Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

You didn't say that, you said "Sekiro is not a Souls game", so its pretty telling you can't even stand by the inane bullshit you responded to me with.

"Am I so out of touch?"
"No, it's the thread that is wrong."

You literally ignore every point people make.

I say, "This is very difficult, like all FROM games, but includes none of the mechanics that justify that level of challenge."

You say, "Heh, don't play Armored Core, which is also very hard and includes all of the mechanics to justify that level of challenge, and even includes narrative stuff if you keep failing missions."

I say, "I do. All of their games feature these mechanics, even their first, King's Field 1."

Where's your answer on that? None, because it annihilates your argument. You pivot to saying I'm mad because DMC doesn't play like Zelda, but DMC includes difficulty modes so someone who hasn't ever played one can enjoy the story and game on an easier difficulty, which Sekiro does not offer, and even punishes you for.

I'm just going to keep repeating this criticism because you are literally incapable of engaging with it like an actual thinking human being - Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice(2019) could benefit from an easier difficulty setting, because many aspects of it are quite similar to other From Software games while having none of the mechanics Every Single Other From Software Game players can use to mitigate difficulty(summons, grinding, a massive variety in build possibilities, usually over a hundred weapon choices).

have you considered getting good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Foul Fowl posted:

i always demand respect from my games. for my time, my money, my life choices. i want those games to look at me like a marine looks at the sergeant when the sergeant says, you maggot, you loving worm, you're a dum bfucking rear end in a top hat, which is also what i say to the video games when i'm playing them and they don't respect me

More games should just have a slider for how much they respect you

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

haha what posted:

my favourite fact about sentient is that they recorded an entire soundtrack for the game, and its pretty good too! but its not on the game disc because i guess they ran out of space?

so its included separately to play in a cd player while u play lol

Sentient is an amazing thing, really ambitious for its time. Also a game I would probably never play myself, but I greatly enjoyed SuperGreatFriend's blind LP of it.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Foul Fowl posted:

what game is this

Sentient, a DOS/PS1 game from the 90s. Here's SGF's blind playthrough of it: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaSPgE4K0SB2BfYFVQWQYc_igiW4H2h-N

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

PantsBandit posted:

Is...is that a turd on her shoulder...

Do you want it to be? I mean, is that your thing? NIS don't judge, they'll take care of you. Just let them know.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

atholbrose posted:

Another tip, always make your own characters and roll until you have more than 25 bonus points.

Now there is a true Wizardry sentence. Sudden PTSD of rerolling characters like a million times as a kid to try and get a ninja and a lord in my party to start.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
There's a demo for The Last Starship that's probably worth checking out if you like Rimworld/Dwarf Fortress style colony building stuff, but on a spaceship that can travel and do quests. From Introversion (Uplink, Darwinia, Prison Architect, DEFCON). I haven't checked out this demo, but I imagine it's the same as the playtest builds which I've been checking out and are pretty cool as an alpha/proof of concept if you're into this kind of game.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jack Trades posted:

The reasonable way to play that game is either get it on GOG or to ask some sailors for help.

Shenmue?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
It's not really a "game" but I wanted to praise Placid Plastic Duck Simulator for a second.

The Steam Description posted:

A relaxing 3D environment where you experience life as a rubber duck, Placid Plastic Duck Simulator is an experiment to induce calm and bliss. You're up for a reinvigorating stay at your favorite seaside pool.

You are not alone. Different ducks will slowly and happily fall into the pool with you, each with their own style and demeanor.

Float on the water, sunbathe, dip your beak, go down the slide. The radio is playing a nostalgic tune.
Here comes the night. Look at the stars. Turn off the radio, listen to the waves in the dark. Dream.
The sun is rising. The sky is blue. Slide down into the second pool.
An airplane is rushing somewhere, there's stuff to do.
Not for you.

Live in the present moment, enjoy life.

Everything is going to be alright.

