Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

so what does everyone else's dad jerk off to let's get into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

here's another good 2 word post:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dabir posted:

Check out this fuckin iconoclast. You don't like thing as much as some other people do? That's so badass
gonna cry?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

congratulations on becoming literally the last person that is able to complain about that
https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-to-world-of-assassination/

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

everything in the deluxe pack is rear end anyway, including the h2 dlc. they made them on no budget and they're practically empty outside of the incredibly narrow scope of the mission stories. get it on sale maybe

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

is it? its not a rpg, its just a remake of a ps3 game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm happy to report that fire emblem engage is goty and you can just read books or watch movies for the rest of 2023 instead of trying to find a better video game
seems doubtful. overruled.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Khanstant posted:

wow the last level of Hitman 3 was a real wet fart. Super excited to be on a train at first, thinkin maybe some kinda snowpiercer deal but actually just some narrow halls to walk down and they don't care if you try to do anything sneaky or clever, you can kill everyone too. I hope they play Metal Gear Solid 5 sometime for some cool ideas for systems interaction and sneaking around tools and detection. Giving him batman vision was a weird choice, they also give you a minimap showing you stuff you can't see.

Are the older ones worth playing or are they just iterative steps to get to the formula they refined for the new Hitmans?
blood money is the only early hitman that rates, and the only one that is really recognizable compared to the new hitmans. the train level is probably more representative of the series as a whole, than any of the good parts, taking into consideration 1, 2, and absolution

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Khanstant posted:

started monster hunter rise, you have to turn on z-targeting youreselfve oh you can get a big ol bug on your arm this game likely owns no cant get it to work weird controls
you dont want lock on

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

same but opposite

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

generations is a good side game but I don't care for the hunter arts. mh4u, now thats the platonic ideal of a monster hunter

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ig has a bit of autoaim anyway but the extract zones are pretty forgivingly large for most monsters. head/rear end/body

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

pure psychos
aka ps5 owners

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Looked up the writing staff, is this what Uncharted dialog was?
exactly

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

wake me up when you become an adult and start playing daisenryaku vii exceed, instead

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

good joke but kinda weird to make a nier fakepost like a week later

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I looked up some Pathfinder character builds for Wrath of the Righteous, just to know if there's anything I should watch out for, and of course on the internet every protag is a dragon-blooded celestial lich monk sorcerer duelist. I get that people, or at least people who post about rpgs, get a lot of enjoyment out of playing as a nonsensical clown god, but it sucks for me, the lonely, indecisive gamer who likes the RP part of RPGs but also likes the G part enough to look up character builds on the internet...

I played as a guy with a horse, it was good

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Dean Takahashi never worked for Polygon. He wrote for Gamesbeat. He was the one who played the really bad Cuphead video people cite. It wasn't a review, it was footage from a Gamescom demo because he was in Germany covering it. He's not a reviewer, he's an industry reporter.

All this inaccurate information is lol. He honestly shouldn't be canceled for this clip, he should be canceled for his unrelenting caping for Activision, Quantic Dream, and Saudi Arabia
also his mass effect review

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

played, a lot of the roguelike mode they added to hitman today. it's the culmination of all the lovely side modes they keep adding to hitman that no one really likes, random targets on random maps with random challenges, except this one actually works because the randomness exists in a structure that allows you to anticipate and plan around their success and failure instead of being arbitrary and purely obstructive. organizing your contracts in a particular order so you can try to get your hands on a sniper rifle or whatever before the mission where they request a shooting, is probably as close to the Real Hitman Experience as a game about assassination can get

it is, fairly good and definitely the first unequivocally positive thing they've done to hitman 3 which otherwise is kinda eh

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Question 1: Are you done with playing Halo Infinite
[ ] very no [ ] no [ ] neutral [ ] yes [ ] very yes
Question 2: Did mom say its your sister's turn with the Xbox?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

drat that really sucks, crimesight actually owned. murder chess where one (or two) players are on the sherlock team and have to determine which character in the mansion is the murderer and who they're trying to kill, while the moriarty player has to discretely arrange for the murder to happen without making their plans too obvious. also sometimes with a fourth player that's ostensibly on the sherlock team but actually helping moriarty

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Evil Kit posted:

This basically. The Yogscast played it during the 2022 jingle jam and it looked pretty cool. I'm kinda surprised it's just getting shuttered tho, that feels real random. I guess it's an always online game???
yeah I got bad vibes when I bought it (less than a year ago I guess lmao), saw an eventual shutdown coming a mile away. it, aggressively lives on konami's servers for no good reason. I don't even think its cross play or anything

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

F.D. Signifier posted:

Sounds like a social deduction game like Among Us, perfect for a group of friend to play online, but a limit of 4 players does hurt it.

Reminder that Among Us languished in obscurity for 2 years before it found new life during the pandemic. Looks like Crimesight will never get that chance.
it isn't a social deduction game at all, except in the four player mode with the hidden traitor. none of the players are the murderer, and none of the half dozen or whatever characters belong to any one player in particular. they kind of just do their own thing unless one of the players secretly influences them to do something in particular, as sherlock you have to pay attention to the characters your side aren't influencing each turn and determine whether the things they do are random or deliberate and, if they are deliberate what the intention behind the move was. like for instance a character going off by themselves, was that NPC behavior, is moriarty trying to isolate the victim to make them weaker, or clearing witnesses, or just scattering people to throw you off the trail. if a character, makes a very deliberate move across the map towards someone that was alone, was that a kill attempt that went wrong because a witness walked into the room at the last minute? only time you know for sure that moriarty did something is if you both try to influence the same character, and only because moriarty's orders take priority so the person doesn't do the thing you asked them to, or if they do the one move that only moriarty can do that immediately reveals the murderer

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

that's me. hello.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Every day is ff7 day.
hmm. says here ff7 day is today actually

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Barudak posted:

Apparently Embracer group sold Tomb Raider to Amazon for 600 million USD which means Embracer group made 300 million dollars to acquire crystal dynamics + deus ex
throwing tomb raider in the garbage is the smartest thing squares ever done, hope this ruins everyone involved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

make every credits roll a minigame where you shoot the words and letters