Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Monstaland posted:

gently caress EA and gently caress Fifa on pc. They banned me in fifa20 (pc) from the transfermarket due to coin distribution suspections. Never did such thing but just effectively played the transfermarket (mostly in position modifiers lol). Appealed several times and actually mailed a copy of my autism diagnoses as part of my explaination that my systematical looking but manually trading frequencies might be a bit maniacal but they kept responding with no, you did bad things. Same trading behaviour never was a problem on xbox year later

that sucks a lot man but its also legitimately cool and interesting that you got mistaken for a bot like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Lunsku posted:

Looks like a really strong bundle:
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/must-play-metroidvania

Hollow Knight
Rain World
Blasphemous
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Lost Ruins
Lone Funtus
Haiku, the Robot

I dont have any of these video games ty :kiddo:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Pigbuster posted:

Hello. Here is the entirety of the $3.00 The Lord of the Rings: Gollum™ - Emotes Pack, the pack that includes 6 iconic emotes inspired by the character Gollum, which you can use to proclaim "my Precious" and express a range of emotions in the game whenever you want:
  1. Gollum clasps his hands, whispers "my precioussss".
  2. Beetle flies around Gollum, he is surprised.
  3. Beetle lands in front of Gollum, he looks at it with concern and interest before it flies away.
  4. Beetle lands in front of Gollum, he looks at it with interest before it flies away.
  5. Beetle flies around Gollum, he looks at it angrily.
  6. Beetle flies around Gollum, he swipes at it and fails to kill it.

cool

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Sab669 posted:

They just recently said it crossed like 5M sales, which is baffling.

you gotta cast a very wide net in a shallow pond to catch the most fish 🧠🧠🧠

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

anilEhilated posted:

It's like gamers want bad.

Baldurs Gate 3 setting gamer expectations to impossibly high levels only for the entire video games industry to be single handedly saved at the last moment by Todd Howard himself

:worship:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

fez_machine posted:

Outer Worlds was Obsidian's first attempt at doing a Bethesda style RPG. I have faith that they've heard the feedback loud and clear plus are able to use the experience to make a better sequel. People say the DLC were better than the main game.

inXile is taking a crack at it! theirs is going to be called Clockwork Revolution

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2439280/Clockwork_Revolution/

a riff on Arcanum with some of the devs. I cannot imagine it being much better or worse. Im sure Ill end up playing it if its decent, and whatever tone deaf Steampunk crap that slips past a bunch of game developers isnt actually harmful or disgusting.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

fez_machine posted:

Isn't that a Bioshock-like rather than a Bethsoft-like?

it says stuff like "its a first person rpg from the people who brought you Arcanum" with "choices matter, butterfly effect narrative, blah blah nothing you havent heard before" so I couldnt tell you. the general look def gives off the same crappy negative emotional response as looking at Bioshock Infinite.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

FutureCop posted:

Highlighting a rather interesting demo I encountered: Erenshor: The Single Player MMORPG

As it says in the title, this game recreates an old-school MMORPG experience but is technically completely single-player and filled with bots to simulate other players: think games like .Hack, I suppose, but to a further degree. This isn't simulating newer MMORPGs like WoW though, this is very specifically old-school Everquest, where you're [H]ailing NPCs and typing in keywords to ask them about stuff, turning on auto-attack to beat up a skeleton and take his bone chips, checking enemies for their color-coded condition on whether they're safe to fight, listening to weird global chats and people auctioning their items, exploring dungeons and being careful not to aggro too much or get caught off-guard by respawns, and so on. I was really expecting it to just be nostalgia-bait, but I was pleasantly surprised at how fun it was to explore, finding hidden dungeons and quests with no obvious guidance.

