Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Black Griffon posted:

The haptics on the PS5 are straight up incredible. In Death Stranding, for example, the controller vibrations accurately reflects the terrain you're moving over across the whole controller, and the shoulder triggers have variable resistance as you press them to adjust your backpack or fire weapons. In Returnal, the weapons have two-stage triggers where the resistance at the halfway point is firm enough that you don't have to worry about accidentally using the fully depressed fire mode.

Edit: beaten, but I have more wonder and astonishment.

They're also amazing in Gran Turismo, where you can really feel the car fighting back if you're trying to do something that you really shouldn't, or in Spiderman where they impart the momentum of your swings really well.

On the downside, there are lazy implementations too, like Saints Row just making it harder to shoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Anything more elaborate than a 2600 stick is a gimmick

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Aphex- posted:

Does SOTF have a peaceful mode like the first one? I kind of got tired of the enemies attacking me when all I really wanted to do was chill and build a nice log cabin in a pretty forest.

It does; it also has a selection of granular difficulty options for tweaking to your preference.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Tiny Timbs posted:

It takes an hour to compile the shaders in the Last of Us port lol

Only took 15 minutes here, but we'll see how crash-happy it is once I finish working and can try to actually play it.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

JLaw posted:

IIRC more like an interview featuring probing questions like "You're a big liar ain'tcha? Why you such a big liar?"

lol I thought there may have been some hyperbole here but nope, the very first question Walker asked him:

"RPS: Do you think that you're a pathological liar?"

Full article here if anyone else was curious like I was:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/peter-molyneux-interview-godus-reputation-kickstarter

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

ExcessBLarg! posted:

What's #3 though? Choices look grim.

Virtuaverse was alright, but has an absolute banger of a soundtrack

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

EricFate posted:

I'm starting to lose track of the various bandwagons now. There was the '[Random Franchise] but in a go-kart' thing, the '[Random Franchise] but with tower defense' thing, '[Random Franchise] but as a card game' thing (also make it mobile), '[Random Franchise] but as a survival game with crafting' thing (also shoehorn in some zombies), and then the '[Random Franchise] but as a massively multiplayer battle royale game' thing that I feel like just ended before 'Extraction Game' came along.

Don't forget about [Random Franchise(s)] but Smash Bros

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Away all Goats posted:

Should I get Dredge or Dave the Diver?

I can't speak on Dredge but whenever I think of DtD, the word that immediately comes to mind is "delightful". And when a game turns you into someone's granny, you know it's doing something right.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Megasabin posted:

Anyone know if Monster Train has cross-save/progression on steam and iOS? It’s hard to find a straight answer. My guess is no, but it would be cool if it was yes.

No, unfortunately not

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Det_no posted:

According to achievements, only 11% of Dave the diver players have fed the cat enough. Shameful. Disgraceful.

I hardly go to the restaurant during the day so managed to completely miss that there was a cat there. Thank you for bringing this oversight to my attention. Also explains the cat food I've been finding; was wondering what the hell Bancho was going to end up making with it

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

mystes posted:

Does reversal mean it was in the game and they removed it or they removed it and added it back or what?

Reveal, not reversal

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Just wait until graphical options are locked behind microtransactions

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

claw game handjob posted:

The latter, now that everyone can just buy the emote with steam points from the store I'm amazed people still hunt for it in tradeable form.

Apparently you have to own the game in order to buy it from the points shop, so I guess that's why

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

claw game handjob posted:

I don't think that's true, I get offered poo poo all the time in the points store for shovelware trash that's beyond even my account. I don't own bootleg Dr. Livesy or Neko Hentai 7 but it sure goes "YOU WANT THIS STICKER?" anytime I browse.

Edit: yeah no that's definitely not the case, regretfully confirmed

It must vary by game then, because I see this when I go to that emote:

Devs must be going after meme sales

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Speaking of fishing minigames, I remember a few people here wanting to like Dave the Diver but being turned off by the QTEs, so heads up that it got a patch today that gives the option to effectively disable those.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Jack Trades posted:

How is Payday 3?
All I kind of wanted is the same Payday but running on an engine that isn't loving dying constantly, but apparently Payday 3 isn't so hot at all?

Other than wobbly servers and some minor UI things, I've been having a blast with it so far. It's Payday 2.5 in the best way so worth a look once they sort their launch out.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Unlucky7 posted:

So does Payday 3 still have stealth? Like, in a multiplayer horde shooter?

Because I do not care if they are trying to replicate hiests, gently caress that noise

It does but I haven't run into any mandatory stealth heists yet, although I have two more to do. The description of one reads like it will require stealth, but if you go loud, you get an alternate set of objectives instead of a fail state.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Volte posted:

I've seen people say like "I'm on my 5th DualShock and 3rd Xbox Elite in two years because of stick drift" and I've literally never experienced stick drift a single time across 10-12 controllers. Is it just good luck or some difference in how people are using it? Environmental factors? Are sticks objectively more cheaply made than they used to be? On the other hand, the stick-click on one of my Switch joycons is busted and that's just as bad since the joycon is useless for many games.

Just pure luck, I imagine. I've also never lost a controller to stick drift, but my XBox controllers have instead all eventually started registering multiple button presses, which could be a sign that I hammer on them too hard maybe.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
It had a demo during a previous Next Fest, maybe that's what you're thinking of

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

SirSamVimes posted:

Max Payne 2 is the best game because it is directly responsible for the formation of my favourite band

Which band is that?

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Oh nice, that's now two bands that the Max Payne series has turned me onto

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

teethgrinder posted:

#2 ... HEALTH?

Absolutely

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Grabbed Dead Estate; thanks!

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
So it's basically A SWEATY FATBEARD: The Game?

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Epic store; sale price and it stacks with their 33% off coupon

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

MarcusSA posted:

Man Lego Fortnite is really drat good I wish it was a separate game though. The login process is annoying.

It should have added a separate Lego Fortnite entry to your library that will take you straight to world selection without going through the main Fortnite menus

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

sirtommygunn posted:

Mega Man *egacy Collection: QF*5Q-RM3WB-BQ2ID

Grabbed this one; thank you!

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
A long shot, I know, but has anyone going through NextFest demos found anything non-PVP for 5 players by chance?

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Looks like it'll cost $90 to refill the thing too

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

StrixNebulosa posted:

You need patches for a bunch of these. Go here: https://gamecopyworld.eu/games/index.php (I swear it's a legit website) - and look for the patches and game updates.

Oh man, I didn't know that site was still around; used to get my no-cd cracks there way back in the day when discs were still a thing

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Orv posted:

Finally the genre we can all agree on; Stray clones.

I know you said you were kidding, but honestly, the demo for this was what I was hoping Stray would be, and I say that as someone who liked Stray. Just cattin' around solving problems by doing cat stuff.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

explosivo posted:

allegedly SOD3 is still in the works

Having known someone on that dev team, I'll be surprised if it ever actually happens; last I heard as of a year or so ago, they were stuck in that dev hell cycle of constantly scrapping & restarting development since nothing was coming together the way they wanted it to

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Also Little Kitty, Big City and a Vampire Survivors expansion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

Sab669 posted:

Has anyone here played the developer's other game, Inkbound? I only just learned of its existence after clicking on their page due to your post :v:

It's decent, and I give them credit for listening to the community and ripping the microtransactions out entirely, but sadly it never reaches the highs of Monster Train and didn't hold my attention for long.