Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Happy new year! 2023 is the year the Sabres will break the curse!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Tage Thompson scored three goals to honor Damar Hamlin.

He’s scored 30 goals and 3 hat tricks and it’s Jan 3rd lmao

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Part of the reason Tage broke out at the beginning of 2022 was his chemistry with Tuch. The Skinner-Thompson-Tuch line has incredible chemistry. Skinny is obviously a 30-goal, 50-60 point guy and Tuch has been incredible since he joined the team. I understand that other teams will try to adapt to their play to shut them down but as long as that line stays together, all three will be a threat. I wouldn’t be surprised if Thompson gets close to 100 points this season with Tuch having like 80 and Skinner breaking his career high from last year which iirc was 63 points.

The Sabres defense is a strange mixed bag. Dahlin-Samuelsson is a great pair although they were not very good last night. Dahlin has struggled lately after his hot start but I am sure he will score at least 50-60 points. He’s still at a point per game rn but I don’t think he will catch Karlsson baring any injuries. Samuelsson has been playing great defense, the team was way worse when he was injured. Owen Power is good and was playing well paired with Jokiharju, who is injured. They have some kid named Kale Clague paired with him right now who is actually pretty good. But then they have Bryson-Lyubushkin who are not very good, and that’s being generous. Lyubushkin was awful last night, he kept giving up the puck in the defensive zone and took a stupid penalty. I don’t understand Bryson. He isn’t good at offense or defense, he is kinda fast but that’s about it. They have other, better players like Pilut who got sent back to Rochester when Bryson came back from injury. It’s like they have a weird sunken-cost fallacy with him.

Their goaltending has been better lately but who knows what will happen. UPL has been excellent lately, winning his last five starts. Anderson is good when he plays like once a week. But Comrie is close to coming back from injury and then what? Are they going to send UPL back to Rochester with how good he has been playing? He was insanely good last night, in spite of giving up four goals. He made huge save after huge save, which was mostly due to bad defending. But he has gained confidence and his play continues to improve so I can’t see how they could replace him with Comrie at this point.

Edit:

Hand Knit posted:

I feel like I want to see more than half a season of good Tage Thompson before I declare him a perennial forty goal scorer.

He played really well for half of the 21-22 season and half of this season, so that’s like a full season :v: in calendar year 2022 he scored like 56 goals, obviously that isn’t the best measure because of the huge break in the middle but it’s still a lot.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jan 4, 2023

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Duckman2008 posted:

Tage is having a season where Buffalo can miss and he could still be top 3. Which is pretty rare but I think the storyline will have it happen.

THE BUFFALO SABRES ARE GOING TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS

Steve Stamkos scored 60 goals in a season Tampa didn’t make the playoffs!

The Sabres have won every game in which they’ve worn the Black/Red throwback goat head jerseys and scored exactly 6 goals in each one. Seriously, they’ve done it five times. Insanity. Tonight’s game was a sellout and everyone chanted MVP after Tage scored a PP goal. The building shook and the roof could have come down. Just complete bedlam. One of the best games I’ve ever attended.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Aphrodite posted:

Good for Tage, but Linus Ullmark has 1 loss.

You should be thanking the Sabres for Ullmark, all things considered! I hope he stays healthy, he deserves nice things.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Obviously no one knew Ullmark was going to be this good, but between looking at his numbers on some of those Sabres teams he played for and the old fashioned eye test, it did seem like he was arguably the best goalie in their system in recent years. I wonder why they let him walk.

They didn’t, he chose to walk. It’s most Jason Botteril’s fault for signing guys like Ullmark and Reinhart to bridge contracts instead of locking them up long term. That’s part of why Kevyn is a great GM, he knows who his core guys are and made sure they would be sticking around.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Ullmark, Risto, Reinhart and Eichel were a part of the org when it was a toxic environment. They basically couldn’t stay because the org was so lovely that it pushed them out. Kevyn Adams talked a lot early on about having players who loved Buffalo and wanted to be a part of the team, which sounded stupid at first but that was key to building the current culture they’ve finally developed. It helps that he embraced analytics, drafted really well and hired the right coach so the team is playing well and has a good pipeline.

