Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

ThinkTank posted:

The Habs left Jake Allen in for all 9 goals lol

One of my hockey podcast co-hosts was at that game with his toddler and she had a lot of fun throwing her dad's hat on the ice :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

crashlanding posted:

Fitz has been focused on players with years of team control, Kane is a no-go for multiple reasons (not sure if you meant Kane or just being buyers in general). Gotta think Grier will pull the trigger on a Meier trade at some point, makes no sense to sign another Hertl-like deal.

I could see LouLam making a bid for Kane. He loves his old creaky veterans, whether they perform well (Parise) or not (Chara), and Barzal does need a scoring winger now that Oliver Wahlstrom is on indefinite IR

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

NHL give us a Rags/Isles Winter Classic in Central Park you HACK FRAUDS

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

CBJSprague24 posted:

Shouldn't there have been some announcement as to if anyone claimed Vrana by now?

I think the deadline is 2pm EST? So there's still time for Lamiorello to wake up from his post-martini power lunch nap

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

fawning deference posted:

Lou is def gonna trade for Toews

Furnaceface posted:

Oh poo poo I totally forgot about Lou. And the Isles need a cooked over the hill player now that Chara is gone too.

We already have Zach Parise, but you wouldn't think he's 38 years old from the way he plays. Now that you mention it, we do need a classic LouLam-brand boat anchor on the team...

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

DJExile posted:

https://twitter.com/ToledoWalleye/status/1611114085575180289

oh gently caress yes

they even included the big elbow pads I love ittttt

Call our goalie The Shrine of the Silver Monkey the way nobody can solve his rear end

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

The NY Rangers and fans have a long commitment to being pro-gay rights. We even have a chant that we do in celebration of a fan icon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvXyYbjf1JQ

I will never not laugh at the insanely newscaster cadence with which she delivers the words "Larry... isn't gay."

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Holy poo poo Lou actually did something

Beauvillier has fallen off a lot since the 2020/21 playoff runs, but he still has a lot of speed that could make him valuable as a mid-six puck carrier. Gonna miss him.

Räty has the makings of a solid center. He scored a goal in his first career NHL game with the Isles, which was great to watch. Gonna miss him too.

On the surface, Horvat looks like just the shot in the arm this team needs. Our goal scoring is anemic and our power play is a loving joke (3 for 63 lmfao) so here's hoping he brings some finishing to the lineup and leads us to glorious times. Of course knowing the luck of this franchise, he'll probably score a natural hatty in the first period of his first game with the team before his knees explode halfway through the second and he sits out the rest of the season while the team implodes and Sorokin turns into a pumpkin.

And we're still burning our picks and prospects for the slimmest chance of a short-term gain - how's that been working out for the Panthers?

kill me now posted:

I can see them moving Barzal to wing because honestly he's a good playmaker but not a great center. I would expect that their top 9 will look something like this when Walhstrom gets healthy

Lee - Nelson - Palmeri
Parise - Horvat - Barzal
Baily - Pageau - Wahlstrom

Swap Wahlstrom and Parise and that'll probably be the lineup. Use Holmstrom and Fasching to fill holes on the third and fourth as needed. Maybe bump Bailey down to the fourth line and scratch Clutterbuck? Idk

Mr. Fish fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 31, 2023

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

fawning deference posted:

Wahlstrom is out for the season so that won't be the lineup.

Ugh, don't remind me. Miss that kid. Probably Holmstrom, Fasching, or Parise skating with Bo and Barzy then. Or legendary elite Islanders superstar JOSH BAILEY

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/1622327301219164160

8 x $8.5M, which IMO is a little high. that much money wrapped up in Barzal + Horvat seems questionable

would still take that over the Miller contract

also lol:

https://twitter.com/stefen_rosner/status/1622325844008910850

That's Our Lou!™

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Oh man Isles/Flyers tonight. Getting straight into. Excited for some bad boring hockey between 2 evenly matched teams.

Can't wait for Horvat to tally a natural hat trick in the first before his ankles explode in the second and he retires forever

https://mobile.twitter.com/AGrossNewsday/status/1622627794919256064

Mr. Fish fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Feb 6, 2023

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

ThinkTank posted:

All of the Islanders players just seem like different shade of the same dude.

Lou walking out of the Kinkos with 20 Xeroxes of Josh Bailey

"It's called MAKIN MOVES."

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Chad Sexington posted:

gently caress the penguins tho

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Matt Zerella posted:

Kasperi Kapanen looked disgusting--nipples protruding--in his black shirt before PPG Paints Arena. Very very disrespectful.

Mat Barzal skates well, scores, gets checked into boards - LOWER BODY INJURY. Many such cases!

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Dr Zaius posted:

The sports world should join together and outlaw Boston sports teams.

No more Boston

Society has moved past the need for Boston

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Wonderllama posted:

The rangers paying too much for players past their prime really takes me back, I just want to put a limp bizkit cd in my 1998 Acura integra and drive

smiling softly as I repeat the name Jeff Beukeboom to myself