Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

StrixNebulosa posted:

I ignored all warnings and pulled out Valhalla anyways and an hour later it's exactly what I was expecting: pretty snowy map to explore, all the mechanics from Origins and Odyssey, and decent if not special writing. I expect this will keep me entertained for a while before I forget about it and wander off to other pastures, and honestly I'm okay with that, I just wanted something chill to bop to inbetween bouts of masterpieces like Dark Souls or Rimworld or whatever else I'm getting up to.

thaaaaaats Ubisoft games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Is it possible to disable the combat in Manor Lords? Combat is the absolute last thing I want in my city builders but a new Banished sounds cool

e: I went ahead and bought it and to answer this question: yes you can

Also I'm sure it's historically accurate or something but umm this is quite an auto-generated player character name

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Apr 27, 2024

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

okay but what makes that rice cooker particularly good, because i’m in the market for a new one and everything i’m googling sounds unimpressive

The mentioned Zojirushi Neuro Fuzzy (which gets bonus points for sounding like a chip you implant in your head to get an upgrade in a cyberpunk game) is pretty wild. You can try to intentionally gently caress your rice up, like go as far as adding double the amount of recommended water, and it will adjust temperatures and cooking times to compensate. Basically just a lot of sensors and some smart programming done by people who know how to cook rice really well, but it does the trick.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
Plus it plays a little tune when you start and finish cooking 😌 I love my zojirushi neuro fuzzy

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i marathoned another crab's treasure, though i used the assist mode cheats for a lot of it. it's charming enough but the lower budget and smaller dev time really shows in terms of balance, because it's kind of miserable as a soulslike - enemies are so loving tanky that it's like elden ring if 4/5's of it took place in the consecrated snowfields. after one monster at the end of a really grueling platforming section (with near hitscan-level archers everywhere) bashed me through the level geometry and caused me to lose a bunch of currency i started abusing the cheats and never looked back

the environments do a great job of mimicking the souls aesthetic with a pg-rated underwater setting, though as for the story i'm really losing my taste for anti-capitalist plots that go "capitalism sucks and the world is probably doomed but gosh darn it we've just gotta Help One Another and Do Our Best." night in the woods and kentucky route zero own that whole subgenre, the others are so facile that they feel like they were scraped off an ursula k leguin mood board

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Tales of Vesperia is showing me Xbox glyphs despite having native DirectInput support (which switches the glyphs to PlayStation buttons). So I can turn on PS glyphs by turning off Steam Input, but I want to use Steam Input for all the other functionality.

Wasn't the Steam Input update supposed to fix this? I've yet to see it consistently work how you'd want it to. And worse, you have no control over which controller type it choses, so you can't fix it manually (outside disabling Steam Input, like above).

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

The entire Steamworld franchise is on sale right now:

https://store.steampowered.com/publisher/thunderfulpublishing/sale/SteamWorldFranchiseSale

This is a really cool and kinda unique franchise, it's all robots in a variety of settings. The original and sequel are 2d platformers, there's a turn based tactics spacefaring game (with a sequel on the way this year), a city builder (dlc just came out), and a deckbuilder rpg.

I've rarely seen a franchise jump settings so adroitly - the games aren't the absolute pinnacle of the industry, but they're good, and I enjoyed my time in the world.

Check em out if you want something a bit lighthearted, there's probably a genre there for you.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Picked up the original Steamworld Dig yesterday, pretty solid game for $0.89.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
They announced Steamworld Heist 2 not long ago, looking forward to it. I had a lot of fun in the original Heist and it looks like just a lot more of it.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

deep dish peat moss posted:

Also I'm sure it's historically accurate or something but umm this is quite an auto-generated player character name

They've outdone Final Fantasy V. Impressive!

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

deep dish peat moss posted:

Is it possible to disable the combat in Manor Lords? Combat is the absolute last thing I want in my city builders but a new Banished sounds cool

e: I went ahead and bought it and to answer this question: yes you can

Yeah you can just straight up turn off AI opponents and/or bandits.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I've heard of names like Koontz, but never Cuntz.

That sounds like someone passed through Ellis Island and either trolled or was trolled by the guy Anglifying his name.

e: Kuntz does seem to exist.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

history has not been kind to pioneering French chemist, Antoine Alexandre Brutus Bussy

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Apr 27, 2024

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

my son's name also happens to be kuntz

The Gripper
Sep 14, 2004
i am winner
Tales of Kenzera: ZAU is a weird game. It's presented well but I think it's firmly in the "player's first platformer game" category of games, it's really barebones with its metroidvania parts and the only difficulty I had in the 5 hours I played was that a lot of the spikes are instant kills.

But the penalty for dying is that you reset at the start of the encounter that killed you, so you're never losing progress. The instadeath spikes end up just being annoying in areas where you get locked into an arena with a bunch of enemies, where the combat is easy enough that it's really hard to die but you can instantly die to spikes and have to start over. I was around the second boss when I stopped playing and they were loading up every arena with spikes at that point and I wasn't enjoying it.

If this was advertised for people with no experience with platformers or metroidvanias I'd have been happy to have not seen it. It's not a game for me but they've been pushing this wide with sponsored streamers in their videos saying it's doing things no other metroidvania has done and it's just not true, but it got to me looking like something every mv fan has to love.

I couldn't recommend it to anyone that likes metroidvanias, but it's probably the most accessible one I've played in terms of difficulty and puzzles, and it feels like it'd be very hard to get lost exploring.

edit: maybe it's not the most accessible, but it's definitely the most accessible on its default difficulty. The Lost Crown had a lot of accessibility features I didn't touch for comparison.

The Gripper fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Apr 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Manor Lords put a lot of effort into being historically accurate. Here's a thread for those of you who still have Twitter:
https://twitter.com/fakehistoryhunt/status/1783578093321384346