Basically, it's a nice looking pool with pretty music in the background and every so often a new plastic duck drops into it and bobs around. There's a lot of different ducks and they do different things. Some are stone and sink to the bottom of the pool. Some shoot fire. Some can fly a little. Some shoot water. They interact with each other sometimes, like the fire shooting duck can set others on fire. Some new ducks "unlock" after certain things happen. You can select a few different viewpoints, or follow a specific duck around, or let it go into cinematic mode and it'll switch from duck to duck on its own. There's two environments (if you buy the DLC), a summer pool and a winter ski lodge.

For such a dumb thing, a surprising amount of love seems to have gone into it and if you miss having, like, a pretty screensaver to just put up on your monitor and have running while you do other things, this is cool. Maybe most importantly, it's only $1.99, with three DLCs (one has the new ice area, the other two are just more ducks) that are also $1.99 each, or you can get a bundle with with the base game and all the DLC for $6.76 (15% off).

It makes me happy :unsmith:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

explosivo posted:

Steam discussion forums have always been a cesspool but it feels like more so recently every new release is flooded with poo poo like that; people (kids) complaining that it costs too much, complaining that it's "woke" because it has women/POC in it, complaining that the female protagonist isn't hot enough (???, Returnal), etc.. Just a lot of trolls farming for troll stickers or whatever or just assholes spamming threads about complete nonsense and it's crazy that it just happens unchecked I guess. Sometimes it's nice checking in to see the current temperature of the playerbase on a game to see if updates have improved it and it's getting increasingly harder to do through Steam because trolls and general loving assholes gum up the works.

Yeah, at the very least, never look at a steam forum for a game until after it's been out for like, six months. Maybe a year. Then it settles into people who actually play it and care, instead of just edgelords.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Sab669 posted:

Whats your Spec look like?

Music feels insanely good on my high CHA guy. Like a full party of 4, now that I've completed the Merchant's Guild, is enough to slaughter most encounters. If I really want to partcipate in some glorious overkill I also have an ability that summons 2 clones of each Companion, so myself included that's 13 things running at a boss monster or group of monsters I've aggrod.

I wish I understood better how the tree works when I created the character, I probably would've allocated my stats differently. I wasted a few points in Archery before I realized there's really no reason to stop playing Music in order to attack with regular weapons.

As someone who bought this game but hasn't really played it yet, and who loves pet classes in things, I would love to hear you lay out an optimal spec on this now that you know what you're doing.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Sab669 posted:

For your base stats, I would recommend:

Awesome! Thanks for the write up, I will give it a shot.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

ymgve posted:

Are there any good treepunchers/survival games that don't have that dumb "periodic attacks on your base" mechanic? I seem to recall you can turn it off in Grounded at least.

edit: also Satisfactory, since the monsters can't harm your factory at all

Planet Crafter has no enemies at all.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Leal posted:

Played a few hours of Sons of the Forest with my brother. There was this lady with a third arm and leg hanging around, non hostile and would panic when hostiles did show up. After a few days she just walked right up to our door, murmured something and gave us a blackberry. Now she hangs around the area and seems to tend to our crops.

You can give her a gun and she'll help fend off mutants. Or multiple weapons (since she has all them arms).

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Pigbuster posted:

It's great. Presentation is, as you say, very good; the story card art in particular is gorgeous. There are a lot of neat, unexpected mechanics. You basically have two separate decks+hands of abilities or playing cards, with playing cards replenishing to a full hand of 5 after every entity's turn, and all cards are kept between rounds and even between encounters, so it's very tempting to hold on to as much as you can. The way defense works is also interesting - you can only defend with the same amount of cards as an attack, so if an enemy throws a single ace at you it doesn't matter if you have a pair of kings - you can only defend with one of them and lose. One sneaky trick against an enemy attacking with a single ace you can't beat is to morph one of their cards into a pair you can beat, since the AI prioritizes pairs and switches to it.

I've been playing this too, it's quite good. There's a series of story missions which can be played at four different difficulty levels (I think, I beat it through once and unlocked the second one, and they are labeled as seasons so four makes sense) and also a kind of Slay the Spire-esque non-story tree mode which also has different difficulties.

