Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

my 2023 so far:

1. monster hunter world
2. xivsim.com, which is a browser simulator for savage raid mechanics in FF14 and what our raid night was spent in instead of the actual video game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

so i didn't spend anything on path of exile this league but i did just drop $200 on a funny box with buttons on it

https://twitter.com/junkfoodarcades/status/1610702225331961866?s=20

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

now i will say this: cheaterbox

i already play on keyboard, basically cheating the whole time (but the keys are really hard to press and make my hands tense up too much)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

that dog is faking being injured. those dogs are bait for an ambush. the dogs are in on it.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i play solo as much as i can in any MMO, because i love the feeling of being self-sufficient, and i also like the feeling of showing off what i have earned via said self-sufficiency to other random people in town

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i missed the goty thread party because i was playing monster hunter world for the last 12-13 hours or so

i'm gonna go ahead and add it to my 2023 list. see you in december

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

one of the best games of all time. in late december i got dragged back in by a friend who picked it up for the first time, so i will def be crossing the 800 hour mark in 2023.

yep i gifted mhw+ib to one of my friends for christmas. i just passed 1400 hours

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

rest in peace precious kitty :(

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Muscle Tracer posted:

I am playing God of War (2018). It is extremely good. It's got me thinking, who is the best videogame son/daughter? The only other game I can think of off the top of my head where the protagonist has a kid is Fallout 4, which is, alas, not in the running for Best Son.

technically every character is a son or daughter or other of someone

now if we're talking worst i have to award both Heihachi and Kazuya Mishima for being simultaneously the worst sons and the worst fathers

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Muscle Tracer posted:

yeah but my point is, when is THE PROTAGONIST'S child (or parent for that matter) involved. like, your example is interesting exactly because of the family dynamic.

my problem is i can't fuckin think of any

i dont play dad games or semi-dad games and i don't know of any mom games

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

cooking mama is a mom game

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

Does she have children?

while i would say that the "mama" implies the answer yes, in fact i have absolutely no idea

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i own a switch, i bought it so i could play Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (great game) and Breath of the Wild (huge disappointment)

luckily more games came out on it like MH Rise (also a disappointment) and Animal Crossing (pretty good) and Pokemon Snap (great)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i always have been and always will be a PC gamer first

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Dabir posted:

where's that elden ring screenshot that had all the ubi ui slapped over it

edit: hold on i found a better one

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm sure fak is totally fine

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

lost ark handed out vac bans to players who hadn't played the game in almost a year

https://gamerant.com/lost-ark-ban-inactivity-why-review-bomb/

i haven't gotten one yet.....

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

unfortunately i hate negan because he is insufferably smug and whenever i lose to him i am always made to watch his entire stupid outro which is way too loving long

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

on an unrelated note i booted Smite back up again (cause SWC is this weekend, and that's fun to watch) and hoo boy there's a lot of stuff. too much stuff, if you ask me

but i'm having a good time with JOOOOORMANGANDR in the arena mode, he's a big ol wormy boy and i'm pretty bad but who cares i get to be a big ol wormy boy and spit goop everywhere

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

verbal enema posted:

try cthulu he's my fav

i tried cthulhu briefly in practice mode but i dont really understand his kit

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Just settle it like real gamers

No items
Foxes only
Final Destination

can i play piranha plant instead

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

exquisite tea posted:

All of western society were basically lead-poisoned degenerates until about 1970.

yeah that didn't stop in 70

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i don't do tattoos i just put video game stickers on the back windshield of my car

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

guys i dunno if yall have heard of this game called Pentiment it's pretty good

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Not sure I watched a movie last year

same i am trying to remember what i watched at all

i think i went to see Sonic 2 in theaters, after watching sonic 1 at home. was that last year? time has no meaning

i believe i watched The Sea Beast on netflix. that was good.

Dune? was dune in 2022? that was very good

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Looper posted:

help i'm starting to find things to like about balan wonderworld :negative:

like what???

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i really can't get over the font choices in forspoken

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm glad my andreas is a cool guy that knows about medicine, nature, and occultism and not any of that nerd poo poo

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

yeah nier is one of those games where you see credits but the game keeps going. and then you'll see credits like 3 more times

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i tried to convey that the game literally just keeps going but i guess i failed :(

monster hunter does the same thing, you get credits rolling after beating low rank but there's still like, the whole rest of the game left

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

my experience in elden ring was picking the bandit starting class, wanting to put points into str and faith to use some cool weapons i found (and failing), and then having an exceedingly bad time until my friends helped me beat renala so i could finally respec and get some vigor.

the middle of the game was okay. the end of the game was very meh. and that's my elden ring story

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm finally getting around to playing the big pokemon game everyone's been talking about

that's right, pokemon snap

:haibrow:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i've just finished Pentiment. it is 3:42 am, and i have spent the last hour crying. 100/10

edit: i am gonna have to look up what the word pentiment actually means though

edit edit: gently caress that's good

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Jan 19, 2023

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i have been a fan of glaives ever since i was introduced to Sailor Saturn in my impressionable teen years

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i love my new tiny rainbow bee. happy new year everyone

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i like the ones that go "pop"

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PWNzEC5lLE

i should play a yakuza sometime

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i would like to announce that this song has been stuck in my head since you posted this, probably cause i keep playing it on loop

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

get ye flask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

wuggles posted:

My first finished game of the year is Pentiment. Beautiful game. Nothing like it. Made me interested in 16th century history which I didn't think was possible (sorry 1500s heads).

i definitely know what my palico's name will be in the next monster hunter game