Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frump truck

hello... again!

I don't like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

Twenty Four

Schweinhund posted:

lol

Shifty Nipples

Schweinhund posted:

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
its new years eve not new years steve

thanks Manifisto!

Chrs

I will NOT have a happy new year thank you very much

google THIS

If the new year is that much better why did they make the old year first? Makes u think

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
they should just keep the old year but progressively refine it, rather than throw it away and make a new one. The Year of Theseus

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Stoner Sloth

Dr. Honked posted:

they should just keep the old year but progressively refine it, rather than throw it away and make a new one. The Year of Theseus

<Lycomedes of Skyros makes ready to push Theseus off a cliff after he has alienated everyone in Athens>

T: "This was supposed to be The Year of Theseus!"

<Seinfeld theme plays>

Shifty Nipples

Chrs posted:

I will NOT have a happy new year thank you very much

:same:

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

frump truck

hello... again!

I don't remember making this thread but I stand by it

frump truck

hello... again!

Schweinhund posted:

lol

Escape From Noise

Could be worse. Could be Christmas.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Fredrik1

Gopherslayer
:rock:
*buries the fireworks in the garden*

Finger Prince

Dr. Honked posted:

January and February are too dark and cold, we should replace that with April. March is too unpredictable so we should replace that with May. Since we're already on to April and we've had two already, April can be May too. May might as well stay May. June can be June, and so can July. It's nice to have some hot weather so August can stay August, then we get in to September, then October can also be replaced by September. It's nice to have a little chill in the air toward the end of the year, but November weather is miserable so make it October, and might as well replace December with October while we're at it.

Escape From Noise

Finger Prince posted:

January and February are too dark and cold, we should replace that with April. March is too unpredictable so we should replace that with May. Since we're already on to April and we've had two already, April can be may too. May might as well stay May. June can be June, and so can July. It's nice to have some hot weather so August can stay August, then we get in to September, then October can also be replaced by September. It's nice to have a little chill in the air toward the end of the year, but November weather is miserable so make it October, and might as well replace December with October while we're at it.

This is literally a little plot in Pogo and one of my favorites where Howland Owl and Churchy La Femme try and come up with a new calendar. I can't find it online though.

Thank you Pot Smoke Pheonnix for this Kickin' Rad sig

Quadramind

Schweinhund posted:

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
happy 2021!

biosterous

google THIS posted:

If the new year is that much better why did they make the old year first? Makes u think

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

frump truck

hello... again!

Finger Prince posted:

January and February are too dark and cold, we should replace that with April. March is too unpredictable so we should replace that with May. Since we're already on to April and we've had two already, April can be May too. May might as well stay May. June can be June, and so can July. It's nice to have some hot weather so August can stay August, then we get in to September, then October can also be replaced by September. It's nice to have a little chill in the air toward the end of the year, but November weather is miserable so make it October, and might as well replace December with October while we're at it.

I approve of this

Radia

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Finger Prince posted:

counter argument: snow loving owns

Thank you Ohtori Akio for the incredible sig!! 😍

Finger Prince

Waifu Radia posted:

Snow is nice to visit.

Ass-penny

as long as we can still dance :slick:

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Waifu Radia posted:

I live on a mountain and snow can go gently caress itself

nut

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

mountain biology is fascinating

Stoner Sloth

live on a mountain, raised in a cave, snow loving itself is all that i crave

Shifty Nipples

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

i think that's an avalanche

Ass-penny

Stoner Sloth posted:

live on a mountain, raised in a cave, snow loving itself is all that i crave

is there a mountain in Australia or something where you can go see snow or do you only know of it from stories? or I suppose travel.

Stoner Sloth

rear end-penny posted:

is there a mountain in Australia or something where you can go see snow or do you only know of it from stories? or I suppose travel.

yes! there is high country in NSW and Victoria where it snows, and indeed a number of places to ski

perhaps more surprising, australia actually gets more snow on average than switzerland does... but during winter only

Ass-penny

I couldn't speak to their annual snowfall, only their compulsory military service, the fact they live completely surrounded by mountains, and their neutrality.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Finger Prince

Stoner Sloth posted:

yes! there is high country in NSW and Victoria where it snows, and indeed a number of places to ski

perhaps more surprising, australia actually gets more snow on average than switzerland does... but during winter only

But then again, Switzerland is like 2/3 the size of Tasmania, so not that surprising.

Stoner Sloth

Finger Prince posted:

But then again, Switzerland is like 2/3 the size of Tasmania, so not that surprising.

lol also a fair point. also tasmania gets a bit of snow too

it very occasionally snows up the hills here... like maybe a few times a decade? it's not much snow either

cruft

Stoner Sloth posted:

it very occasionally snows up the hills here...

I'm having trouble visualizing how it could snow up a hill, could you maybe diagram this for me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoner Sloth

cruft posted:

I'm having trouble visualizing how it could snow up a hill, could you maybe diagram this for me?

well obviously snow falls upwards in australia, it's because of the coriolis effect