The only guys left from the Eichel era are guys who still really wanted to be a Sabre, like Dahlin, Mittelstadt, Okposo and Girgensens. Skinner was a trade obv and he wasn’t going anywhere with that contract. Everybody else has bought in hard and this team finally has a strong foundation. It’s a good time to be a Sabres fan, finally!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I like that "being outside of the playoffs, but only by a little bit" qualifies as a good time to be a Sabres fan. I guess after that 15 win season the other year it's a huge improvement though.

They scored six goals in one period earlier this season, four of which were from Tage. They are insane and I love every second of it.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

In case you missed it, Dahlin scored a “controller disconnected” goal last night. He had 2g3a5p last night lol

https://twitter.com/buffalosabres/status/1611896640427937794?s=46&t=crKxgxwnpcokAr9Z7FX1fQ

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The Sabres have a brutal stretch coming up, they play 12 games in 20 days (13 in 22 if you count last night’s game). I’m definitely worried that they could run out of steam and lose some games due to just being exhausted. Hopefully they won’t be against teams in the East lol

I think we’ll have a much better picture of their playoff chances by February. Hopefully they will be good.

Edit: how dare Pasternak score more goals than Tage motherfucking Thompson!!!

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jan 9, 2023

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Oh no, my team is bad again and I’m an idiot!!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I knew the Sabres would crash back to earth as soon as the fans started to get excited and talking about playoffs because God won't let Buffalo have anything nice for some reason. I don't know what you guys did to piss him off.

Nah, part of the issue is that Eric Comrie came back from injury, but Ukko-Pekka Lukkonen has been playing well enough that it would be lovely to send him to Rochester, so they are playing a stupid game where they are “lending” Jack Quinn to Rochester and sitting J.J. Peterka so they can continue to have three goalies and stay within the player/salary cap constraints. I think they are the only three players who don’t need to be put on waivers to be sent down so they are picking the worst solution and it’s hurting the team. Comrie sucked on Tuesday, obviously he was rusty but he wasn’t good earlier in the season either so they’re kind of in a bind!

Edit: their defense is also weird, they lost Fitzgerald to Florida on waivers which hurts their depth (even though he isn’t very good) but they have three really good defensemen, one who is decent but keeps getting injured (Jokiharju) and two who are continuously bad every night and oh my god why are they still playing them together. Bryson sucks, Lyubushkin sucks and they are dragging the team down. Bryson should be in Rochester wtf are they doing

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jan 13, 2023

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Also, I know Colorado is banged up, but things are looking pretty bad for them. Are they going to miss the playoffs? They've got games in hand but they're 4 points out of the last wild card, and 7 points behind Minnesota for the third division spot. If any team is capable of a second half surge it's probably them, just seems pretty bleak right now.

Edit: also they are currently losing to the Blackhawks

Yeah thats big dumb. I feel like goalie is a position where you can generally trust that the guy to get through waivers too (if they even need to clear). Most teams seem to have their guys already.

They’re in a tough spot, Comrie was signed to be a starter and they begged Anderson to come back because vibes and leadership and all that. Comrie did a conditioning stint in Rochester last week before coming back to Buffalo but I don’t know how well he would take being put on waivers and sent back there. I think their intention originally was to have Comrie/Anderson this year and Comrie/UPL next year. They could try to do the latter now but they’d have to do something with Anderson to do it now and he’s been their best guy (as long as he only plays once a week because he’s 41). UPL had won his last six starts before tonight and had like a .915 save % in that stretch. He was good tonight but the rest of the team was iffy and they had some bad luck.

This three-game losing streak is frustrating and it would be very bad if it continued. They have all the right pieces to get that WC2 spot in the East but they have to execute and their scoring has dried up a little bit.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

T-Bone posted:

Do they though? They're a fun team to watch and they have some really solid pieces, but they're not as good as Pittsburgh or Washington as constituted.

It sure seemed that way five days ago. They are in a precarious position where a bad stretch would ruin their chances and then the past three games happened. Before Tuesday, they hadn’t lost consecutive games for a month.

They just have to keep scoring six goals a game, obviously!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Duckman2008 posted:

What’s your punishment for the toxx ?

I’ve been thinking about that. I guess I can get banned and then once I buy my account back, I will buy an avatar related to the team that gets the WC2 slot chosen by a fan of that team which I will keep until… the end of next season I guess?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

rex rabidorum vires posted:

How about you skip that and instead, if you feel appropriate, donate to a given charity or organization for the WC2 team.

