Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Where does Armored Core fall on the scale of real robots and super robots, are they closer to something like front mission or more like zone of the enders?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Gonna be honest. Big robots? They do nothing for me

What about tiny, chibi ones?

Hwurmp posted:

small robots imho

Yooo that's one of my fave films when I was a kid. Used to watch Batteries Not Included all the time. Such a great film. I should rewatch it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

"We bring good things to life" :shobon:

I like how Carlos tried real hard to turn things around. I want to believe after the movie that he would have become more friendly around the place. Not perfect, but a miracle enough to give everyone a second chance.

There should have been video games aping that movie's premise and aesthetic

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

I felt so bad when Faye realized he wasn't Bobby :smith:

But that movie is just a warm hug, and the ending is just wonderful. Haven't thought of it for years, but it was just delightful.

I remember showing the movie to my fiancee and at the first sign of Faye's dementia she says to me "wait, this was one of your favorite movies?" lol

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

"Oh just wait, there's a stillborn birth coming up later!"

"Batteries not included"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Wow what a horrible thing to name your ebook

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

My first anticipated release of 2023 is this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpEygD9EPXQ
They gave Jack a gun

Lol outta the corner of my eye I thought the moogle was baring their teeth and super mad but nope that's just the shoulder armor

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jan 2, 2023

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is the anchor weapon in Elden Ring fun to play with?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I had the strange sensation that I was being watched, kept feeling like something was looking at me in my peripheral vision.

Turns out I was being watched. By me. My left eye was partially reflecting back at me in my glasses. It was like someone had overlaid my vision with an almosy gossamer image of an eye gazing back at me.

Turn my glasses on?????

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/7dHAIgl.mp4

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Ever since learning last month that we could have had a metroid xcom-inspired spinoff I've been yearning for what could have been

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

I would like to know more

37 seconds into this vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ8xa4drduQ&t=37s

Metroid Tactics, a Retro Studios game aimed at the wii. It was pitched as a prequel to the entire series about Samus first starting her bounty hunting gig by teaming up with the federation and other bounty hunters to fight off space pirates. The player would be handling grid-based combat using their loadout of soldiers and bounty hunters and managing their base by recruiting/outfitting generic soldiers and unique bounty hunters as well as selling off any space pirate loot from battles. You would have played as Galactic Federation Commander Justin Bailey.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is this the year we get Unlimited SaGa Remastered

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

I think this is suppose to be a sandbox survival/crafting game in the Star Wars universe. There was a rumor about it a few years ago.

So a mix of Minecraft and Star Wars

StarCraft

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Arzaac posted:

:sickos:

Maybe they can remaster the game to be actually good

Based on everything I've read and watched, I'm not sure what kinds of changes they could even make that wouldn't involve tearing down entire systems and mechanics and rebuilding them.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Barudak posted:

Its the best Deus Ex game since Deus Ex: Go

poo poo, I didn't know there was a Deus Ex Go game.

There should have been more Eidos Go titles. Just picture it. Thief Go. Blood Gomen. GexGo.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

I gotta be honest, I don't actually know what a "Go" game is?

Some mobile games that got pc ports, except Deus Ex Go apparently.

They're little puzzle games designed to look like you're moving board game pieces around. They try to adapt the gameplay of a particular game by reducing it to a simple movement puzzle comparable to sokoban-likes.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

I think just about every Lego game is real cheap on the Steam sale rn.

Looking for some really basic, stress-free games so this sounds right up my alley. What's good here?

Any Lego Batman & Lego Marvel game should have enough going on to keep you occupied without getting stressed out.

Lego City Undercover is a game I've heard is pretty good and is the closest thing to a Lego GTA.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

bone emulator posted:

Now, I finally realize what that weird wizard mmo someone posted about reminded me of

Hmm yeah I can see it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Cats are one of the most anti-union animals

What the

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Cats are one of the most anti-union animals

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It isn't the fault of pro-union cats that idiot political cartoonists known for regularly screwing up analogies and metaphors have all agreed to draw a collective fursona representing a collective class of the super rich rather than choosing to instead depict them as what they truly are.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Sorry, they just seem like cool cats and I'm sad I could never meet them!

