Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
His cover of the Evangelion ending theme was alright I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Jestery posted:

He was the contractual first call for die hard and had to officially refuse

Be a funny movie otherwise

A 73 year old John McClane would've owned

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
He’s in Von Ryan’s Express, which is kinda like Die Hard but with Nazis and trains.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

He was pretty good in The Manchurian Candidate

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im gonna beat the poo poo outta frank

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Mnoba posted:

heres looking at you kid

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

BigBadSteve posted:

I thought that altercation was made up for laughs til I read your post.

For those who prefer their anecdotes in text form:
https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/frank-sinatra-nearly-attacked-writer-harlan-ellison-pair-shoes.html

The original long-form article from which that came is well worth reading imo.

Frank Sinatra Has a Cold

Very, very long but tells you pretty much all you need to know about the guy and just how much of a force he was.

Particularly fascinating bit about how he and other powerful Italian-Americans (*ahem*) of the time didn't trust the Kennedys, seeing them as just an evolved form of the Irish cops who terrorized them a generation or two back.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Laterite posted:

Frank Sinatra Has a Cold

Very, very long but tells you pretty much all you need to know about the guy and just how much of a force he was.

Particularly fascinating bit about how he and other powerful Italian-Americans (*ahem*) of the time didn't trust the Kennedys, seeing them as just an evolved form of the Irish cops who terrorized them a generation or two back.

I mean Joe Sr. built the Kennedy family fortune from bootlegging so I think they have a lot more in common than you think lol

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Laterite posted:

Frank Sinatra Has a Cold

Reading it now, pro-click.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008
If you want to go on an archeological dig into a boomer brain, mention Frank Sinatra and see if you get an instinctive "get with the times, dad :smug: " reaction. Rare bonus: the look of angst when they realize how much they dated themselves.