Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

what's a cd?

It was a physical authentication token. Games used to have 2FA where you would type in a one time use code and then insert the token into your disc drive to allow the game to run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think there is supposed to be a remastered Dark Forces sometime.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I really want to be interested in brew barons, but I know all that cool poo poo in the trailer is probably hours and hours past a bunch of boring stuff.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

lordfrikk posted:

The announcement on their Discord reads like written by a lawyer lol

Wow, we had no idea that people would use our software for piracy. Believe me when I say that this is a total shock that people were using this for illegal stuff. Anyways.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The OLED switch was released in order to get people to buy systems with the recovery mode patched out. As far as I know, the OLED switch can't be hacked without a mod chip. I think they got nvidia to spin up a better version of the tegra chip for switch 2, so I assume they specifically told them not to have a recovery mode accessible on it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

sebmojo posted:

they sued Rockstar for royalties for RDR 2 lol

I guess they made up because Rockstar sent the pinkertons after the people who did FiveM before they eventually just gave up and bought FiveM.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Wouldn't Nintendo be able to prove that one of the purposes of yuzu was for piracy when they were releasing fixes for TotK before the game even came out? Before the game is out, no consumer would have a legally obtained backup, so they couldn't claim that it was just an innocent emulator of legally obtained game backups. Unless they planned to argue that everyone working on it and everyone using it just happened to be the lucky benefactor of retailer shipping errors.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Barb: gone
Gunk: juiced

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Do we know when the games will be retired? Will they still be there for the steam sale next week? Who am I kidding, WB won't discount them for the sale anyway.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
These games have been on the ea app forever. Also, if you have PC gamepass, I think it still gives you a free EA sub while it's active. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if buying on steam isn't just giving you the license in the EA app like other games do. I own the jedi games on steam but it still launches the EA app to play them.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I wonder if that's something 86box could do.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Scorn is also sexy.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Dang, I haven't thought of that game in a long time. I never played it but I watched a goon do an LP of it years ago, it seemed really cool.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

The involved parties should get a time period to be able to prove they own it or lose any claim after a certain number of years or something. This is stupid.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Orv posted:

Enshrining copyright law is, not joking, one of the oldest mistakes of America. We will be paying for it forever.

I don't like copyright but this is even dumber. These companies don't even know if they own something. I can see an argument for if a company makes something, they want to claim ownership of it forever. But in cases like this, the company that made it is gone, the people who made it often want the ownership to transfer to the people that want to preserve it, but some big corporation bought a company that bought a company that they think might have owned a portion of the thing, so they block it because they have more lawyers.

For something that has been abandoned, you should be able to go to court and say that anyone who claims ownership of the thing needs to provide proof within a certain amount of time or lose their claim. Especially since, in this case, WB who clearly had some ownership was willing to work with them to a point, but Fox, who thinks maybe they own a piece, wants to block it. And then you have to pay fox to get them to prove they own it. gently caress off.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Kragger99 posted:

RE: Pacific Drive - are there any game mechanics that force you to move on from an area instead of thoroughly it - like a timer or enemies/threats building up?

e: vvv thanks for the replies!

Looks like everything else has been covered, but I'll add that the game forcing you out of an area isn't really that big of a deal. The loot is all random and it's all just "press collect all" type stuff. There are a few loot types that you will want to run up and snag if you see it, like plasma, but most things are just "it was in this container, and now it's in my trunk" type stuff. There has only been one time when I've seen something and the impending circle forced me to abandon investigating it. Other than that, you can always just make another run into the zone and loot stuff. The randomness of the buildings and loot often means that sometimes you get a good run, and sometimes it's a crapshoot. There are times where I make my way into an irradtiated building that looks all crazy, and then there's a single garbage can with two fabrics in it and that's it. Just take what you can get and move on towards your objective.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm at the point where a MP game needs to either be free, on game pass, or whoever wants to play it with me needs to buy it for me because I'm tired of wasting money on MP games that are dead within a few months.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's one of their themed sales. It's games that have springs in them.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
lol They didn't put the adult swim games on sale. Nice.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Mr.Acula posted:

Anyone else have a Logitech keyboard that has been acting fucky for a while? (ignoring inputs or multiplying them sometimes) It seems to only happen when i have a game open or firefox. I feel like it might be some conflict with the cheap 2nd monitor im using or GHub is just being garbage as usual would be my first guess but im not a great computer toucher. :shrug:

Is it bluetooth? That sounds like interference.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It does have a demo.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Impermanent posted:

Should I play jedi survivor before fallen order

Do you watch Empire Strikes back before A New Hope?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The plot of Survivor is a continuation of Fallen Order.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Yeah Fallen Order is a lot more linear. You have the bogling planet that is somewhat open, but most planets you go to are linear, or have a few different paths that are still pretty much linear. Both games have a gameplay loop of going to a mission planet to unlock new abilities and then that unlocks new areas of the hub planet, but Fallen Order's hub planet is pretty small vs Survivor's. But Fallen Order isn't that long and it's a neat story I think. It kind of just ends and you will want more, and then you immediately have Survivor to play and it is a lot more open with lots of things you can do.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

explosivo posted:

I thought people were being hyperbolic saying there were only three servers, if that's legit that is actually hilarious and kind of inexcusable.

They added more a few hours later, but they indeed launched the game with only 3 MP servers.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Mr.Acula posted:

Im surprised enough people bought the game at this price to even fill the servers

I'm guessing they had accountants asking them how many players they expected to have in six months and then told them to just have that many servers and just weather in initial rush until it normalized at 3 servers worth.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I have 138 things on my wishlist. It's mostly stuff I wish I was into, games I would play in another world where I have the attention span to learn them, and games that I would play if they popped up on gamepass and I could just download them but don't want to spend money on them. Then there's the games I send to the top that aren't out yet that I plan to get. Every once in a while I go through and realize I've had a game on my wishlist since 2016 and it's clear I'm never going to get it so I remove it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Coming up on 10 years since I added this to my wishlist. I'll never buy it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If her eyesight is bad, a little to the left might be frustrating.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Ripper Swarm posted:

Hello steam thread, I have been on a puzzle game kick over the past few weeks and wrote up some thoughts on the new (to me) games I played!

---
You must now unlock the silver door. Do so by placing the following puzzle games in each gap to create the correct sequence:
____ > Portal 2 = Return of the Obra Dinn > ____ > ____ > ____ > ____

-The Witness
-The Turing Test
-The Entropy Centre
-The Outer Wilds
-The Case Of The Golden Idol

Have you played The Talos Principle? If not, I highly recommend it. I bought The Witness and The Talos Principle at the same time. I started out in Talos Principle and enjoyed it, but it felt really full of itself with all the religion stuff. So then I played The Witness which seemed more neutral. The irony is that Talos Principle is actually not full of itself. Sure, it's a bit heavy handed sometimes, but it's a fun puzzle game and also a really neat story about a robot figuring itself out. I played The Witness until it went so far up its own rear end that I got sick of it. The narrative was pissing me off, and the puzzles weren't fun anymore.

I haven't played Talos Principle 2 yet aside from some of the demo, but I intend to get to it eventually.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Serephina posted:

Yea, every time this comes up I feel obligated to opine that The Witness feels like a poor attempt at what Talos knocked out of the park. The Witness is a textbook example of 'pretentiousness', and I rue all the time I spent trying to connect all the early game quotes.

I should have stopped playing The Witness when it required me to sit and watch a 10 minute video to finally connect a puzzle.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Chants of Senaar is very good.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think he was crying because Soulja boy didn't understand braid and was clowning on it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I have a pretty lax day today and wanted to play some Jedi Survivor. Turns out something hosed up and my controller buttons are all jacked. The start button doesn't open the menu unless I mash it. The map button opens the map once ever 20-30 presses, but it does evade every time I push it. The evade button jumps. My controller works fine in any other game. Also the camera sensitivity is off the charts. I tried resetting controller settings. I tried changing the steam controller settings. I tried launching through just the EA app. Nothing works. So annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Is the space base game the one where they drastically changed what the game was and then abandoned it when people got mad?