Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

same, little guy. same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Sunk Dunk posted:

bonus: some of her favorite movies in 94 as seen in her fan newsletter

One of her favorite movies is Maverick? I think I’m in love

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

stephenthinkpad posted:

I kind of want to send in a Monique G tape. Better money spent than paying for behind the scene video on Patreon. What is the best MonG movie hasn't been covered by RLM?

She was in three "high school guys try to lose their virginity" genre of movies, send these. I mean, technically Bachelor Party also counts, but it's a real movie.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089304/?ref_=ttls_li_tt
Hot Moves
R
1h 25m
Comedy
Four Venice Beach boys make a pact to lose their virginity before beginning their senior year of high school.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088800/?ref_=ttls_li_tt
The Big Bet
R
1h 30m
Comedy
Romance
A 17-year-old high school student who's obsessed with sex tries to seduce both his beautiful older neighbor and the shy new girl in school over a bet, only to end up falling in love.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104879/?ref_=ttls_li_tt
Miracle Beach
R
1h 28m
Comedy
Romance
A down-on-his luck beach bum asks a cute female genie to help him seduce the woman of his dreams only to realize that he might be looking in the wrong place.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Was it really that hard to get laid in the 80s, that there are, like, a thousand movies about guys forming pacts and asking genies for sex? If anything, I feel like it might have been easier

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Miracle Beach is crazy, because there’s two cuts - a boner comedy R-rated cut starring Dean Cameron (who did a bunch of boner comedies at the time and was in the Always Sunny episode where they go to a ski resort expecting a boner comedy experience), and then there’s a PG cut that focuses more on the genie played by Ami Dolenz (The Monkees Mickey Dolenz’s daughter) that’s supposed to be, like, a romantic movie for teenage girls maybe?

And either HBO or Showtime would run the PG version during the day and then the R-rated version at night.

Just a very weird experiment in trying to make one movie appeal to two completely different audiences. :shrug:

Now that’s what I call efficiency!!

Weirdly enough, the music industry rediscovered this a few years ago. They take a song, say, it’s a modern tweeter pop song. You can play it on top40 stations. Now hire Snoop to come in and spit a few verses, you can use those to get rotation on more stations. The singer used to be a country/Christian artist, so you cut those verses and maybe dial back the beat to get rotation on those stations, too.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Back to the Future 2 was the best one by far. The wacky future was hilarious and interesting, then you get the dark Trump-tower present, which is great, and then you get him interacting with himself in the past, which is so interesting I'm shocked they didn't use it again. It's great.

BttF3 is the boring one. It's entirely set in the old west! Come on, show me some Dinos or something! It's the third movie and they didn't blow it out Bill and Ted style? Awful.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

I just realized that Biff betting flawlessly on like a dozen sports games in a row would have had some kind of butterfly effect and probably changed the winner of later games somehow. I scrap of paper that said “buy Bitcoin and sell in 2020” would have been better.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

billymumphrey posted:

Shirley the almanac would change, just like the photo of the family, doc's tombstone, other newspapers do as they're 'correcting' the timeline...

Mind blown. Someone gotta get a YouTube video out with this theory

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

I’d like to get a sense of how common this sentiment is: Even as a kid I was bored to death by those live action Disney movies. They’re dire. Just awful, so boring with cheesy special effects and unbelievably bad jokes. No redeeming features.

But I’ve met a lot of people who loved them as kids, and had a lot of fond memories. Are they decent kids movies, or was I just a cold hearted child

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

NorgLyle posted:

There are some really excellent parts of Godfather 2 but it is overstuffed and the good parts are actually largely incidental to the 'plot'.

The part where young Vito ices that dude at the feast of San Genaro is the best part of both movies. But GF1 is the better movie

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Jay's views on the Korean War are controversial, to say the least, but I appreciate how Truth Social doesn't censor any viewpoint

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Did you make that joke prior to 1930, because I’m afraid it may have just entered public domain

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

colonelwest posted:

Yeah it’s got to be an ego thing for most of them, they just can’t stand to go quietly into retirement. It’s especially weird with Harrison Ford, since he seems to absolutely hate Hollywood and every movie he’s in now.

Never knew i had so much in common with him

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

colonelwest posted:

Harrison Ford will literally die on the set of some lovely Marvel movie.

It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks and become one with all the slop.

