Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I forgot the one girl's daughter now worked there and is also a "goth" because I don't even remember. All I know is that's a REALLY stupid character design. Stupider than usual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Some Guy TT posted:

A perky goth with a negative charisma score kind of beggers disbelief, especially considering that Dethany works most closely with Fi, whose main characteristic is that she openly hates nearly everyone.

:eng101: That's not Dethany (from on the Fasttrack), that's her supervisor's daughter.

Good Listener fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jan 18, 2023

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I hate that chin thing Intelligence Life does. It's like he got it from Ren and Stimpy but the bad parts of the show. (The John K parts)

Also yea, tha is some Nausicaa rear end ancient robot in the antique dealer strip.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I wonder if Maggie is in a wheel chair actually because honestly to me it looks more like just a chair with a wheel on it.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Green Intern posted:

I'm sorry, is Gil Thorp referencing Chainsaw Man!?

This is like when Rex Morgan referenced Precure. What the hell.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

No Heart of the City no, incorrect. It is always in mid November, it is not soon at all! :mad:

Ok my nerd rant is over.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

davidspackage posted:

"Quit gettin' mad at video games" is still solid advice, I feel.

Advice I need to follow way more often but fighting game brain

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
But how will he have more pregnancies without marriage? Holbrook must be constantly making hybrid babies with weird not quite super powers.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens

Also I just have to say it, she is in no position to scold people about frivolous DNA magic use.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Giant Ethicist posted:

Cthulhu and Girl

I really like the art in this one particularly just there's a lot of good movement even though she's standing still. Also the coloring is good. It's a good strip!

Selachian posted:

When Mikl was posting K&K, they pointed out there's one gay couple in the strip -- Rachel the rhinoceros and her horse wife Joan -- but outside of their wedding story, they almost never show up.

Also there is the pop star lady and the time traveler lady (who is also a baby presently) in Safe Havens. I can't think of any gay men in any of his strips at all as an aside, maybe this is not surprising, maybe it is.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I'm gonna say it again, Anime NYC is in November. God dammit Heart in the City :mad:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I'm gonna guess cuz it seems like Popeye's mom here feels bad about not being there for Popeye, unlike Pappy? I don't know if this was the case with their original selves or not though :shrug:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
That's not steampunk at ALL Dethany.

Also chickpeas DO rule but are more fun if you call them garbanzo beans.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I really hate how he draws specifically chins in rage/sadness. Just this dimply wrinkly pile I hate looking at.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I don't think it's just me but I feel like every Kevin and Kel Easter story is the exact same.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Shouldn't those two be plants?

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Hostile V posted:

"Grandma Rose you're loving awful and I want nothing to do with you after you forced your employees to work at your mansion during the pandemic."

Don't worry, I'm sure she'll come around :haw:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Giant Ethicist posted:

I really hate that Intelligent Life barbarian comic, but I have to ask: Why is Mace Windu in it, and what the gently caress is supposed to be the joke about the leprechaun?

The joke is that do you know the Lucky Charms Leprechaun? He drew him. That's the joke.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Safe Havens sure keeps forgetting that lady is supposed to be half plant now huh

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

riderchop posted:

On The Fastrack

NEITHER OF THESE THINGS ARE DIGITAL

Edit: Even if you wanna say the street light is electric and somehow hooked up to the internet, a loving air filter is in no way electronic

Good Listener fucked around with this message at 16:49 on May 2, 2023

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Every Holbrook strip is a diff flavor of Hell World.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

I will often quote this so good good work haha

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Intelligent Life you're making me give Snuffy Smith less hate by including him in your strip.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I agree also that Patina's "goth" look is absolute dogshit though I get mad seeing it exist lol

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

JethroMcB posted:

I saw this and had a "This is why I hate K&K" moment...and that was before I read "Wapsi Square" and suddenly a flood of memories of bad webcomics threads from nearly 20 years ago came screaming back. Now I have so many new reasons to hate it.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who had a sudden rush of past "oh no" pop up seeing that name.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Mary Worth Wonder Woman's posture is HORRIBLE. Or she has decided to just sit on the counter which is also bad to imagine. Her rear end is going to get all fast food greasy.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Ghostlight posted:

i thought this guy's whole thing was male lions didn't hunt so he was beating stigma by hunting like a lioness, who stalks prey, but here is he waiting in ambush like a male lion.

I think that's the other lion. The one who sucked rear end at hunting and married a rabbit.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

amigolupus posted:

Three years before you actually get to go on your honeymoon?

Leave. Your. lovely. Job.

Make up your goddamn mind whether these two are humans or plant-people, Holbrook.

I might be wrong but I think it is actually pandemic reasons they couldn't honey moon til now since they couldn't do their wedding either because of it. MAYBE I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt and it isn't just 100% lovely boss/job lol

Hard agree on plant people though.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

amigolupus posted:

If by pandemic reasons, you mean the rear end in a top hat boss keeping Dethany and the other secretary trapped in her mansion working as indentured slaves, then that's why she couldn't go on her honeymoon back then. :v: But I think Holbrook already stopped writing about the pandemic a long while back, so the fact she's only getting to go on her honeymoon now lies squarely on her toxic job and abusive boss.

Goddamn, Sally and Ted really need to dump Sally's mom in a senior living community that's farthest away from them, pronto.

Oh yea I don't mean to defend there. For some reason my brain thought to give benefit of the doubt with the "Well no one can travel IN REAL LIFE so" haha. My bad!

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
It was posted the other day but it's right, the plant assistant and the magician assistant are two chars who look so similar there's so little way to tell them apart. I don't blame myself for this.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

amigolupus posted:

Reminder that Older Maria here had no memories of Earth almost getting destroyed by a meteor, despite it being big news at the time, so she had to have come from a divergent timeline. Everyone's an idiot here for assuming Kid Maria will follow in Older Maria's exact footsteps.

It's still weird to me to marry an alternative timeline version of your best friend's daughter who is a 4 year old or something in your timeline. Maybe creepy even.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

JethroMcB posted:

I wouldn't worry until he starts giving everybody wavy, unbroken beaver teeth and bulbous, red W.C. Fields noses.

This was my exact thought and one of the reasons I quit reading like 10 years ago or some poo poo.

The new style will take some getting used to but it's not too bad honestly. Not a huge swing in a different direction in my eyes.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

Safety Dance posted:

Huh. I would not have guessed they eat grass.

You are not alone.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I'll also miss Chtupin. It was a good little comic , thanks for sharing it with us!

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

From a few days ago but realizing I know exactly where this town is and it makes me laugh.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Demons of Baseball has gotten so good now that we actually see them being..demons of baseball :allears:

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I wanna wedgie the Intelligent Life guy so hard you have NO idea

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Why does a COW work at the murder place?

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
I appreciate all these comments and <3 you all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons

riderchop posted:

Safe Havens

I know because time travel this is true but don't call the 5 year old your mom. Jesus.