Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

[Reply all] guys, stop using reply all!
Also %colleague% is not able to load the new thread ever since he decided to trim the excess slack on the wires coming from his hard drive monitor. He did a real tidy job of duct taping the ends back together again, so that can't be the issue. It's the server mainframe maybe down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

No! The logs got backed up!!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

my cat is norris posted:

my new boss is obsessed with chatgpt. i don't know how to tell him that sending an obviously ai-generated response to every email makes him look like a disingenuous turd.

Sounds like a job for ChatGPT.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Tapedump posted:

Is there a network remote power cycle device that is worthwhile? I've never bought one, and Amazon's offerings like the UIS-622b seem stuck in prior decade.

It for my bosses PC which he says he has to come in to power cycle now and then do to lack of access.

Should I just be buying a TP-Link smart switch and calling it a day? I guess my question is, "Are all the ones I see old because IoT-type devices have superseded them?

Old PC with an optical drive that you can script to cycle the tray whenever the thing needs power cycling and a poking implement taped to it so it hits the reset switch.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I never get cold in the office because my coworkers keep setting the thermostat to stupid hot and still loudly announce they're cold by doing an exaggerated shiver sound effect and saying "it's cold in here" when it's loving 26°C.

Please send excess cold. I'm melting.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Thanks Ants posted:

A single ring on the left hand

the token ring, if you will

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Y'all jinxed her by setting that thread title. :colbert:

Hope they can figure something out for you so you're not screwed on rent.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Yet I've completely given up on that automatic label thing gmail is supposed to have with the email+label@gmail.com thing because all the stupid sites I'd want to use it for claim it's an invalid email address.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

I'd much rather have travel related jetlag than the most painfully stupid bullshit related jetlag.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Wizard of the Deep posted:

Probably foundation from rubbing the area right in front of the ear, below the temple?

And yea, I moved over to DDG when Bing went heavy on the AI. As Vegastar said, DDG has improved, but the bigger factor is Google and Bing have gone to absolute poo poo.

Wasn't DDG just Bing under the hood, but with less tracking?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Dunno-Lars posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Serious Hardware/Software Crap > Jaded Helpdesk Megathread For Cynical Buttholes - DO NOT ASK FOR HELP

But this whole thread is a cry for help...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

johnny park posted:

Yeah but then I'm the one that has to deal with your 400 GB mailbox backup when you leave the company

"Aw shucks, that mailbox got corrupted and couldn't be fixed. Anything in it is lost now."