The five characters play pretty differently. If I had a complaint, it's that the last two you unlock feel way more powerful and interesting to me than the earlier ones.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

explosivo posted:

Yeah I truly don't care about online stuff, prob just going to play against CPU's to see what the game is about. I imagine anyone left playing 2 online are going to be real nasty fuckers.

BB2 is well made. The AI is kind of weak but if you just want to figure out the game and have fun whomping the CPU and leveling up your guys and killing opponent players then it's fun. I've played a bunch of it that way because I don't care enough to actually get good.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Bumhead posted:

Same here. I'm looking forward to buying a years worth of games, to add to the years worth of games I bought 3 months ago that I haven't played yet.

As always, I'm excited to look at the hundreds of games on my wish list on deep discount and realize I don't actually want to buy any of this poo poo even for $3

(but also leave them on all on there because maybe SOMEDAY I might be that bored...)

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I bought like three games off my wishlist during the Steam sale and then ended up playing a game I already own but hadn't played in years (Deep Rock Galactic) all weekend instead.

in other news, Deep Rock Galactic is still pretty great

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Volte posted:

There were definitely desktop applications that were like that. My dad had multiple huge floppy containers dedicated to individual programs. I think Microsoft Office 3.0 was on like 100 floppies or something.

Yeah, I'm remembering when a Windows install was 25 floppies and you had to pray the whole time that like disc 22 didn't somehow go bad since the last time you used it

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Sab669 posted:

Anyone planning on snagging Terra Nil today? I've had it wishlisted for a while but only played the demo yesterday. Seems neat but not sure if I'll get $25 worth out of it.

The one comment I've seen that makes me hesitant is that the whole campaign can be beaten in like five hours. Then, each level has an "alternate" version that's a bit trickier and can add another 4-5 hours. And there's some replayability since the maps are procedural generated. I don't know, like you say, the $25 price tag sounds like it might be heavy for that; I'm probably going to wait for more impressions or a sale.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

exquisite tea posted:

I pay for the quality of the experience, not the quantity of hours. Also I buy whatever I want cause I’m rich, who cares.

Different people have different standards for how much $ per hour matters to them, and that's okay and good. For me, depends not only on available cash but also how many other games I'm actively playing, how much I'm looking for something new, how hyped I was for the game to begin with, etc. It's not my main deciding thing, but it at least plays into whether I make a "buy it on launch" or "wait for a sale" decision.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

OgNar posted:

Tainted Grail out today.
It is in early access as games are these days, supposedly made by 1 guy, or was, not sure if still.
I took the plunge and snagged it.
It is very much a non Bethesda Elder Scrolls game.
Combat feels fine, haven't really tried magic much though yet.
Spells are equipable, so its not like you get a ton at hand to use, though you can dual hand 2 at a time.

There is a wheel, but thats just to access your loadouts or 3 slotted consumables.
I would say that if you like Skyrim then its probably enjoyable.
It is pretty dark overall, but looks good.

There doesnt seem to be an option for gamma yet, or to change keybinds away from WASD.
Though he has said soon in the multiple threads asking.
Stuff like archery and athletics are leveled by using those skills.
So running and jumping like a madman is mandatory.
You start out at 5 str, 5 dex, 5 end etc and get a point on each level, plus a point for a perk, standard fare

Huh, apparently I just have this one since I early access backed the Tainted Grail deckbuilder one. That's nice of them.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Squiggle posted:

Yeah just to pile on, the food and water is just pointless busywork that really feels like it's there to arbitrarily stress you during the early game. Disable it, oxygen management is enough.

Yeah, that was the thing for me. If it ever felt like there was some particular challenge to food and water, I would have left it on, but it was really just an annoyance more than anything.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

DerekSmartymans posted:

Goddamn it, Creepy Watson should be in every game.