I found it rather fascinating with the level of immersive simulation it does. For example, if you want to group up, you can literally type "LFG" in shout chat just like you would back then, and you'll get some responses from people in the area eventually that will make their way over to you: you'd expect that they would make it too convenient by having people teleport to you instantly, or to have some sort of modernized menu to facilitate grouping, but no, they are trying to recreate it authentically, for better or for worse. I tried typing "DING" into shout chat when I leveled up and sure enough, messages of "grats" filled the chat! I also found it amusing that it has a fake login screen, but some people were confused and afraid that it was using their credentials without their permission: it's almost too real!

Basically, if you liked Everquest and would like to play it again but find it too difficult to actually play with people on the old-school Project 99 servers, or you like other MMORPG-esque/exploration games like Morrowind or Gedonia or .Hack, consider checking out the demo and keep a look out for its eventual release.

this is really loving neat and novel but it also reminds me of like... digital methadone or some other insidious kind of poo poo like that

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

anilEhilated posted:

Yeah, I'm aware of that, but the story is just constructed in a specific way that makes me uncomfortable. I think it's been the case with several of the Marvel movies too - they try to give the villain nuance by giving them understandable backgrounds and ideologies and eventually realize "oops, this guy is in the right" so they have them do something completely insane and nonsensical to make the hero justified in beating them up. Osborn is easily the most repulsive character in the story and he gets away scot-free.

Realistic, sure, realism is extremely important in a comic book game.

I would not stress it.

if the Captain Marvel movie being a recruitment ad for the United States Air Force and a super hero character called "Black Panther" correctly defeating an anti-Imperialist, anti-CIA villain didnt inform you as to the political agenda of Marvel/Disney by now, I dont know what to tell you.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

anilEhilated posted:

Black Panther was what I mostly based that on. Haven't seen Captain Marvel and given your description, thank gently caress for that.

yeah. imo, it simply is not worth the mental real estate.

ultimately, grey morality nonsense, the villain getting away with it because we cant lower ourselves to his level, the characters of the show or movie or game coming ever so close to working together to look at things materially and then deciding, at the last moment, that the status quo of things MUST be upheld at all possible costs but harder this time because its the right thing to do, that's all media nonsense designed to keep you down, waste your time and resources, keep you fatigued, tired and bummed out. just dont bother.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Foul Fowl posted:

ds2 is the best one. the official power rankings are in fact as follows:

dark souls 2 / elden ring (aka dark souls 2, part II)
demon's souls (aka dark souls 2, part 0)
dark souls 3
dark souls 1

I dont have the reflexes for From games but my kid extremely definitely does, and just as a spectator only thats like "go wreck that tryhard and when he gets extra mad, stunlock him and then throw the fight" and "wtf that is some Lore there hold on" , I fully agree with this post

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
nice! I didnt really read any of that, but who doesnt love a good yarn about a sad robot? :thanks:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

no kidding lol. getting very bad vibes from just this

yikes

I bet they have some strong opinions on Final Fantasy 9 😬

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Serephina posted:

I've heard chatter about it, but this is the first time I've laid eyes on it. It's reallllly aping that WoW graphical style (not a fan), then follows the War3 PvE pattern of creeping (unforgivable), and I'm not really a fan of the super-short ranged attacks and blobby-ness of it all.

As a huge RTS buff, this is such a hard pass, shame.

My friend tried it and immediately uninstalled. He said it barely functions.

The only amusing part is how a bunch of long time Bliz devs quit/retired before July 2021 went down, and then they started announcing new projects like hell when the coast was clear... which seem to be bearing really lovely fruit! Should be fun enough to spectate.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

hell yeah

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
GAAS is here to stay, baby! Let the good times roll 😎

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Perestroika posted:

This is doubly insane cause from playing the betas the game is manifestly looking Not Great. Like, you can certainly have fun with it and at some point I'll prolly play it if I can get it on a sale because I'm starved for tallship games, but in terms of quality it's very much a $40 game at best. It doesn't even have particularly good graphics or production values. Of all the games to try and start the "quadruple A" thing with, this one is super extremely not it.

I saw an ad on Instagram today that had footage of Michelle Rodriguez, whose Hollywood persona seems to be now "somebody's dorky aunt who used to be a badass in her 20's," telling me how great the game is.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I hope they do not back down on "AAAA Gaming" but instead spend a lot of money on a big marketing push for the term.

