Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Happy New Year. Please be good, One Piece Odyssey! :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Does one piece: odyssey not have frankie or brooks?

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, it's got Franky and Brook. It doesn't have Jinbei because it started development before he officially joined the crew.

One of the recent trailers did however show that one of the memory levels is Marineford and Luffy is fighting alongside Jinbei in that, so it is possible he may end up being playable after all. I'm not sure if Impel Down is also in the game but I really, really hope so!

FirstAidKite posted:

Yooo that's one of my fave films when I was a kid. Used to watch Batteries Not Included all the time. Such a great film. I should rewatch it.

"We bring good things to life" :shobon:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i see people ask for a RDR2 remake
I just want to be able to play RDR on PC goddammit :negative:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

I like how Carlos tried real hard to turn things around. I want to believe after the movie that he would have become more friendly around the place. Not perfect, but a miracle enough to give everyone a second chance.

There should have been video games aping that movie's premise and aesthetic

I felt so bad when Faye realized he wasn't Bobby :smith:

But that movie is just a warm hug, and the ending is just wonderful. Haven't thought of it for years, but it was just delightful.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

I remember showing the movie to my fiancee and at the first sign of Faye's dementia she says to me "wait, this was one of your favorite movies?" lol

"Oh just wait, there's a stillborn birth coming up later!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Hoping Odyssey includes Wano so it takes 500 hours to complete....

....Act 1.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Been playing Resident Evil 2, I've now finished up both Leon and Claire's first runs and readying up for the second. The boss fights are kinda trash and the basic gun is awful against even standard zombies (you do get plenty of ammo for it at least) but man the game looks great and there's something compelling about how cheesily earnest it is.

Annette Birkin is a piece of poo poo though, nothing's changing my mind on that :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Arzaac posted:

The basic gun absolutely sucks, but idk I kinda like that? RE2 is one of the few games I've seen that actually sells zombies as a legitimate threat; it might be a slow moving shambler, but it's just so difficult to actually kill one of the drat things.

I actually figured out late into my Claire run that it's actually faster and more efficient to DISMEMBER the zombies than it is to kill them with headshots :psyduck:

That way they're just torsos lying on the ground groaning but not actually able to do anything to get at you!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I backtrack a lot so I forget which I've killed and which I just put down or avoided while running past, so it's good (for me!) to know when I've put one down for good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Doesn't Star Wars already have an MMO? :confused:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I played it pre-patches and had a blast, it certainly had flaws but I really dug taking my V through everything and then escaping Night City with Panam

:cheers:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Edit: Wrong thread!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I gotta be honest, I don't actually know what a "Go" game is?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

Well you see there are lots of black and white stones and

Oh I know what that is! Wait, how does that work with video game characters then?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Huh, those actually look pretty neat! I somehow never knew about them before!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I've run through the first and second runs for Leon and Claire in the Resident Evil 2 Remake, had a blast, and lol at the ending where Sherry is just like,"Welp, poo poo happens" about her parents being dead, which is fair enough given they were giant pieces of poo poo and also the fact that Leon and Claire met and interacted for all of 30 minutes but are basically best friends/a potential couple now. The game looks fantastic which actually clashes a little with the older style of gameplay, but I really enjoyed it and am glad I got to experience it looking as good as it did.

Had a weird glitch where I don't think the environment loaded during the epilogue though so the characters are just walking through a weird cloudy/foggy void, which actually gave a kind of hosed up feeling like maybe they just straight up died and went to heaven and their minds just tricked them into thinking they killed the G-Virus :tinfoil:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, I can't wait to see what they do to 4, I love the game but you have to wrestle the controls and it is showing its age, and getting to play that batshit insane story with modern graphics and hopefully easier to control characters is gonna rule.

I've never played 3, I'm gonna hold off for a little bit so I don't burn out but really hoping it lives up to 2.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

First Resident Evil I played was the arcade one? Was that 1? The one that has the lady shouting,"SUFFER LIKE G DID!" ???

Anyways, I never played another till I got 4 on Gamecube. Loved it enough to buy it on Steam when it came out, fully intend to buy the remake when it comes out this year and play it again. 4 is a very, very, very good game!