You aren't alone in those thoughts especially when getting into stories that specifically have tragic endings such as Felicette, Mrs. Chippy, or more recently Bob the street cat, but it's also not the common majority thought response so I just avoid mentioning that intrusive thought since I don't want to unintentionally bring people down, especially over something I know is because of my own mental hangups.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bob rules he's so gay and just owns it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

If you had to physically beat up a video game, which one would you beat up and why

River City Ransom. I could use some spare coins.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Shinjobi posted:

I'm just thinking The Raid: Redemption but with motorcycles

I would like to see this movie.

What if instead it was Torque 2

Torque is so good

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Just want to let everyone know I just launched Hoverkitty in Hoververse.

If I stop posting 9 days from now, assume the worst. I pray my death is swift.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jan 5, 2023

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Torque has barely anything to do with motorcycles.

Am I missing a joke or are you thinking of something else?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Feels Villeneuve posted:

is there a source for that which isnt "wololo dot net"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

In that case, I have absolutely NO idea what the story of the first Resident Evil is!

Pharmaceutical company uses own employees as lab rats to test out the viability of their new virus as a means of viral warfare.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah but what happens in the 1st Resident Evil game?

After the testing, they sent in 2 trained military response teams to get combat data on their giant zombie spiders, giant zombie plants, giant zombie sharks, giant zombie snakes, regularly sized zombie dogs, regularly sized zombie humans, genetically engineered reptilian-human monsters, and giant strong & hardy & smartish zombie humans

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Hang on a second, how big was this residence!?!

1 giant mansion with a couple side houses/storage sheds, built on a cave system and incorporating numerous secret laboratories built to house different specimens for research and development purposes.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's kind of impressive how bad his art has gotten. Started off bad, eventually became good, and now it's just this sad mess.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/pXlIY4v.mp4

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJYvCHm3Ov4

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Yeah I don't understand how his art somehow evolved into it being worse.

Is there a term for the artistic equivalent of carcinisation?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Rinkles posted:

FUEL has one of the better GPS arrow overlay things I've seen. Looks especially nice in motion.

The best one is in King's Field/2 JP where the compass is a ball that rotates and has N E S W written on it. It's the best because every time you go eastward the orb looks like it says "SEX" and it makes me chuckle.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

a.lo posted:

I was watching snippets of Ian Flynn's podcast, specifically stuff about Chaos and the Ancients, and yeah he outright confirms that Chaos IS still a mutated Chao, not the last Ancient, and their appearance and abilities are a result of their mutations. The ability to transform with the Emeralds wasn't something the Ancients themselves could do, Chaos' ability to use the Emeralds is part of their unique mutation.

Hmmmm... So the Ancients, with just the Chaos Emeralds, could only use them through their technology. Even though these Emeralds are (maybe) native to their own planet. They lacked the ability to channel the Emeralds' power with their own bodies.

But then, they move to Sonic's planet, and a group of them live next to the Master Emerald. And then, after tens of thousands of years, they evolve into a new species that can naturally use the Emeralds' power to an extent, as seen with the Chao being able to use Chaos Drives. And one unique individual amongst them can fully harness the power of the Emeralds, due to their Master-Emerald-induced mutations.

Weren't there multiple ancient civilizations that messed with chaos energy poo poo, like the ones Gerald studied that developed early robots like Emerl to harness their power?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Vermain posted:

a reminder that AGDQ 2023 starts today, though it is regrettably once more online only. sucks, but the terrible economic situation would probably make an in-person thing impractical even if there weren't an ongoing global pandemic as it is

Plus it was originally planned to be held in person in Florida and Florida politics poo poo wasn't sitting well with them so they made the right decision to move it to online and break off the deal with the Florida venue.