Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

https://twitter.com/JayBauman1/status/1609250950996279298

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Renner Run-Over in Reno, Reportedly Recuperating

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

There’s another Ghostbusters coming?

Edit: ughh yes

quote:

After the events in Oklahoma, the Ghostbusters team returns to where it all started; New York City! The Spengler family story continues with a new group of Ghostbusters led by Winston Zeddemore (Ernie Hudson) and Ray Stantz (Dan Aykroyd).

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jan 4, 2023

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

No chin no win

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Simpsons and Married with Children were like the most controversial lineup.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Have you heard the good news about Black Adam?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

colonelwest posted:

Actually I think the nepotism is much worse in the writing/show running fields, and is one of the main reasons behind the deluge of terrible adaptations/franchise revivals we’re all drowning in.
I just remembered there’s a sequel to Ghostbusters Afterlife coming this year. Don’t know why that popped into my head. Oh well. Carry on.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Warner Bros Discovery does it again!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Endless Trash posted:

That plot synopsis is not from the production or Mindy Kaling but rather a negative review of the show
This is a subject of much conversation

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

priznat posted:

They shoulda gotten the musical artist Shaggy to voice Shaggy, problem solved
Yea I agree they really missed their chance on this one.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Isadora Duncan was strangled when the really long scarf she was wearing got caught in the wheels of a car she was in.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

The guy from High School Bigshot of MST fame drove off a cliff.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I saw Fury Road.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

PostNouveau posted:

What's this now?
He was doing a lot of coke and lost it for a bit there.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Woodoo hide

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Release Batgirl

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Glistened too close to the sun

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

The woman who played Cary Grant’s mother in the movie was eight years older than him.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Your Gay Uncle posted:

My guy check out Sam Peckinpah's Killer Elite. It's got Robert Duval and Scott Caan's dad .
He’s James Caan, come on!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

There’s probably professional improv people that are real good, but most local amateur groups are basically about as good as open mic comedy nights, which is not very.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I can't take it anymore. I did improv once. Took a class and everything. We did a show for family and friends. I'm so ashamed.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Mozi posted:

no this is a bank and i'm here to make a deposit
I have full-blown AIDS

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Andro Dunos posted:

I'm so glad I bailed on Picard after a couple of episodes in season 1. Pure trash. For some reason I watched all of the first season of Discovery, though. I can never live that down.

What happened to Patrick Stewart? He used to be a respectable Shakespearian actor. He had big roles in other franchises besides Star Trek, like X-Men, so it's not like he was pigeonholed into Trek like a lot of other people. This is the junk he wants to do at the end of his career?
Arguably, he sold out long ago when he signed on to do TNG. When was his last respectable ‘Shakespearean’ role anyways?

I love the guy but it shouldn’t be a surprise he’s doing this.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

He also played Poop in the Emoji Movie.

Edit: he’s a very good and talented actor but I don’t think he’s ever taken himself or that too seriously, which is probably the right way to do it.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Feb 18, 2023

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Gutcruncher posted:

There’s that movie where people are actually cockroaches I remembered liking as a kid

Unlike Beetlejuice though, I doubt that movie is still good
Meet the Applegate's?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxnEX3PfYow

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Lister posted:

Articles about the VFX struggle have been posted here before. I have to think it's more that the timeline and volume of poo poo they're putting on the effects houses is just too much for them to handle. So it's less "why throw more money at making it better when this is good enough?" and more "why delay the film six months when this is good enough?"
Didn't they actually change some vfx for the last Thor movie between theaters and streaming?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Marvel movies will probably get a good boost when they bring in X-Men characters.

Right now though it's hard to follow the decade-long storyline that led to Endgame in which they killed the main characters most people cared about.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

super sweet best pal posted:

The old comic book industry knew how to push unpopular characters to get the most out of them and now Disney came along and, after getting lucky with GotG and Black Panther, threw out that conventional wisdom because they thought people would just consume any poo poo with the Marvel brand.
They weren’t exactly wrong.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

WoodrowSkillson posted:

i was forced to watch boondock saints so many loving times in college, i bet i can still quote most of it.
Where’s he goin? NOWHERE

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

As a filmmaker, the one thing you do not want to do is actually watch your movie after editing to check for problems like that so you can fix them before release.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Quantum of Phallus posted:

sounds like a boring show
What if we add nudity?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

stephenthinkpad posted:

Looking forward to the teenager rebellion phase of Baby Yoda in Mando S8. Don't at me with his correct name nerds.
It's 'Goku.'

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

PostNouveau posted:

I'm always happy to see muppets instead of CGI in Star Wars, but it wasn't doing much for me this time. The cavemen dudes were very Tuskan Raider, just attacking with no clear purpose. The cyborg thing seemed like an OK idea, but didn't get a ton of screentime.
Was there any Babu Frick though?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Jose Oquendo posted:

Instead we got....poo poo I honestly can't remember most of that movie.
I remember that somehow Palpatine returned.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Gripweed posted:

Do you really think this is the most absurd Batman TV series?
It’s a series?

Edit: Lol it’s a series.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I want to see the Tetris movie.

I do not want to see the Air Jordan movie.

That's the main difference to me.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I like when JCVD knocks out the snake.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Gripweed posted:

Scorsese was 64 when he made The Departed
Is this supposed to contradict NMNM’s post?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Gripweed posted:

Yes, The Departed is a very good movie.
I would say it’s a good movie, but not a very good movie, and definitely not Scorsese’s prime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

LanceHunter posted:

Everyone is bending over backwards for counter-examples to the "creatively bankrupt at 60" rule, when all you have to do is remind everyone that George Miller was 70 when he dropped Mad Max Fury Road.
I yield.