Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

games!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

I'm teetering on buying it or not for basically the same reason. I know it's a huge time investment and I'm always hot and cold when it comes to this kinda stuff.

I also seem to be an odd one out that I much prefer From's earlier output to their latter (though the jury is still out on Bloodborne :argh:) so I'm worried I'll invest all 100 hours or whatever into it only to realize I dislike for the same reasons I'm cool on Dark Souls 3...

FWIW, blanket reminder if you have a Humble Bundle subscription to check their store for deals since the extra 20% off can nudge the price down further than you can possibly get elsewhere. Pretty sure Elden Ring is currently at its absolute cheapest there thanks to that.

I mean if you put 100 hours into it you probably got your money's worth. It's my first souls game and I'm about 25 hours in and it's getting hard (I'm bad) but I'm doing ok trying to level and gear up elsewhere. Some things I just have to try 10 times to beat it and finally it happens. Luckily you will likely respawn right there so it doesn't feel as tedious.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Resdfru posted:

Lotta great recs for my kids, thanks everyone! Might get bugsnax and slime rancher for myself tbh

A short hike ("bird game") was a big hit for my kid.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Frustrated with my xbox one controllers that keep drifting after a few months and looking to replace them with hall effect ones. Yes, I can replace the pots every so often but that gets annoying. Is there a great hall effect controller that works well for PC games? What are your thoughts on these?

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Bluetooth-Controller-Joysticks-Vibration-Shooting-USB-C/dp/B0878QMPKH?th=1

https://smile.amazon.com/Ultimate-B...c0-4513d670b6bc