Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Resdfru posted:

So anyone got any recommendations for games that 3 to 6 year olds can play? For an idea of what they like: they love Wobbly Life and Grand Theft Auto 5 (with the family friendly mod). So basically open world driving but you can get outta the car and do stuff too.

I think sadly Wobbly life and gta v modded are gonna be it. So I'll take other types of games that are wholesome and kid friendly if anyone has any

Maybe check out Motor Town: Behind the Wheel

You'd be better able to judge how accessible it is to kids that age, but it's a game about driving around and doing things (though more driving focused than running around).

They might also enjoy Under Leaves, a really beautiful hidden objects game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

slidebite posted:

Is there a go to tower defence game released in the last year or two that has good graphics and is quick to start and play?

Thronefall is a neat little tower defense game that is easy to pick up but tricky to master

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

Dackel posted:

I can roll my eyes at all the paradox releases but I'm legit mad they got involved with Across the Obelisk. Using the paradox launcher, pricing DLCs higher than the base game. Recent reviews are mostly negative now.

yeah this one really gets to me too :smith:

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

woke kaczynski posted:

Crossposting from the roguelike thread:

I picked it up to give it a whirl because I like logic puzzles of this sort and it's only $4, and I'd heartily recommend it to anyone else who's intrigued by it. There's different difficulty levels to choose with varying difficulty hints, a real time hunger meter that isn't super oppressive IMO but does encourage you not to stay on one puzzle too long if you're stuck, barebones intermittent combat that basically serves to ensure you're completing some of the puzzles (you can skip after opening safe chests even if you haven't figured out all the safe ones, but you miss out on the rewards and near the end of the run you get a bonus if you opened up the vast majority of safe chests). It's already been worth more than $4 to me.

Picked this up and am enjoying it a lot so far

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

Zathril posted:

Did anybody have any recommendations for anything worth getting in the Deckbuilder sale?

Balatro, Breach Wanderers, Abalon, Cassette Beasts, and Mimic Logic

Enfys fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Apr 2, 2024

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

moosferatu posted:

Not on sale and a dice-builder rather than a deck builder, but Slice & Dice is incredible.

As the question was in relation to the deck sale, just be aware that it doesn't have controller support. You have to use the trackpads to emulate the mouse. Some people don't mind that, but I find it uncomfortable to play like that for long on the deck.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

Serephina posted:

Oh my god, I apparently own a game that I must have bought in a bundle in 2016 that went into Early Access in 2014... and is still there. "StarMade"

Fuckin' shameful, and I rue every dollar spent supporting this hosed up industry practice.

Not as long as Project Zomboid

e: now I can't stop thinking about starting another Project Zomboid run...

Enfys fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Apr 17, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

StrixNebulosa posted:

Oh hey, Erannorth Chronicles is on sale for 10.49$ this week. A solid price for a big-rear end open world card rpg thing that i like using as a solo rpg engine.

What's your opinion on the DLC?