Every time you maneuver your ship 180° in Everspace 2, Watson just behind you in a tweed astronaut suit…

Maybe he is. Maybe in most games he's just fast enough to stay behind you.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Serephina posted:

I've refunded 40 items to my bank account, mostly within the past few years, and not had a single snippy email from them. The warnings may be toothless, but I'm wondering how hard you guys are going to actually get them.

I got the warning email once when I refunded like 8 games during the course of a Steam sale.

But in general, I refund a lot of games (maybe like one or two a month?) and I never have a problem otherwise. I also always refund to Steam wallet so I imagine they care less when its money staying in their ecosystem. I play a lot of weird indie simulator jank games, so I'm sure they aren't surprised by reasons like "this constantly crashes," "this doesn't work at all," and "game didn't match the description/screenshots"

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

No Wave posted:

You realize the current refund policy is very, very good for steam? This isnt a charity easy returns means more games I try means more purchases. The refund policy is one of steam's biggest draws.

Yeah that's the big reason I don't feel bad about it. I buy a ton of games I wouldn't otherwise because I'm not hesitant to give them a try.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Khanstant posted:

I told my little sister my steam password so she could access family share even though I promised Gabe I would never tell my password to anyone.

become ingovernable

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I wish there was a REALLY GOOD space trucker game. Elite Dangerous is probably the best in that category, but it's boring doing trade runs there for the most part. Give me a game where I can do long hauls that take awhile but I have to adjust course and deal with equipment malfunctions. Like I want something that's more about keeping the ship on course and running and dealing with environmental hazards to make deliveries, and less about every issue just being space pirates again.

I feel like the closest might be Objects in Space, but that almost seems like a submarine game and it's pretty simplistic. Doing the component upgrades on all the device boards is a really neat idea, though.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Communist Bear posted:

Shadows of Doubt is being released today (in 4 hours actually).
It was very much a highlight of the last Next Fest demo and i'm looking forward to seeing how it progresses.

Only had time to check it out for a few minutes after it released, but it seems to be running much better than the demo did for me in terms of optimization, which is great since that was my main complaint with the demo.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Oh man, Consortium. I really liked the first one, there were different interactions that actually led to story paths in an Alpha Protocol kind of way. But it basically ended on a cliffhanger. And they Kickstarted the sequel, the Tower, and then released a totally unfinished version in Early Access and left it to die for years.

I got an email a few days ago saying that I get Consortium Remastered for free since I owned the original Consortium but they are no longer supporting it (and I wouldn't be surprised if it's being delisted or something), and shilling Consortium VR. But the funniest part for me is this:

quote:

We are confident that our recent releases will enable us to establish an accurate completion budget for Consortium: THE TOWER.

Rest assured, Consortium: THE TOWER remains an active project at iDGi.The Early Access 4.15 build, available on Steam since late 2019, signifies the completion of Phase One of production. While the development process has been lengthy and complex, our original vision for THE TOWER has not changed. Please checkout the following post for more information on our motivations and plans as a company moving forward:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/626250/discussions/0/3829791007686976119/

We are nearing completion of CONSORTIUM VR / Remastered, bringing us closer to commencing Phase Two of Consortium: THE TOWER's production. We have begun integrating the latest CONSORTIUM VR / Remastered features and content into THE TOWER, with plans to release "Alpha 2.0" later this year.

For context, they funded Consortium the Tower on Kickstarter in 2013. This game was released in Early Access in 2017. And you're now saying you hope reselling the original as a remaster and a VR edition would "enable you to establish an accurate completion budget" for it?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Brightman posted:

Shadows of Doubt is great, it's pretty buggy but they all seem like simple bugs, just a lot of them. Performance optimization is probably the biggest hurdle after content, the random murders are fine but sometimes they can be a bit simple.

