Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Like 20 rooms and one bathroom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Where does catdog fit in all this?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I haven't played a single game yet this year, feels good man

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Hang in there Rome

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I see people coming out to support Gamepass, but you don't see the level of brand loyalty to Microsoft as a company that you see in Sony fans or worse Nintendo fans. The only real way to be is to have no loyalty and go where the games are, which is nowhere right now

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The biggest games related concept I'm a fan of is Bink Video, god everytime you see that logo you know you were in for something special

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

New Hitman is a great series let down by the Kafkaesque nightmare that is trying to find out how to buy it

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

CGI is such a goddamn disaster.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's no Outlaw Star that's for sure

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If your mecha is just Human but bigger then the creators have totally failed creatively. Mecha offers all the freedom in the world to create and design unique and interesting encounters and battles. Combiners, transformers, coopiloted units, stealth units, BioMechanical, Magical, Remote Weaponry, Drones, Putting your robot inside a giant wheel to revive the ancient tradition of driving.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

TAR is the only film I walked out of knowing I watched an outright classic. Top Gun of course was Tom Cruise saving cinema, so that's good. Armageddon Time was also surprisingly not as bad as I thought it was going to be, granted I thought the trailers looked terrible so it didn't have much to fight against. Seeing people try and push the Fabelmens just feels sad, it ain't that good. Elvis getting talk makes me feel like I slipped into a parallel reality governed only by insanity and hysterics. That film's got the depth of a puddle and the worst performance Hanks has put out since Terminal. EO has some incredibly sick drone shots and creative camera work in service of an absolute mess of a plot. Medieval is a movie that apparently only I saw, but it was pretty sick, not the best I saw last year though. Bones and All is one of the few movies that I think should've surfaced it's anti Regan criticism more, and the director should've reigned in Rylance in more too, he's just making choices too big for the tale being told. Babylon is Boogie Nights if you shift the subject matter back a couple decades, and lose a lot of the cohesion and impact, but a substandard Boogie Nights is still a better movie than most that come out nowadays. It also has the most disgusting and horrific sequence I've ever seen in theatres, truly repellent. Juxtaposing Bergman's Persona with Camerons Avatar bullshit seeing poo poo like that could shake a man to his core.

So my list is like
5.Moonage Daydream
4.Northman
3.Babylon
2.Top Gun Maverick
1.TAR

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Death on the Nile was the worst movie I saw last year, See how they run and Knives Out show that mystery movies still work, how Kenneth Branagh is allowed to still commit crimes against the Christie corpus is beyond me.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I hope by next year I'll never have to hear about EEAAO again.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

It's a good movie, I enjoyed it

It's fine.

Infinitum posted:

re: Movie chat. Dad asked me to come pick up some stuff over the weekend, so I decided to hang up the poster for the greatest movie of all time

Sick, the only poster I got is the Polish poster for The Conformist. Found the lad out in a thrift shop and had to pick it up for I saw the thing. Great movie, great poster, insane cinematography.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jean-louis Trintignant is one of my favorite actors, I hadn't really considered it before, but he's perfectly cast in My Night at Mauds the first film I saw him in. He's got this hardheaded bluster covering up a deep seated insecurity in himself, and then Conformist draws even more on that in combination with all the architecture of the EUR and the odd camera angles to portray a man deeply uncomfortable existing inside of his own skin. Like some fetid creature is lurking underneath and could be exposed at any moment, he must exist in a constant sense of unease and paranoia. It's really the Italian equivalent of American Psycho I suppose, all the same insecurity and emptiness expressed in different vectors.
He's also really good in trans-europa express and Three Colors Red. And I just started Rendez Vous before I realized I'd have to quite before I went to sleep, and he's already doing work in that.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Dahir Insaatworld is the world I wish to live in. Everyday we should strive to make the world harder, more inconvenient,obtuse, stranger, and less possible to live in.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Anyone have the pentiment "decimate" jpg handy?

in Triangle Strat every battle so far has been "Decimate the enemy forces" but what they REALLY mean is "destroy". Such a bad game

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/the-original-definition-of-decimate

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

They hosed over my guys at the Hitman studio

Did they gently caress them over, or did they give them a chance at an amazing comeback story? Think on that

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

I'm not really a postgame content kinda guy. People hyped up the side missions too but aside from the stamps one at the amusement park none of the others I did had much going on.

I tried fishing a couple times. Couldn't figure it out.

The E stands for excellent, you did a great job!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Wait, so there isn't more after the credits, beating it once just unlocks other routes?

Why the gently caress didn't you people just say that instead of being weirdly cryptic for no reason?

It's both technically

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

OK seriously why are you guys acting like the idea of playing through multiple routes of the same story to get the whole thing is like, some kind of secret new idea that must be guarded?

Goons have the most obtuse and counterintuitive thinking regarding spoilers possible. In general they feel a self appointed duty to try to keep their fellow posters in the dark so they may vicariously live through their experiences to reminisce of their own. But, their need to encourage people whom they feel will not be as taken with it as they were sometimes runs up against a real or perceived lack of interest. In this case they end up posting absolute nonsense and overly enigmatic "hints" of what is to come. This works almost never because the player has no goddamn clue what the gently caress they're on about.

I suppose this grows both from the desire to see their own experience replayed and out of the insane spoiler culture that had the site in a far harder grip earlier in time when some looney toons decided such things as previews and trailers could also be considered spoilers and swaths of threads came to resemble Top Secret documents rather than discussion

All this to say. Route 1 has you playing 2B, 2 has you replaying the same content but through the lens of 9S, and the other routes are continuations of the action of those two routes that expand the world and characters once you've come to a firm grasp of the principle participants.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

is not forspoken the game with the cringe core dialogue and fantasy setting, what is this judiciary set up doing in it?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Vermain posted:

hey gamefreak: pokemon snack, a cooking mama clone with pokemon. please PM me for the mailing address to put on the check

Great idea, imagine getting to fry up some bellsprout and roast a miltank

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I've now played a game, be aware thread

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Infinitum posted:

How many paths did you take?

