Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Hi! I'm LvK! I make lazy edits!

make more edits in 2023! I believe in us! Hi, I'm JvC!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Professor Wayne posted:

look at that sweetie

honestly my favorite part about the Overboard Octopus was trying to figure out what the artist was trying to draw when I was cropping it out.

Nose? Mouth? Tentacle contour? Both? Neither? Eyes to one side? Eyes in the center? Madness.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

~Coxy posted:

Nancy 1948

Chaos.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

That reminds me, it feels like it's been a bit since we've seen Mopsy.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

maltesh posted:

I guess the fax is getting installed so the brunette guy doesn't have to use signal flares to communicate with people outside the office anymore?

yeah we had to piece this out in a Discord, there's a little price tag on the machine that is supposed to indicate that they just bought the machine, instead of having a dude repair it like I had assumed at first

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Sundae posted:

Wow, you folks found like the one and only Wikipedia article without a literally-insane contributor watching for modifications to their precious little baby. :wow:

I guess everyone hates Dustin.

lol check the talk page, the closest this has come to being changed is a couple of angry right wingers last year who griped about changing it and then never changed it

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Wimpy really needs to protect his neck.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

manero posted:

Nancy 1943

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

gently caress, when Curtis hits, it hits

e:

also this one rules if you interpret it as Curtis intentionally trolling his dad instead of a "kids these days!!!" strip

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Powered Descent posted:

The Family Circus

fixed

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

manero posted:

Nancy 1943

Yikes on that racist trope though. I honestly don't know whether I should spoiler stuff like this.

(e: deleted because it was way meaner than I meant it to be, but I think it's pointless to have a historical document where in-text jokes at the expense of the characters are treated with the same blurry hand as hard racial slurs and hideously ugly stereotypes. I would like to think that we're all mature enough to be able to celebrate the past with all its warts without having to place a dumb side comment behind the same curtain as actual hate speech.)

Anyways, over at comedy site 1-900-HOTDOG, Cracked alumni Brendan McGinley did an article about the dead-eyed undying gaze of newspaper comic royalty, Buster Brown:
https://1900hotdog.com/2023/01/nerding-day-buster-brown-%f0%9f%8c%ad/

LvK fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jan 30, 2023

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

~Coxy posted:

Can somebody Red 'n' Rover this one for me? Is MD 20 20 the equivalent of goon?

yeah as mentioned earlier, it's absolute trash-tier sweetened bumwine. In retrospect I probably should have put it in the first panel's speech bubble.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Howard Beale posted:

I am absolutely fascinated by this Arlo & Janis travelogue. I had no idea Jimmy Johnson felt this way about Cuba, and I'm glad he could share it.

so used to Discord that I want to type :100: but instead I'll type :regd10: because I completely fuckin' agree, this is really interesting and charming and personal, and I wasn't even aware of the comic strip connection.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

The_Other posted:

Solver 9: Boys Like Fun Part 1

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

Note the Chibi-Lottie by the bikes.

Lake Winnipesaukee? How do you spell that?

I absolutely choose to believe that Go-Kart Conspiracy sounded like PritStik
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOd-VhioEyQ

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Cowslips Warren posted:

Ugh this Crabgrass thing is just dumb now. It feels like a Holbrook poo poo.

bro I'm over this storyline but comparing it to Holbrook's "nuclear family transformation findom fetish with inks provided by 'Melonpool'" gulag is absolutely fighting words.

anyways,

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

fondue posted:

At what point do we discover that this is all really a dream? I'm just wondering whom is having the dream.

Dethany from On the Fastrack

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
sorry, that was mean. I'm still entertained by this Crabgrass arc because Bondia is clearly having fun drawing it, and there's goodwill from tons of good gags and characterization in the relatively short time the strip has been running. Even when the storylines kind of falter and stray, the pace is decent and the day-to-day jokes are charming even if they're not gutbusters.

Holbrook can take two good tugs off a dead dog's dick and eat the discharge on his toast.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
how to make an edit!

1.) come up with a weird visual you can do easily
2.) come up with a joke of literally any variety no second step

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
I Don't Get It.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

EasyEW posted:

THE POWERFUL KATRINKA-- The man in line behind at the movie kept crowding her so that she turned around and gave him a push.

The Powerful Katrinka Musou game! Let's gooooo~~!!!

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Aleta had never been so high in her life.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

manero posted:

I'm really not quite sure how to feel about this one

he can't stop racing!

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
hey does anyone remember roughly when the Rex Morgan, MD "Sweeper" arc started? Thanks.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Hwurmp posted:

he hired someone good-looking to stand next to him

I've seen that strip like 8 times and this is the first time I realized what his deal was, holy smokes.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Vargo posted:

Wallace the Brave

I love that the woman with the purse looks like she could be a future Amelia :allears:

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

~Coxy posted:

Macanudo

Whackanudo

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Safety Dance posted:

I know a woman who broke her nose that way. Babies have big heads and very little neck control.

haha my sister-in-law's been there, nose actually broken and all. The way I hear it is that my nephew was giggling gleefully and barely even noticed the bonk on his part

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Selachian posted:

Rhymes with Orange

what the gently caress

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

don Jaime posted:

Konami loved the Reivers. They not only turned up in the six-person X-Men game, one’s a boss in the Punisher game, too.

in addition to Bonebreaker being a boss, Pretty Boy was one of the recurring enemies! (based off an issue where the Reavers pinned Punisher and co. down in a junkyard for reasons I don't remember)

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Professor Wayne posted:

Hagar the Horrible

you say "coward," I say "a man with very specific needs and the means to see them fulfilled."

riderchop posted:

Compu-toon

it has been pointed out to me that, famously, Costa Rica is known for its black-sand beaches! :eng101:

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

JethroMcB posted:

Most of the time Compu-Toon slides off my eyes and brain like oil on a hot pan, but then I see one like this and just have to dwell on it.

What?

it's just a grown man hatefully poo poo-talking a child. Perfect strip, no notes.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Bongo Bill posted:

This is just a Something Positive strip.

yeah I generally like Milholland's "Popeye," even if it lacks in the madcap antics of the old stuff, but this one just isn't even trying to be anything but S*P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
Mutt and Jeff