Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Florida's defence is awful, they basically have to have a winning percentage close to last year's team the rest of the way to even have a chance at the playoffs.

They've really pushed the chips in after last year and don't have a 1st rounder for the next 3 drafts.

I'm still baffled by the Maurice hiring, man he must interview well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Weegar has good underlying numbers and Huberdeau has started to pass the puck into the net a little better... the trade looks less horrible now than it did a few months ago.

That Huberdeau extension tho... I hope the Habs still want him in like 4 or 5 years.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

pseudodragon posted:

Calgary dropping and getting him would be pretty funny for the Battle of the Connors.

agreed, Calgary needs a connor....

Sutter would pair him with Lucic.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Koopa Kid posted:

Have you considered that John Totorella would be his coach

Ohhhh baby... Think of the sound bites when Connor had a great offensive game but only had 1 shot block.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Morgan Reilly, he's a d-man for the Leafs

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Matt Tkachuk is a superstar? Is every ppg player a superstar?

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Albino Squirrel posted:

I just got back from a vacation and it turns out that despite McDavid looking to score 150 points the Oilers are Still Butt?

Someone please explain this

Woodcroft got them to play some semblance of team defense for a half season before everyone tuned him out.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Starsfan posted:

the most obvious one being Jack Campbell has really been awful for them, way worse than anyone would have reasonably predicted at the start of the season.

ThinkTank posted:

It was absolutely the most predictable outcome ever, and it's fantastic.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Thank gawd Chicago, Columbus and Anaheim are all better at being terrible than the next group of awful teams... I wouldn't like Vancouver having more than a 10% chance at Bedard.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

My least favorite teams all happened before the salary cap... The Flames Young Guns and their $20 million payrolls vs Dallas/Detroit in the late 90s, practically AHL talent (and Jarome Iginla) vs $80 million payrolls.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Rent: $2000
Food: $1000
Utilities: $400
Exotic Snakes: $10,000,000

Someone help me fix my budget... Christ professional athletes are the dumbest people on the planet.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Seattle and LA both have sub .890 team save percentages, they can easily fall out of it... but the West is such poo poo that it's hard to tell what turd is going to float to the top

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

mennoknight posted:

people picking the Flames to make the playoffs must not be watching them. Holy hell they suck rear end.

The Black Stones posted:

When they gave up the third goal in the first period it was much appreciated so I could do others things.

Huberdeau doesn't even look like he's worth his current contract... let alone it almost doubling next year. It's almost like Milan Lucic shouldn't be in the top 6.

Also fire Markstrom into the sun... .922 last year to an .895, jesus christ I hate this team.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Looks like a stiff wind could take Connor out.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Bruce's emergency bathroom breaks last the entire practice

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Every canadian franchise is always run at some level of embarrassment.

chicago should be wiped off the face of the earth and all their stanley cup wins should be expunged

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

The Pacific garbage patch is turning into a pretty interesting divisional race, 5 teams with 5 points of each other... all terribly inconsistent with various holes in the lineup, currently being lead by a team with a negative goal differential (yeah yeah games played).

It's not really who wants it more rather who can poo poo the bed less

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Connor Bedard's last 7 games:

16G 10A

3 hat tricks

Short and a selfish player apparently.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Last time the Hitmen held him to 13 sog 4 goals 2 assists.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

The Flames are horribly boring to watch... Huberdeau is going to finish sub 60 points... experience Sutter hockey.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

ThinkTank posted:

Make Sutter coach McDavid. I wanna see him be forced to block shots.

There was a play in preseason where Huberdeau took the puck off a pinching d-man and did this nifty spin-o-rama to avoid the guy entirely and create an odd man rush from center ice in... all Sutter saw on that play was a forward shying away from contact in his own zone. Huberdeau grinds now... I mean he's pretty good at it because he's pretty jacked, but that's $10.5 starting next year.

I'm sure McDavid would still probably get 120 points, but he'd be benched for missing assignments... and have Lucic on his wing... again.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Koopa Kid posted:

But I also remember Ottawa and Vancouver fans during their runs and I don’t believe their behaviour is much worse, it’s just that there’d be More Bad Takes for a limited amount of time.

Low bar but yeah, as long as Toronto doesn't burn down you're probably behaving yourselves better than Vancouver handled it... and Ottawa fans were just in denial that they might actually win.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Burrows and/or Kesler used to put in the research needed to really poo poo talk a guy... gawd the Canucks used to be really unlikable.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Levitate posted:

Trouba drew two instigators in that game for clean hits lol

He won both fights too.

Lucic is making $6 per year to glare at people and give the puck away.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Jake Virtanen just got kicked off his div 2 suiss team for being an insufferable rear end in a top hat that all his teammates hated.

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/swiss-team-ready-to-ditch-jake-virtanen-after-fracas-with-teammate

quote:

But Le Matin reports Virtanen proved to be an unpopular teammate, and in an article accused him of “turning his back on his teammates” and only caring about the name on the back of his sweater, not the front.

According to the report, published on Tuesday, Virtanen was benched by Visp head coach Marco Schüpbach late in a 5-1 loss to La Chaux-de-Fonds.

Virtanen then got into a physical altercation with teammate Daniel Eigenmann.

Eigenmann, apparently, went on behalf of his teammates to management, Le Matin reports, saying “it’s him or us.”

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

ThinkTank posted:

but for the sake of the league he needs to be in a big American market

Bettman already has a shovel in the ground in Phoenix just waiting for Connor.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

OldSenileGuy posted:

Isn't this exactly what Adam Fox did?

No I think Adam Fox bit the head off a live chicken and kicked puppies for fun

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

https://twitter.com/user/status/1623710226066345984

Andersson day to day (full body - scooter)

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

mennoknight posted:

I pledge allegiance

to the Jets

Denied, you must suffer through the next decade of 14th overall draft picks with me.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

mennoknight posted:

how are things looking over on flames message boards?

Can he play net?

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Worst contract in the NHL and it hasn't even started yet.

Sutter obviously has a shelf life, apparently with Huberdeau it's about 60 games.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

mennoknight posted:

I have simply stopped watching. it's pretty good.

Yeah last night I went to my kids soccer game, it was probably more entertaining...it's only pro sports SAS.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

grack posted:

Clearly Calgary just needs some more ex-Canucks on the roster. Can we interest you in a slightly used Conor Garland? He's still kind of actually good!

Sure, with Demko out you can have Markstrom back... he's currently in a fetal position crying quietly.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Markstrom let in the first two shots he faced last night, he actually missed on the first 3 but one hit the post.

I think he saved the 4th shot but I'm not 100% on that... nobody should be subjected to Sutter hockey trailing by 2.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

ThinkTank posted:

Beyond "lol the Oilers broke his brain" what's wrong with Markstrom? You don't go from 26 gsaa to -18 gsaa just because Connor did some dangles on you. He was the runner up for the Vezina last year.

I don't disagree with you but Connor did some dangles for like 5 games and now that $6 million cap hit has night terrors.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Flames have to play at pretty much an .800 pace with sub .900 goaltending to make the playoffs... please sell Treliving.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Flames had an .844 save percentage in 11 games in February.

Seems bad.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

Quick's sitting at an .876 right now... that's bad right?

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

grack posted:

That's worse than Markstrom, so yes.

Hey there's still 20 games left in the season, he can get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

https://twitter.com/user/status/1630995682743001089