I went East in Freeway Warrior instead of West, only time can tell what else I do.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I had 20 vigor until everyone in the discord made fun of me for it (someone posted the elon build)

Now I have 30, since one flask doesn't fill it all up and there's no waste, i will probably leave it at that

This guy leveled Vig lmao, might as well let hand someone else the controller if you wanna play baby mode lol.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

I've been playing some Bully. I thought I'd played this game before but I must have just sporadically watched an LP or something because I don't remember 95% of this poo poo.

It's a lot of fun and has the best writing I've seen out of a Rockstar game. Tons of little scripted moments that take me by surprise. Like a bunch of kids standing around the school's entry hall watching a firework go off, only to all be blown on their asses when it explodes. Or a nerd screaming "WELCOME TO THE BOTTOM OF THE FOOD CHAIN!" before stealing my date's textbook and flinging it at her.

I also love how exaggerated the conflicts between the cliques are, every day getting to classes is like wading through a fight club until everyone sprints for class right before the bell.

Can't wait to play more. Bully 2?

Bully is one of the greatest games of all time.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The most surprising thing that I find that I've lost as the youth of yesterday is stripped from my form is the ability to read and understand the text of pages of the web, even the compelling essay I'm currently engaged with is causing immense amount of physical strain on my body, the eyes unfocused outside mine ability to rein them in and my mind finds itself repeating the last instead of the current.

When one considers the simplicity I feel in reading of novels or short stories in papered backs or read on e I find the entire internet project more malicious in aesthetics than previous.

Why for cannot we White on Black for default and fonts of pleasure rather than this arialized atrocity. Even the width and size displayed is of much discomfort to me, one considers the war crimes of the 1.0 web with fondness when forced to deal with the malicious minimalism of now.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Finally beat Freeway Fighter, protip if you're gonna play reroll if you get 1 skill and 6 luck. There's so many situations that reduce your luck that it quickly stops mattering, and there's usually a backup skill check if you fail. But having low skill means every fight becomes nearly impossible, the last fight with the Raiders I had to roll at least 10 on two dies just to hit, very frustrating.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The Grumbles posted:

RIP Giant Bomb (again)

Jason and Jess just got fired

They should've just put the brand out to pasture a while ago.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They should make the weapons run out even faster. DS2 is funner with the fps glitch that destroys all your swords faster and so would Zelda. Forcing you to switch poo poo up and improvise is never a detriment. It's problem is there isn't enough different kinds of weapons. There should be Glaives, whips, flails, knuckledusters, rapiers, crossbows etc to make sure things stay fresh

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

hatty posted:

They should double down on durability and make your food spoil if you carry it too long

Yeah, and massively limit the inventory and increase the amount of extreme hot and cold areas

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Dabir posted:

And slow the combat down a bunch, and make all attacks cost stamina, and make max stamina decrease over time so you have to eat to keep it up

Yeah, add a semi permanent system for injuries so for example if you fall from a great height you might break your leg and be forced to limp, or blocking too many strikes from a Darknut with a shield will break your arm and force you to either disregard the shield or switch it to your Sword hand leaving you offensiveless.

Then to fix it you could make a splint using wood, but it would take hours in game to heal, or go to a healer or pop a fairy but at the cost of limited resources and time.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

343 should probably be disbanded and the people divvied up into other studios that studio is a loving trashfire.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The 7th Guest posted:

from the sound of it half the problems stem from above them with how microsoft manages their studios and hires a perpetual revovling door of 18 month contractors

and despite 343's bad track record i'm inclined to believe this because Microsoft's first party catalog is the worst aspect of the xbox one/series and they have a "FOX Primetime" level of cancelled/delayed projects

even now like. the stuff that interests me about Xbox in 2023 is indies and third party titles. i have a list of gamepass stuff coming in 2023 and it's pretty much all not-Microsoft. the one Microsoft owned game is Redfall, and then I guess if you really trust Todd Howard, Starfield
Undoubtedly but from a business standpoint the very name is toxic, I ain't a Halo fan but some of the buddies are and they are not trusting a 343 product no time soon.

Secondly the fact that the company has been run so poorly for so long means even the people there who are skilled or talented have probably never gotten real direction or guidance and would do better in an environment conducive to creating an actual good product rather than sitting in the swamp hoping that they can drain it fast enough to salvage what is left of Halo.

None of this will happen, Tech is going to get hosed six ways to Sunday and it's entirely the fault of the companies, they've all been falling upwards for decades and now that the good times are ended the ax is going to fall on the people least responsible for the failures.

I just want to know why Firefox's spellcheck is so garbage, it thinks Dreamt isn't a word, learn English you piece of poo poo software.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ten minutes to get a drat mcchicken, this country is going to poo poo.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ugly MC. Game disqualified

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

People always saying "try angles". Guess what? I don't want to, stop trying to push that poo poo on me.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

What the hell is Avowed

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

it's the Obsidian Skyrim in the Pillars of Eternity world

Wow that sounds awful, will avoid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

Made it to Spring in Bully. Winter I thought went on a big too long and had too much story, but I did enjoy bundling up in warm clothes and doing skateboard tricks in the snow.

You must be playing scholarship, in the OG I'm always sad to see Winter go buy so quickly.