Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Very cool thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

reignofevil posted:

I think we should talk about Jenny instead.

I forgot to finish watching her Evermore Park review. Thanks for the reminder.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Maybe this can be the year where Star Wars chat doesn't happen

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I shouldn't laugh at that but lol :gbsmith:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

X JAKK posted:

Herbie Goes Bananas

A horrible waste of talented character actors. How did Disney survive their dark age?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Give me a nostalgia movie for the 2000s that goatses the audience for like a minute.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Coxswain Balls posted:

Jay talking to Rich after seeing The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly for the first time was good because Jay had a lot of interesting things to say about it with his fresh viewpoint. I have a feeling all these other channels... don't.

First learning about these fake reaction videos through a coked out insomniac Gus Johnson was pretty good though. I like the people who pretend they don't know how to pronounce "Queen".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEG_h2xB3g0

If you're going to film a fake Queen reaction video, do it for Fat Bottomed Girls.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Randarkman posted:

I don't mind Queen in general, I even like them. But overexposure at bad afterparties has really killed Bohemian Rhapsody for me.

It's a gimmick song. Sounds neat at first but then you get sick of it, but unfortunately you have to keep on hearing it whenever someone who isn't tired of it decides to play it. Still not as bad as Journey's discography.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

bitterandtwisted posted:

no movie has ever worked its title into the dialogue better than BTTF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiqPmsBYieA

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Endless Flash!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I thought it was a new Spider-Man movie at first, the logo is so generic.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

kalel posted:

the reason why cabin in the woods ends with the end of the world is because the world of the movie is a metaphor for the modern (at the time) horror movie landscape. the end of the world in that context signifies an end to the conventions of horror that had been stale for decades. it's not an entirely subtle metaphor but there's at least a reason for it. Alan Moore meanwhile is a misanthropic radical anarchist grandpa, there's nothing to read into the end of his comics beyond "all systems of human organization are inherently evil and must be destroyed"

I thought Cabin was too far up its own rear end because of that. Tucker and Dale was a better deconstruction of the genre.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

1.5 stars for Heavy Metal? :fuckoff:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Justin Credible posted:

ET had a budget of 10.5 million with a worldwide gross of 739-ish million. that's a return of about 75 million for every million they invested, so cumulatively that animatronic's return is in the 115-ish million, not counting for inflation. Or around.. 765%-ish, not counting for inflation?

Nukie is better than ET though.

Watched ET a few years ago and was surprised at how little actually happened in the movie. This is supposed to be a classic?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Mac and Me might be an utter pile of dogshit but at least it goes places.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Cubone posted:

specifically talked about the lack of cultural fervor/retreading/reevaluation it's seen

It got referenced in cartoons all the time back when gen xers were in charge of that.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Sunk Dunk killed Black Adam

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Paul Rudd is like if Ryan Reynolds was actually likeable

Need a special guest episode of Re:View where Paul and Conan discuss Mac & Me.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

LanceHunter posted:

I challenge you to go to see any play put on by a local theatre group in your city and then tell me if you still believe this. There is so much terrible (terrible) acting out there that we are (gracefully) spared in our everyday lives.

Or just watch movies with us on Fridays. So many bad actors.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

billymumphrey posted:

You may appreciate these shorts then. Anyone who's spent any time in Aussie suburbia would relate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i2eZaJsC7g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmL72sgVdAQ

Fuckin' yabbies!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Scooby dooby doon't watch Velma

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

hemale in pain posted:

Nostalgic 2000's stuff is inevitable but i have zero idea what it'll be. ipods i guess?

Not to get gloomy but the near future is gonna suck balls due to wars/climate change/pandemics, so i feel like nostalgia is gonna remember 2000s-2010's extremely fondly.

I remember hearing the ipod nano was popular again a couple years ago as a fashion accessory.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

I watched a few minutes, and it was just all the characters screaming at each other for no reason nonstop.

I thought maybe it was just the first scene, which is a fight in the showers between high schoolers, but then Velma gets arrested and screeches a bunch at the cops who come to interview her, and I turned it off.

Ah, the Justin Roiland school of writing.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

kalel posted:

can we get rid of in media res too while we're at it

Anyone who wants to do one should stop and ask themselves if they have even a fraction of Scorsese's storytelling talent. It's true for a lot of filmmaking techniques, just don't do it unless you're the kind of director with the skill and dedication to get it right.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Didn't think they'd ever ruin that joke. Between this and Velma we've reached the bottom of the barrel for nostalgic sequels and reboots, right?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

colonelwest posted:

Margin Call is good, it’s a pretty nice synopsis of what led to the 2008 crash. Jeremy Irons plays a great corpo scumbag.

I agree, it's a pretty good movie and Irons' performance made it great.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tiktok is garbage and youtube shorts are garbage because they're mostly just reposts from tiktok.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

KakerMix posted:

I very much dislike google insisting shoving shorts in front of my face gently caress you google I am here for long form only gently caress off

I wouldn't mind them so much if they were actually good and not just the same bland poo poo over and over.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Andy Dick got arrested again. https://ca.news.yahoo.com/andy-dick-arrested-charged-public-224436086.html

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Andy's probably safer behind bars than he is out in the world.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

lol

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ant Man and The Wasp: Wormania

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Cubone posted:

lmfao why are we talking about poppers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q78-6E7Y8jo

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Paul, we need a song like Paperback Writer only much, much, much worse and without any rhythm.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

TheSwizzler posted:

i don't trust anyone with their own island

Did Insane Clown Posse ever get their own island?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Jay is a "subs not dubs" guy.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

X JAKK posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eqxHsL7Y3g
At no point in the film do the gingerdead man and evil bong actually battle each other in any way

The Evil Bong was also worthless in Evil Bong 3, might as well have not been in it at all.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Nigmaetcetera posted:

A Razzy is a legitimate award.

They've made some bad calls (like that one) but they still have a better track record than the Academy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I don't get the hype for the black and white version of Fury Road. B&W makes sense if a film is set in days where color film or color television was still a rarity but not in a postapoc setting.