Please, Ubi... :pray:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Mozi posted:

This video should help clear things up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUtdAtSA29s

wow

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Kaddish posted:

Yeah I played the closed beta and agree with this. The game isn’t garbage. But definitely not a $60 or $70 game.

:wrong:
actually, it's AAAA

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

lol

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

FishMcCool posted:

ARPGs are mobile clickers with a movement mechanic on top.

theyre slot machines with cool graphics and music that you can play in privacy

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

FrickenMoron posted:

It also probably doesn't help that 85% of the steam userbase can't even play Immortals of Aveum because of the ridiculous hardware requirements.

uh, they should be purchasing new rigs every other year for the latest AAA and AAAA live service gaming experiences? what the hell is stopping them?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

I said come in! posted:

A is a loving stupid letter anyways. Waiting on S-tier games to become a thing before I get back into gaming.

my credit card trembles in anticipation

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Anno posted:

“Indie” means “small budget/small team” to some and “the developer doesn’t have a separate publisher/investor/whatever” to some others. I think the latter is arguably more useful but they’re both kinda messy these days imo.

Indie Games are made by Auteur Devs who want to teach you an important lesson. They have 2D pixel art (because Auteur Devs are not art guys) and come in heavily discounted Bundles. Thank you, Gaben!

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
A toaster can't bake! Snakes aren't slimy! What nonsense are you nerds spouting next, that bats aren't bugs?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Megazver posted:

It's not a big budget combat + narrative game, it'll be on the lists but no nominations for GOTY.

humm. video games are nothing without sex and violence....

:thunk:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

err posted:

number go up rear end game

:owned:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
wtf? why would Wario64 use a weird referral link? I thought they just did it for love of scoops and deals...

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Framboise posted:

Balatro loving rules and it's going to be a hard contender for my game of the year.

Balatro doesn't have violence, narrative, cutscenes. It didn't cost $300 million dollars worth of investor money. It acknowledges gambling exists. It's just gameplay? WTF kind of video game is just gameplay? WTF? That's just too many strikes against it.

Sorry, it is up against the true GOTY 2024 contender, Skull and Bones. No competition.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

ninjoatse.cx posted:

What do people use to stop the windows key from stealing focus of the game to open the start menu? Google suggests enabling Gaming Mode on windows but that doesn't do crap.

I take a butter knife and pop it out lol

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
dont sweat it. I loved and still do love DOS2 but BG3 is indeed much much better

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
DOS3 will be godly :pray:

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Is there a quick way to see unpurchased DLC Soundtracks for games you own?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Tiny Timbs posted:

Multiplayer is the worst lol

that sounds like something somebody who doesnt care about the extremely serious high end meta of Helldivers 2 would say 🤨

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Countblanc posted:

Vtuber just means a streamer who uses an avatar instead of a face cam

what!? do they change the sound of their voices as well???? how absolutely lurid and scandalous etc etc

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
speaking of tubers, whats the deal with Brotato? I dont think theres anything for me to "get" other than that it is a preference, but I have a friend who direly liked it more than Vampire Survivors. i bought it, played it a little, and it never clicked for me? I thought the levels felt way too small and penned in. I think maybe he said the super short rounds are the draw?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

ShadowMar posted:

valve just obliterated like (no exaggeration) 800 games off the platform, all of them connected to the scammers who put up the fake helldivers 2/palworld/tarkov/etc store pages

You end up missing 100% of the shots you don't take, you know?

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Jerusalem posted:

Now I'm no law-guy-who-says-the-things-in-court guy, but I'm pretty sure that's like, fraud, right?

legally speaking, its true hustle grindset

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
What exactly has been happening with Paradox? I never had a Paradox game really consume my life and spare time, but they've been failing to catch so often lately that I just naturally gravitated away from them

I think that Rome game was the one that made me go "eh, perhaps I should stop paying attention"