Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost
Someone explain Jughead to me. Why are his eyes always closed? Why is he always scowling?
(Enjoying ancient Archie way more than expected. Thanks for posting it.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Haifisch posted:

I've noticed that imgpile has trouble on awful app but works fine in an actual browser(including mobile firefox). Testing one in mobile discord works fine too - I think the problem is with the awful app and not imgpile itself.

e: Dropping a note about it in the awful app thread now that I've managed to figure out where it is.

Alas, no. I'm browsing on Chrome and almost always have to reload the page when I get to Darthemed's posts to get all the images to appear. Never happens with anyone else.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

manero posted:

No Nancy 1943 for today, so all you get is Pluggers

Gatlinburg, home of the Salt and Pepper Shaker Meusum, featuring over 20,000 shakers.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost
People here love to rag on the strips that have poo poo for art.
They go on about the horribly stupid plots that read like a toddler's fever dream.
They apologize for the existence of gross old racist stereotypes.

So how is it that the the one comic that is the epitome of all three, the perfect trifecta of awful, goes without notice?

Dick Tracy is hands down the worst thing being posted here.

Moogaboosh! We are evil foreigners here to steal your white women! Booliboosh!

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

amigolupus posted:

You would think that a camp for children that got infiltrated several times already by adults set on preying on them would cause the camp to be shut down, or have added security measures.

I'm trying to remember, with 95% of the jokes being how they constantly murder each other, has the concept of veal come up ever? Or would that be a horror too far?

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mercury Hat posted:

Eh, give it about a week and a half and you'll have forgotten all about that painting.

Plus all you have to do is change out the dialog and those panels will still work perfectly.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm sure it's just a total coincidence that as soon as you give your address to team Evans the power lines going to your house are cut. Riiiiiiight.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

riderchop posted:

Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Charles Boyce's The Road, chapter 1.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tiggum posted:

Why hasn't she asked who it is in the costume? :stare:

Many years ago, a woman named Lisa was so desperate to escape her pathetic, clingy husband that she faked her own death...

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

EasyEW posted:

There's a Technicolor edit from the first time this appeared several threads back that I haven't been able to find again. It was a lovely effort that it doesn't look like I saved.

I made one way back, long enough ago that I don't remember how to get pictures posted from my imgur account now.

https://imgur.com/RifcnWB

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Medenmath posted:

I like the whole setup a lot more when you put it that way, haha

Vintage Valiant (Mar. 13, 1960)

Foster's sketches appear to be based on a part of Cheddar Gorge that unfortunately shares a name with a more famous mountain in Hong Kong, making it hard for me to quickly google up any details.

Cheddar Lion Rock is marked out on Google Maps with a few decent photos. I like to look up locations mentioned in Prince Valiant from time to time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mister Olympus posted:

this one, this is the OOW that still totally blanks me

The boy on the right is being an rear end in a top hat dropping sand bags on passing people or critters. The boy on the left is stepping up to be a hero and save the approaching puppy by inflating a bag and then popping it to scare the puppy away before it gets hurt.