Unless you miss obvious evidence like I did during probably my favorite murder case I've solved so far. After my initial investigation I thought my only leads were a fingerprint, and where the victim worked. No previous calls, no suspicious emails, no notes of a meeting at a diner, nothing else. So I go to where they work, make a big mess of it, giant to-do for no reason, but I eventually discover gently caress and all. None of the employees have anything to do with the murder, all different fingerprints, there was a nice diamond to steal in a desk, but no other leads. So I go to their spouse's workplace and wouldn't you know it, nothing again. So back to the apartment I go, where after another 10 minutes of looking around I find a balled up note, under the bed, with the killer's fingerprints on it, and it just says "let's play a game" and then has a word jumble that spells their name. They live in the apartment below the victim and refuse to answer my questions no matter how much money I have...but when I knock again later and their partner answers I don't have to pay a dime to get inside, get their fingerprints, find the gun, and arrest the murderer. Could've had it done in like 5 minutes if I had found that note. Whoops.

Another murder happened 5 minutes after I finished that one. I did a pretty thorough investigation but still only had a fingerprint, BU, and a few shoeprints that didn't match the residents or the enforcer guarding the door. On my way to their workplace I stop in a convenience store, I recognize the clerks name and think "weren't they the lady I arrested for a side-job hours ago?" so I break into the back room to find out. While going through the employee records I find hers and recognize the old fingerprint, U, so I guess that arrest didn't stick or they're out on bail. I check the other records...fingerprint BU...I found the murderer by loving chance. Prints, name, photo, etc. Probably the fastest murder case I've solved.

My favorite case wasn't a murder, someone had a jade necklace walk-off while they were out. They told me it was probably someone they knew and the times when they were out etc. I searched for evidence and found ziltch in their apartment. Decided to scan the front door for prints thinking they'd have to touch it to get in probably, found a print labeled AA which didn't match the occupants, so I start by getting prints from their co-workers' records, none are AA. I look at the person's address book and just start going through people in their building. Their neighbor across the hall has an AA print. So I wait for them to leave, break-in, and toss the place. No necklace. Part of the task is to wreck up the culprit's apartment in revenge (optional). So I toss some of their booze on the floor, drink all their milk, vomit in the trash, and toss the carton on the couch. I throw something throw the window breaking it and decide to go to the person's workplace to see if they have the necklace in a locker or something. They work in a factory cafeteria. Lot of security, big hassle, they had no locker. At this point the first murder case I mentioned starts up and I get into that, it's in the same building, so it was convenient. In the middle of that I find a security room on like the 7th floor and it has security footage, so I check the second floor's footage during the times mentioned and there's one of the person's co-workers who lives across town in a basement lurking about. I go over there, find the necklace, skip trashing the place cause they had no kitchen to supply it and gently caress grabbing outside trash. Case complete, with one neighbor's apartment loving destroyed because they touched another neighbor's door once. My bad.

I'm gonna go see if I can figure out the last side-job I accepted where the only instructions I received were "Ask the staff for Garcia". No idea which staff at what business...so...not too hopeful about solving this one.

It's very cool how just through the procedural nature of it you can get totally misled. I had a murder victim and I found a dating site email on her computer which connected her to someone, and then said they weren't a match after they met, so I figured he probably killed her out of rejection rage since I didn't find any other clues. Only info I had was that it was a a nurse with green eyes, first name Timothy. So I go breaking into all the hospital wards, riffling through their employee files, finally find Tim the nurse...and he had a fingerprint type that wasn't at the crime scene, no incriminating evidence in his apartment, just zero evidence he ever did anything wrong in his life. So, after robbing him blind, I mean, collecting evidence, I went back to square one, went to the woman's place where she worked, and that one fingerprint on the murder weapon from the crime scene was just everywhere in her office. Turns out it was her office manager, who had psycho poetry all over her apartment and a bottle of poison on her when I arrested her.

I also enjoyed the side mission to humiliate somewhere where the only clue they gave me was the building where the person worked and their salary. I broke into four different security offices, dug through all the files, finally found a salary match, and beaned her in the head with an apple while she was working. Humiliation complete! Then she pulled a gun and chased me down the street while I ran like hell. Great game.

Estel posted:

Yeah, you can disable each of the status effects in the gameplay options.

