Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Oxxidation posted:

molyneux was a grifting pissant in an industry already rich with them, it’s good he’s gone and hopefully he stays that way

lol yeah what's with this weird re-revisionism about how he was just a soft little boy who was taken down by the big evil journalists. dude lied to turn his baked bean company into a software one and it's been a snowball ever since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Those silly Japanese developers have no idea how to make PC games, now if you'll excuse me my 200gb download for that new Star Wars game finally finished *my heatsink immediately liquifies and explodes upon starting the game, killing me instantly*

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
The PW3 port is technically fine, the only issue is the version it was based on was the PS3 version instead of the PS4 version so it's just sadly not as good as it could be.

Crosspost from an old OP thread:

Ryaomon posted:

Both are good for different reasons imo.

PW3:
Engine is more refined as it's on the same one as 1 and 2
Plays through every story arc up to Dressorsa
Ostensibly cheaper
Only DLC are costumes and some missions so you can feel free to just get the base game.

PW4:
New engine which means it's way more rough around the edges but when it feels good it feels really good
Some arcs are cut but it goes all the way up to Wano
Characters are to scale with eachother so playing as someone like Katakuri or Whitebeard feels really unique and powerful
9 additional characters are DLC

Both have alternate endings of the arcs that were being written as the game was coming out (dressrosa/wano) so you don't get teased with a cliffhanger ending, which is neat.

Personally if you're strapped for cash or don't want to invest too much you can stick with 3 but 4's engine and level up system is really neat and shows promise for future entries.

Only difference nowadays is there's more DLC coming for 4.

Infinity Gaia posted:

Even with the bad PC port I'd still recommend 3 over 4. I think it has better combat and MUCH better side content than 4, as well as (I think?) more characters. Plus it has this theme in it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3MQ-ruCrlA
Also yeah I might have to give the soundtrack to 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg219eAD8QQ

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

ShadowMar posted:

last time i played PW3, the game didn't have controller support and the last story mission would consistently crash for me, would not call that "fine" tbh (and many steam reviews complain about this crash too, its not my computer)

Hate to be a "idk works fine for me" guy but I never experienced either issue, controller worked just fine too, maybe I just got lucky. Only bug I remember getting was somehow hooking the camera on a ramp so it stopped moving and stayed static but my character was still able to move freely, and while a little annoying it was also really funny seeing my character go back and forth offscreen like hummingbird Apu.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
The one-two punch of the rise against modding games was the SF6 nude mod broadcast followed by them releasing costumes for characters that cost $15 apiece which everyone promptly responded to with " what the gently caress capcom are you high I'll just get a costume mod instead".

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Bummer news but you have to admit this happening to Glittermitten Grove feels like something they'd almost want to happen on purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007

Phlegmish posted:

I thought Korsica was supposed to be ancient.

She's 32 and Peppermint is 23. The latter is already ancient in anime terms.

Also while I'm glad you enjoyed the game, because it assuredly deserves the praise, it was really funny to see you refer to it as a plucky little indie game at least 3 times because it's made by Tango Gameworks, subsidiary of Bethesda, subsidiary of ZeniMax, subsidiary of Microsoft.