Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Pavelski has never had the greatest skills, but he's a very smart player imo. As a result his play hasn't fallen off like most 38 year olds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Eric the Mauve posted:

Anyway, wait what guy named Fleury is in the top 10 all time, and of what
Theo, short-handed goals.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Spelling Mitsake posted:

https://twitter.com/TSN_Sports/status/1613691172769378304

Subban tribute night is already the best habs game of the last 2 seasons :unsmith:

bros 4 lyfe :kimchi:

Also PK looks like Reg Dunlop in that outfit.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Meh.

Is that crescent moon the captain's C?

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Mind_Taker posted:

Binnington is a gigantic baby, part 6436732

Pretty smart of him to keeping reminding whole league know that the tiniest poo poo can take him off his game.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
RIP Hanrahan's wife.
https://www.indiewire.com/2023/02/melinda-dillon-close-encounters-christmas-story-dead-1234806629/

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Koth posted:

Didn't Garth Snow have one decent off-season where he brought in a few good players?

I remember hearing that DiPietro's contract was being pushed by the owner at the time, Charles Wang. The previous GM Neil Smith (?) didn't like the idea and got poo poo-canned. Then Snow came in with the assumption he'd have to do it to get the job. Dunno if that is true though.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
These own.

Fun fact: Until DiPietro being taken #1 overall, Luongo was the highest goalie taken at #4. Previously, Tom Barrasso was taken at #5.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Now that I think about it, those should have some gold by the maple leaves. Otherwise, perfect.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Every player is a hired gun. Instead of booing a player fans should be pissed at their GM for not making a better offer.

However, if Gaudreau is on the 4th line in Columbus and still getting 7.75m in 5 years, feel free to lol.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Jay-Z had a banner in Brooklyn when I saw the Isles play there. Something like "8 sold out shows in 8 days."

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I thought that the Canadian government made sure there was at least one federal holiday each month so that families could spend more time together or something?? So they added some random ones like Family Day.

If that's the case it's probably best to have it on the same day as your biggest trading partner's holiday that month. Half a day's backlog of work twice in one month would suck.

deoju fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Feb 21, 2023

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Cartoon Man posted:

What’s the cool rhyming phrase to lose for Bedard, like nothing rhymes with Bedard.

There's a word that means 'slow down' that rhymes. It starts with an 'r,' but it comes with some unfortunate baggage.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

nature6pk posted:

Hi friends, sorry to interrupt but I'm having trouble finding the picture of Lanny McDonald wearing and Oilers jersey. I thought you folks would be the people to ask

Pretty sure you can find it in mennoknight's nightmares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

:lol:
That's me when my uncle starts to talk politics at the Thanksgiving dinner table.