That’s fine too. I had to do that for a battered women’s shelter in Pittsburgh after they beat Nashville in the finals. Sounds like I might be doing that again this year!

Edit: The Sabres have basically been out scoring their other issues, 19 of their wins were in games where they scored 4+ goals but they’ve only won once scoring fewer than 4 lol the last time they had trouble scoring they went on an 8-game losing streak, that would be the nail in the coffin of their playoff hopes if that happened again now.

In 2010-11 the Sabres were 30th in the League at Christmas and then somehow ended the season going 24-4-4 to make the playoffs against all odds. That team was worse than this one in almost every way, except they had Ryan Miller so :shrug:

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jan 13, 2023

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

eXXon posted:

Just lol if your sports grudges aren't all decades old, involving long-since retired players.

e: gently caress YOU Steve Webb and Cam Janssen you pieces of poo poo!!

Brett Hull :argh:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Channeling his inner Thomas Vanek with that between the legs move. Legendary. And it was the game winner!

Juuse Saros has still never beaten the Buffalo Sabres. I like Nashville but watching Buffalo own the poo poo out of them the past few years has been awesome.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I hate that the Sabres have been good for stretches this season, because it gets my hopes up and then I have to watch games like the one today where everybody but Kyle Okposo looked like they slept through their alarm because they forgot there was a game and then scrambled to get to the arena on time. They were sleepwalking once again, very much like the game against the Flyers last week. Their last two wins were against Western Conference teams and they lost to the Flyers and Panthers which massively hurts their playoff chances. Cool cool love to be in an abusive relationship with my team. The only silver lining is that I have been riding my road bike on a trainer during the games and when they suck I hammer the pedals and probably burn twice as many calories. It also helps me work through some of the frustration, but only some.

The Bills barely beating the Dolphins yesterday also didn’t help my stress levels. Why must Buffalo be cursed like this

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

th3t00t posted:

To a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 12 years, coming within 4 points with 4 games in hand in January is "flirting with a playoff spot", even though they immediately struck out and wasted the games in hand.

Where would you rate the Penguins? Buffalo has 21 wins in 42gp. Pens have 22 wins in 43gp. They're 4 OTLs and a Skinner cross check to Geuntzel's face apart.

It’s always, “if only x had happened” with them. If only they had good goaltending early on. Now they’re getting decent goaltending but if only they were playing better defense/scoring 6 goals a game. If only Skinner hadn’t cross-checked Guentzel in the face they might have won one of those two games against the Pens. If only UPL hadn’t gotten sick last week they might have won last Tuesday. They need to improve in some areas but consistency is the biggest one. Some days they go out and play like the best team in the league against teams higher than them in the standings. Then they turn around and play games like yesterday’s or last week’s against the Flyers.

They still have games in hand on the Islanders and Caps but they would have to have a lot of luck for things to go their way (like one of those teams and the Penguins all making GBS threads the bed) while they give 110% every game and… yeah. They are in the middle of a stretch where they are playing 13 games in 22 days and they’ve gone 2-4-0 through the first six, including losses to teams they are trying to stay above in the standings :geno:

Edit: I heard they’re trying to trade prospect G Eric Portillo, who might not sign with them after he finishes college this year. Which sucks, he was a big reason they had a good goaltending pipeline. They’re also supposedly looking to trade Hinostroza somewhere because he’s barely played this season and it seems unfair to just scratch him every night when they’ve kinda sorta got four lines going.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jan 17, 2023

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Where would I rate the Penguins - huge breath and 20,000 words later . Nah. I'd rate the Penguins as disappointing followed by unbelievably inconsistent. The nuts and bolts on that we're skipping here.

You want to talk points though? Ok. Happy to do that. Buffalo has 16 regulation wins. That is 1 less regulation win than the Flyers. You want to talk about OT points? Buffalo has 4 OT wins and 1 shootout win to go along with 2 OT losses. That's 7 OT games vs Pittsburgh's 8. Where the Pens have 6 losses. The problem isn't Buffalo not getting enough OTLs the problem is Buffalo doesn't win enough games period.