I played 5 and remember NOTHING about it, never got around to 6 though I do own it (remember when Steam accidentally put up 4, 5 and 6 for like $1?) and intend to play it eventually, but not till after I play the 3 remake now that I've enjoyed the 2 remake so much.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

In that case, I have absolutely NO idea what the story of the first Resident Evil is!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

hatty posted:

There’re Zombies what come from that Residence

Are they.... good? :ohdear:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Pharmaceutical company uses own employees as lab rats to test out the viability of their new virus as a means of viral warfare.

Yeah but what happens in the 1st Resident Evil game?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hang on a second, how big was this residence!?!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Your dad rules :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

but the tags duke, the tags!!!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I've already finished up 3 games :stare:

The year will get busy so I'm gonna end up slowing down but man it's great to just play through a bunch of fun video games. Did you guys know that Titanfall 2 is a fun game? Somebody should have said so earlier!

https://i.imgur.com/y7KynY5.mp4

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Best FPS ever made.

I really wish we could have had more than one level with the time-skipping ability to traverse past obstacles/flank enemies etc, it reminded me of that wonderful similar level in Dishonored 2.

Infinitum posted:

Where's a new trailer for Spider-man 2, Insomniac? :argh:

I'll be finishing up my New Game+ of Miles Morales a little later today, so I'm sure they'll time the announcement of a multi-year delay for right when I'm most pumped up for the sequel!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Infinitum posted:

especially with Kraven and Venom looking to take centre stage.

I didn't actually know that and oh man that sounds great.

Miles Morales definitely felt a lot smaller, but I did like how they appeared to have worked out how to pace out the content a little better to deal with people like me who immediately run away from the new main story mission to do EVERYTHING there is possible to do first.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I hadn't, that looks great!

Hang on... it's not going to be console exclusive is it? I just assumed that they would put it out on Steam at the same time :ohdear:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm imagining Velma's face is because she's listening to somebody read that description to her. Oof.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I screwed up my planning and finished Miles Morales thinking One Piece Odyssey was out today, but it's not, and I don't want to start anything else before then but I still wanna play something :gonk:

Oh well, more Hitman 3 I guess!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

i know a man who can make some fine ingots

I hear they treat servants well too!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Oh yeah? Name every video game!

Mario.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hitman rules, they're bundling all three games and all DLC together at the end of the month to get rid of the pants-on-head-stupid process required to get everything currently, Freelancer mode is also coming out at the end of the month and the test run I got to take part in was a loving blast, and as mentioned the game very wisely decided to make the targets of all the main missions be horrible rich assholes that nobody feels bad about being horribly murdered.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pwnstar posted:

I love Hitman

"Isn't it so good that we were able to increase the price of our life saving drug by 5000% after we started adding ground up orphans to the recipe? Now lets stand for a moment on top of the trapdoor to this tank of great white sharks while that nondescript 7 foot tall bald waiter stands next to the release button"

Monstrous CEO: We can definitely trust him, he's only got our best interests at heart, I asked him and he said,"I just want you to be my chum :geno:"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love One Piece: Odyssey. I can't tell you if it is a good game, just that it is a game that appears to have been made entirely to appeal to me, Jerusalem. It's a bold marketing strategy, let's see if it pays off for them!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tell the cat that it is forbidden to stay in that box for the duration of the move, that you absolutely will not allow it.

Cat is now secure in the box and cannot possibly be removed :hmmyes:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Infinitum posted:

re: Movie chat. Dad asked me to come pick up some stuff over the weekend, so I decided to hang up the poster for the greatest movie of all time

Agent: You've been asked to provide the voice of an enormous, all-devouring creature whose hunger simply cannot be satiated.
Orson Welles: It's the part I was born to play!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

Bully is one of the greatest games of all time.

It was so great, I hold out hope for a follow-up at some point.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Relax Or DIE posted:

it's because if you're looking at a computer screen your brain is waiting for an alien to pop up so you can blast it with a shotgun

This almost never happens to me when I read a book, like barely twice a year. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kerrzhe posted:

edit: i am gonna have to look up what the word pentiment actually means though

edit edit: gently caress that's good

Haha, it's such a good title :allears: