Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

hello

i quit my computer-touching job about six weeks ago, and it's been an enormous relief.

unfortunately, stressing about income and bills and things is reducing that relief, so i will probably look for something more permanent and structured than Uber driving sometime soon. my plan was to sell artwork to the horny people of the internet, but i can't seem to get focused enough to get that off the ground. undiagnosed adhd? probably.

anyway, wish me luck as well?? :yotj:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Please remove me from this chain.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

BUT THEY HAVE AN APP NOW!!!!

the recruiters there very recently stopped talking to me when i told them i would not be installing their app and loading my information into it

"i have these great opportunities in hand i want i talk with you about! install the app so you can see the job descriptions!"

maybe just send me the refs if you're so excited to be representing me?? maybe??

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

GreenNight posted:

I hosed up on this. I started with 0 hours. Ugh.

me too!! very recently as well

but, my place lets you go into arrears with it, so i can still take my april vacation and get paid.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

my new boss is obsessed with chatgpt. i don't know how to tell him that sending an obviously ai-generated response to every email makes him look like a disingenuous turd.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Congrats, Witch!!!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

A Frosty Witch posted:

:yotj:

My unemployment dried up a month ago so looks like Target has a new junior member to stock shelves.

Thus ends the saga of larchesdanrew.

It's been wild y'all :unsmith:

Don't give up. :shobon:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Best of luck, Witch!!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

HEY FROSTY WITCH ANY UPDATES ON THAT JOB INTERVIEW?

i'm shouting to make sure she hears me all the way up in portland

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I am VERY happy to hear that, Witch!! Your "the story is over" post was really worrying, so it's extra relieving to see you rewarded for your perseverance.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

this is weird but so well done that i can't hate it (assuming it's real and not just AI art or some poo poo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Nighthand posted:

What language are those keys in?

my attention to detail is lacking