Here's what a wrote a few days ago on the 13th:

In that time Buffalo has played 2 and won 1. Pens played 3 and won 1. Islanders played 2 and gained 3 points. Washington played 2 won 1. Florida played 2 won 2. Good news you're a little further from Montreal. Bad news you're still closer to them (5 points) than Pittsburgh or Washington (6 points). Since the start of the New Year Buffalo ranks 13th of the 16 teams in the East in a pile with Pittsburgh, Montreal, Islanders, and Carolina. Washington has 7pts in 7 games putting them mid-table for 2023. on December 31st of 2022 Buffalo had 34 games played with 38 points and were 6 points with 3 games in hand on NYR/NYI and 2 games in hand on the Pens. At no point were Buffalo '4 points with 4 games in hand'. Washington with 39 games played had a 9 point lead on December 31st. That's as close as Buffalo got. Which is to say....they didn't.

Buffalo is a fun team to watch. They have, allegedly, a very good prospect pool and if they can develop that they might be competitive. However, Buffalo needs at least one team in the Atlantic to implode *and* Florida to continue to employ Paul Maurice to even sniff at their division. After that they need Pittsburgh and/or Washington to fall of their respective cliffs and not have improvements from Detroit or the Isles. Everything went Buffalo's way for the first half of the year...still a ways short.

Eh they were inconsistent early on, they started like 7-3-0 and then lost 8 in regulation in a row and have been up and down. They won 6 in a row last month but since Jan 1st they’re 3-5-0. t00t was saying that if they had gotten to OT in some of those one-goal regulation losses they’d be elevated a bit by pity points but they have been awful at tying the game late. They’ve won one game while trailing going into the third? Maybe even 0. We were all hoping they could sneak into that final playoff position by outscoring their problems but again since Jan 1st they have been pretty bad, their PP was 1st and it keeps dropping and they aren’t really scoring much at 5-on-5 either! They aren’t out of the race but as you and I both said, a lot of things would have to go their way including playing well every game.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

https://twitter.com/GMillerTSN/status/1615760220197617692

So who misses?

I still think the Oilers are going to finish second in the Pacific (their schedule is pretty good the second half and they've been a good team for a while and Campbell isn't the worst goaler on earth anymore) and one of the Kings/Flames/Avs will miss altogether.

The Sabres have 39 games remaining, they would have to get 50 more points to reach 95. A week and a half ago, I would’ve said yeah they can do it but they have played like poo poo for the past ten days including losing to the loving Blackhawks last night!!!! So I am dumb and got overzealous when they beat Boston. They have only won like one game where they scored fewer than 4 goals. They’ve given up fewer than 3 goals nine times this season. They are such a hot mess.

They did something crazy in 2010-11 where they went something like 24-4-4 over their last 32 games and snuck into the playoffs but that team had Ryan Miller in goal to bail them out several times. Crazier things have happened…?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I’m going to the Sabres game tonight to see them retire Ryan Miller’s number and induct him into the Sabres Hall of Fame. The Pegulas got rid of the SHOF a few years ago because they’re idiots, but now it’s back, baby. I had the pleasure of seeing Rick Jeaneret inducted like eleven or twelve years ago. Also Dale Hawerchuk I think? It was in the first game the Sabres played at home against the new Winnipeg Jets so that tracks.

Hopefully the banner ceremony and the fact that the game is sold out will give the Sabres energy and momentum!!!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Horvat for Mittelstadt and Hinostroza let’s fuckin goooooo

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://twitter.com/nhl/status/1616277232036597765?s=46&t=YgHfk0bMFr54VTNTmrqYCA

Last night was crazy and this was an incredible way to cap it off. To be honest I was surprised that it wasn’t reviewed for being offside. The entire bench had already emptied onto the ice, could you imagine them calling that back? I mean, he was on side, there’s an angle where you can clearly see that the puck is across the line while Cozens still has a foot on the blue line but still.

The Ryan Miller banner ceremony was great. The whole night was electric. That’s the second sold out Sabres game I’ve gone to this season and they’ve rallied to win both of them (prev one was against Minnesota). If they play like they did against the Islanders against a lesser team they would score 9 goals. Oh wait that did happen against Columbus lol

By the way, that was only the second time this season the Sabres won a game while scoring fewer than four goals and the tenth time they gave up fewer than three goals.

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 20, 2023

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

th3t00t posted:

Welp. Sabres are back within 4 points of a playoff spot. No games in hand this time.

