Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll probably try the One Piece RPG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My issue is that as not really a manga guy I only know up to where the anime got poo poo so I don't have a clue about anything that happened since uh 2012 and it looks like a lot is going to be alternate retellings of main arcs.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Microsoft explained the difference properly

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Xbox SeX

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Been playing Valkyrie Elysium, there's a grain of a good game there but the combat is too stiff to ever really work as the character action game it's trying to be, it's very repetitive and the characters and story are barely existent.

It's like SE tried to punch up a zero budget FuRyu game but all they did was add a bit more variety to the graphics. Most of those have better stories too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

NFTs also have a different perception in Japan, less insane crypto bros and more 'oh this is just like the personalised cards you can scan in Japanese arcades for stuff'.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I could probably name 20 games I want by the end of March lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

Lol why would you look forward to buying an upcoming game, you don't even know whether it's good yet, lol lmaos

Beep boop

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

why is theater rhythms $100

That's just what games cost now

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

HopperUK posted:

Can't believe I missed another chance to go on about how Lego DC Super Villains is fantastic and fun and you get to zoom around and break stuff. It's my favourite.

I liked how they put as much Harley/Ivy shipping in as they could get away with lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've seen the sexy robot ladies but I shan't post them here

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Escobarbarian posted:

True but I hate it so much that I wasn’t able to get past it and just enjoy the game. It’s so annoying

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Surprised enough people remember MAG to bother with a whole fest

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

hatty posted:

its true The Switch also has a Made in Abyss game, perfect Vita successor

Featured in a Nintendo Direct!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

BARRY BURTON

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oByTUQjCFg

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Infinitum posted:

If you like that check Kingdoms of Amalur, which is very much single player MMO

Only in that it has 1000s of garbage generic quests to skip the text to, it plays like the worlds most boring action RPG.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Shame it's published by EA so they think I'm gonna spend £70 on it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

VS always gives me a.. if not exactly a headache the feeling that I should probably go outside and get some fresh air after I've been playing it for a bit. Maybe it's concentrating intently at a single point on the screen or something I dunno.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sometimes I say gg when I'm not even playing a game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

hatty posted:

mobile ads are an art

https://twitter.com/VermiixPhantom/status/1611770818219884545

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rinkles posted:

Outriders is the Diablo 3 of Shlooters (beg my pardon) in that it strips away most of the unnecessary faff that gets in the way of what we’re really playing these games for. Combat and build building, with a heavy dose of numbers going up.

Lot of smart streamlining, and everything's very clearly laid out. You're making meaningful build choices from early on. You're not wasting time decoding mathematical minutiae. You're picking what you want your gear to do. Even ignoring the item effects, you can feel the stat difference between gear (e.g., Do I want more health, gun power, or super power?).

It feels great to triumph over a hard section not by grinding or lowering the difficulty but by taking a moment to rethink your character. And it's that way from the beginning, which is pretty unusual for looters ime. But it's got D3's Torment system (from the start) so you can manage the difficulty curve yourself.

There's absolutely loving bullshit boss near the end but it's pretty decent other than that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Theres a compass?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Waltzing Along posted:

I hope One Piece Odyssey is good.

Oh yeah the demo is out today

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Unfortunately then Walking Dead season 2 happens

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rinkles posted:

Who remembers that Project Sylpheed was a game that existed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unsii5r74l4

It looked cool in 360 kiosks.

Me, playing Chorvs had me thinking about it recently

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rinkles posted:

Maybe it was a mistake, but Sony did release a PS5 trailer with this text in the FFXVI part

They also accidentally implied that Demon Souls Remake was getting a PC release which still hasn't happened.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I got like 100 million points on some Mario pinball table I played when I was on holiday once 25 years ago, that was cool.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looper posted:

curiously, the only console warriors you see these days all happen to own ps5s

Someones never read the Switch thread lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've got plenty of games to play, sorry for your lots

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I remember when the Steam thread had an op longer than War & Peace

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rinkles posted:

Is there a word for when you're really in tune with a game and you begin to feel like the thing you're controlling is a part of you? Or that you are the thing altogether. It can be whatever, a super hero or a car.

In the zone (not Stalker)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Games finished this year so far:

The Quarry
Chorvs
Valkyrie Elysium (all endings)
Kena: Bridge of Spirits

...I actually thought it was more than that but I've started a lot more than I've finished lol

Next up Wild Arms 3, hopefully.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not sure I watched a movie last year

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Balan Wonderwall

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rarity posted:

What the gently caress is even happening here?

Beast Slice Lv. 1

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Betrayed by my poor vision

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Runa posted:

I still think it's very funny that Nier Automata's fakeout first ending manages to catch so many people. Like it still manages to work as an ending, in a conventionally heroic narrative sort of way, and you can walk away feeling kinda good about it without actually knowing what happens after that point.

And then they stumble onto a spoiler discussion and slowly start to realize they stopped at the end of Act 1 of a much bigger story.

Especially when it literally tells you at the end there's more lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tbf their track record since Automata hasn't been great but Astral Chain was cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm assuming Bayonetta 3 was good but I didn't see it much in the goty thread

Everyone hated the story and new character and that fed back into itself so it's irredeemable trash now