-- Chairman Kathleen Kennedy,
"Ethics for Tomorrow"

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

lmfao
this show SUUUUCKS

It was the awful cringey dialogue that got me more than the dumb monster

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Sir Lemming posted:

Did I do this right

You perfectly recreated that left/right, authoritarianism/libertarianism internet chart

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

DangerDummy! posted:

Looking for some decent movies with Robert Forster. I saw El Camino and Jackie Brown recently, and he really captured my attention in those. I watched Wolf of Snow Hollow with my wife last night, and he was not very good in it. Kinda no one is, but it's a weird rear end movie and it makes some really bizarre character choices.

Vigilante, Mulholland Drive

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Beastie posted:

They're also heavily pushing their Shorts feature. I've opened the app and its opened straight to an already playing short, not the home screen. It was obnoxious

They’re awful and they’ve all been short alpha males selling self help to high schoolers after whatever the thing you wanted to watch was

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Sunk Dunk posted:

thinking about doing 0 work today

What’s it like being in both Star Wars AND Indiana Jones

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Hackers film 1995 posted:

lol ive never even heard of tru calling. like galifinakis and of course liked dushku in the 2000s. no idea what she is up to now

Something something joss Whedon casting couch

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Hackers film 1995 posted:

hmmm. i wonder what jessica alba is up to these days…

Still would

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

QoP, I fear you have just opened yourself up to an internet fine tooth comb across your tastes.

I actually really respect the ratings you gave theee movies. No extra stars for established reputations, pure hatred for unearned bombast or pretentious. Might not agree with everything but I can see exactly how you got there. One star for Ferris bueller? Respect.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Sunk Dunk posted:

I’m a very harsh critic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lax_QeOS5hg

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

(Surprised) "They're gay now!"
(Incredulous) "They're gay now?"
(Resigned) "They're gay now."

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

They barely won their litigation when they got sued for ripping off King Kong, not sure they want to poke the beast more

But real answer is that they just now made a Mario movie. Japanese companies move slowly

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

That wasn’t a Mario movie, that was a masterpiece

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

That’s why Mario couldn’t show emotion and had to make clear that his name was Mario Mario

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

There was, it was just called Wreck-It Ralph.

Wow, yeah, full circle there

But in case you thought I was joking, there really was a lawsuit where Nintendo got sued for Donkey Kong. Their lawyer did such a good job they named a game character out of him.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

No Mods No Masters posted:

The thing is though, there were some parts in star wars 8 that didn't make much sense

:eyepop:

Pretty bold claim, duder. Never heard anything like this before. Gonna need you to debate this by posting your thoughts in excruciating detail

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Weird to name your dick “one polish person”

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

That DICK! posted:

i aint seen the first two pines

Marty knocked it over with the car

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Lol Mike believes in ghosts and subscribes to Twitter blue

He m ight be the most gullible man in Wisconsin

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Jerry Seinfeld did everything he could to ruin Bobcat Goldthwait’s career for mentioning the girlfriend once

“What’s the DEAL with people who have a problem with THIS little number?”

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Sunk Dunk posted:

i wish i was more attractive like dagless

Then your new hobby should really be working out and making healthy meals

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

LanceHunter posted:

I think part of the issue is that after the 90s, the culture was 100% tapped out on the kind of "alien encounter" thing that was a big part of ET's DNA. The X-Files had really driven the whole thing into the ground, and Johnny Carson* had finally retired and was no longer giving alien abductees (and psychics, and other new age kooks) a chance to appear in the majority of American homes every night.

*Looking back, I think somebody needs to do a deep dive into just how much Carson kinda hosed with American culture by virtue of being so popular and being really fond of giving a platform to really lovely people.

Just look at the Joe Rohan podcast today

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Those orcs were just tourists seeing the sights in Minas Tirith

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The hierarchy of power in the DV universe has changed

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

*cameraphone video of the rock sitting in a truck with wraparound sunglasses*

“Ok guys I’ve had JUST ABOUT ENOUGH of hearing Lebron’s opinions on the hierarchy of power in the DC universe!!”

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Murdstone posted:

Have you heard the good news about Black Adam?

I keep hearing about how he's shaking up the power level of the DC universe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

There are a lot of terrible actors out there, it’s true. Still, acting isn’t that hard. Being an actor, though, is incredibly difficult and soul crushing