The 1st and 2nd line have gone pretty cold the last 10 games. 3rd line has gotten hot.

I'm hoping Tage awakens from his slumber soon.

Would be a pretty good team with more consistent play out of the top 3 lines.

They still have three games in hand on Washington and play them two more times, but Washington would have to decline hard to drop out tbh. The Sabres proved on Thursday that they could play a complete game, if they played that way against lesser teams with bad goalies they could win every night.

Idk what happened to the Sabres’ Power Play but it got terrible again. They scored today against the Ducks but the Ducks are pathetic. Maybe putting all their eggs in one basket would be a mistake, but if they moved Olofsson to the first PP unit and Cozens to PP2, it could make the first unit harder to read. The it wouldn’t just be Dahlin feeding Tage one-timers, he could also feed one to Olofsson if he’s left too open. But then PP2 might suck, so who knows.

Tage has been pretty bad the past seven games, he had that sick goal vs Chicago and a few assists but not much else going for him. Gotta wonder what happened there!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Chad Sexington posted:

Most would, yes.

Each line has been hot at some point this season but almost never at the same time. I think they were firing on all cylinders for a couple of weeks in December.

With their win today they’re 5-5-1 in January so far which is not great! They have a tough road trip coming up against Dallas, St Louis, Winnipeg and Minnesota. They could still salvage this lovely month by going 9-5-1!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://twitter.com/thechargingbuf/status/1617737422598705153?s=46&t=cshjxWmLBOaoD1169XmFyQ

Dallas couldn’t withstand the awesomeness of Craig Anderson tonight

Let’s fuckin gooooooooo Buffaloooooooooo

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Do they place him in stasis after every game he plays?

He doesn’t play more than one game a week, if that’s what you’re asking. He’s definitely going to retire at the end of this season.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Duckman2008 posted:

At least he only has to play until mid April.

Bad news: The Buffalo Sabres are going to make the playoffs.

Eric the Mauve posted:

We're on year 4 of everyone saying this

The org begged him to come back for another year because he’s such a great guy to have in the locker room. He was definitely ready to retire but now he is playing really well, when he plays one game a week. Their original plan was to play Comrie most of the time and Anderson once in a while because they weren’t sure if UPL would be ready to play full time in the NHL yet and they literally had nobody else. (But now UPL is playing like a starter and there’s a bit of a goalie controversy)

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

tage

But seriously, he was extremely good tonight. Even when he isn’t scoring, he is making insane plays like the setup of the OT winner last night. If Washington loses, the Sabres will be 3 points back with three games in hand. They still play Washington two more times :getin:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Koth posted:

Beniers' hit on Myers didn't even looked pretty soft. I can't tell at all why Myers went after him like that.

As a guy who has a Myers jersey from his rookie year and watched all his seasons in Buffalo, let me tell you: it’s because he’s a loving idiot.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Diet Crack posted:

lmao at Hasek higher than Roy and Brodeur, he was good but lol.

I could see people argue for Roy, but Brodeur better than Hasek? Nobody actually believes that.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://twitter.com/llysowski/status/1618770480068165633?s=46&t=EN0HCb_wFsIkTKEgAF_SEw

Sabres playoff hopes are dead if Samuelsson is out for an extended period. His injury earlier this season led to their 8-game losing streak. hosed up.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

th3t00t posted:

+ Dylan Cozens catching a butt end to the side of the jaw and wobbling off the ice tonight. Hopefully it’s a “minor” concussion

Donny seemed to think he was fine in his postgame interview. I don’t think it’s a concussion.

He also said Samuelsson could play on Saturday which is also great news.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Here’s the insane Skinner-Tuch-Thompson goal that made my brain explode

https://twitter.com/nhl/status/1618799575040393216?s=46&t=EN0HCb_wFsIkTKEgAF_SEw

tage

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jan 27, 2023

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Koopa Kid posted:

RIP Leafs but hey, more time for Matthews to rest that wrist (say 3x fast) and maybe Nylander gets the all-star nod he deserves

No, they already picked Barkov lol

No defensemen were picked from the Atlantic for some reason. Not even Dahlin!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Thank you, Toronto, for helping Buffalo get one step closer to a playoff spot.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Jon Scott had an engineering degree iirc, smart dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Aphrodite posted:

well which is it?

He quit hockey to be an electrical engineer I think?