This is key, especially since you can change it at any time. I love being able to just turn off hunger and thirst for awhile when I don't feel like dealing with it.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Finally beat the first murder in Shadows of Doubt that I had real trouble with. I'm not sure if the relative lack of evidence was due to a bug, or just early access jank, or because this murder happened outside or what, but I almost gave up on this one a few times. All I really had was one fingerprint and the approximate time of death. But we got there eventually.

What a fun game!

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Mordecai posted:

Lengthy Shadows of Doubt trip report. I've solved two fairly simple murder cases and one fairly complex case.

So despite the procgen nature of things, it does seem like there are a few "set" missions, although the particulars can change. I also had a word jumble at the crime scene one, but in my case it wasn't the victim's partner and I actually ended up just piecing it together from the phone book (it was a short set of letters with only one vowel so it didn't take that much searching to suss it out).

I also had a lipstick killer, except mine happened in an alleyway which made it even more of a pain since there was no real evidence and almost zero leads aside from the fingerprint on the lipstick. I put it together, like you, after a lot of just accosting everyone who had the right build and going from the "victim plus letter" writing (which I couldn't actually see because a vending machine was blocking it, but I read in the newspaper), and finally just bumbled into my killer.

I also had a similar one with a toy car instead of the lipstick, but at least there was a way to track down the toy car, so that was easier.

Aside from those I have had a good number of just regular murders where I tracked down the killer by fingerprints, witness testimonials, etc, so they aren't all those kind of special cases, but I hope every time you retire a detective and start a new city, you don't end up with one anagram murder, one lipstick murder, and all that. Of course, this is still the first week of early access, so I imagine there might be a lot more variety to come still.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Deakul posted:

That's a shame, maybe it'll be a mod.

It does stop at each crossroads automatically, so you can take as much time to decide and check the map as you want before each branch. I remember in the really early access versions you had to decide on the fly or come to a stop quickly.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Kennel posted:

well, then...

e.

Anyway, looks pretty neat.

well glad to hear it's consistent with the original

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

woke kaczynski posted:

Same, it's definitely a cut above the rest. There's a lot I'd like to see but it's a very solid early access base to build on.

It's another one of these, but a very good one of these. I like the retro style and the pacing of it is a little more methodical.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Artelier posted:

Halls of Torment only clicked with me when I finally got around to doing the second map, which had me rescue a guy right from the start, and that guy became an equipment monger, so every run I get a few different effects to choose from before descending. Which took maybe the first hour of gameplay overall? Technically I could have done the second map instantly iirc, but...why would I.

Game good though, really enjoy the enemy/dodging required variety as well.

I liked it from the start but it really clicked for me when I got the Exterminator because wading through crowds of demons and skeletons with a flamethrower rules

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jack Trades posted:

Watch Dogs 2 is surprisingly great. It's the only good game Ubisoft has made in ages.
I found a lot of the characters to be at least somewhat endearing, and I'm the kind of person that has an extremely low tolerance for modern "funny" character quip cringe and "Whedonisms".

Also...in my opinion at least, it has one of the few good autism representations in gaming. Or in media in general actually. It's super rare.

Nah it still sucks even then. Even ignoring the main character all the events are boring or suck and all the other character also either boring or suck. Except Jordi, he can stay.

Doing all the missions remotely, using drones and hacking, without even entering the building IS the cool and the unique thing. Of course you would do it 90% of the time. Because it loving rules.

My favorite thing was calling in a hitman to kill one of the gang members in the building and then calling a SWAT team to come get the hitman and just strolling in through the resulting chaos to achieve my mission objective. I mean, I'm not killing anyone, it's just all these other assholes, right?

I liked that game a lot, especially after how disappointing the first one was.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
As someone with an absurd amount of time in ATS/ETS and also Elite Dangerous, I'm drooling over Star Trucker

https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256950990/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1686417076

Has a steam page up already to wishlist it even though it's scheduled for 2024: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2380050/Star_Trucker/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Scalding Coffee posted:

My Friendly Neighborhood looks like an interesting setting and a breather between big name games.

I watched someone play the demo of it awhile back and it seemed pretty neat.