Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

quote:

If Joe lands a second term (by means of cheating)
It is inconceivable to him that a Democrat could ever win the Presidency by legitimate means ever again. Despite the popular vote going their way once since 1988.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trazz
Jun 11, 2008
Remember, "every accusation from the right is a confession."
If they are accusing Biden of cheating in 2020 it means they definitely cheated in 2016, they tried to cheat in 2020, and they plan to cheat some more in 2024.

Trazz fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Dec 30, 2023

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

The Islamic Shock posted:

It is inconceivable to him that a Democrat could ever win the Presidency by legitimate means ever again. Despite the popular vote going their way once since 1988.

Remember, even when Trump won in 2016, they still said the Democrats cheated. Trump claimed he won the popular vote with margins so massive they overcame the fraudulent votes. It's taken as a truism that the GOP wins every fair election, that's why they are always screaming about their "silent majority."

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

I dont know posted:

Remember, even when Trump won in 2016, they still said the Democrats cheated. Trump claimed he won the popular vote with margins so massive they overcame the fraudulent votes. It's taken as a truism that the GOP wins every fair election, that's why they are always screaming about their "silent majority."
This is just the funniest, most kindergarten tier possible understanding of cheating. Like Dems just threw in 1,000,000 extra votes and called it a day. They didn't head off the final read or convert votes or any number of ways a win could be ensured. They didn't even do "whatever you say +1", which is bush league. They just made a flat, baseline addition and figured that should be enough, so if enough people just vote, you can beat it anyway.
Worst way to rig an election I've ever heard of.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Vib Rib posted:

This is just the funniest, most kindergarten tier possible understanding of cheating. Like Dems just threw in 1,000,000 extra votes and called it a day. They didn't head off the final read or convert votes or any number of ways a win could be ensured. They didn't even do "whatever you say +1", which is bush league. They just made a flat, baseline addition and figured that should be enough, so if enough people just vote, you can beat it anyway.
"Three million illegals voting"
Nobody gets arrested for that who isn't a citizen
Well clearly every single police department in the country has to be complicit in this because there definitely wouldn't be tons of small town racist sheriffs partying hard for the next month if that poo poo really happened

I'm just kidding of course, thinking a whole whopping thirty seconds about an obvious lie is a bridge too far for them when the whole point is blind acceptance

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Plucky little USA.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

They have to square the circle of: Democrats cheat in every election but also it's important that you go out and vote Republican anyway.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Vib Rib posted:

My favorite kindergarten moment was Trump getting mad that votes were being counted late into the night, as if the moment the clock strikes midnight everyone has to stop counting and you just go with whoever has more at that point.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Matt Davies

Ann Telnaes

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

David M. Hitch

Darrin Bell

Randall Enos

Amjad Rasmi

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Does baby new year have a Hitler stache in this one? Is that the joke?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

the_steve posted:

Does baby new year have a Hitler stache in this one? Is that the joke?

Yep, that's it. The title of her post is "Autocracy is growing worldwide for 2024".

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

idonotlikepeas posted:

Yep, that's it. The title of her post is "Autocracy is growing worldwide for 2024".

The only thing wrong here is that 2023 is alarmed at it. People suck and have been supporting fascism for years.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

I assume Fishman wants Trump elected, which is almost certainly what's going to happen, so I'd think he would be looking forward to 2024.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Holy poo poo, a loving joke!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

I assume Fishman wants Trump elected, which is almost certainly what's going to happen, so I'd think he would be looking forward to 2024.

Yeah, but "election season is ugly and exhausting" is an evergreen topic.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

Hey, speaking of things that are ugly and exhausting, it's time once again for

I mean, I'm pretty okay with this. Those pimp hat robot enforcers (again, the phrases this comic obligates me to type) are annoying.

Why, of all the loving things, would you have a robot use an eye scanner? It's a robot! It's probably able to communicate wirelessly with the security system! In fact, it definitely is! This is stupid and not even in a political way!

I want you to look at panel 3 there and keep that in mind for later, because it's dumb. The hats shot at her. Why is she moving backward? Was she hit? Is she dodging? If she's dodging, why does she look like the movement was involuntary? This is the sort of thing they'd do on Saturday cartoons to keep the action ambiguous, and it makes no sense for Tatsuya to do it here.

Good thing he saw that convenient advertisement! However it was that he saw it, because that is not well-established. (It's probably in the window he's looking at in panel 1, but you would want a smaller version of the ad to be visible in that window if you wanted to sell that.)

Now, see, panel 4 is what panel 3 up there should have been. It is very clear what's happening. In fact, this whole strip is pretty decent; you can generally see who is where, you get an idea of the stakes, the action happens, it concludes on a bit of a cliffhanger. This is actually like a C+/B- kind of situation.

It seems like the boss has turned away from the dying/dead zombieish prostitute to look at a monitor. But actually, this is a different character that is just dressed exactly the same way, who is communicating with the boss. (Note the missing cane.) Probably you should lose the third panel and devote one panel to sticking with the action instead to make this clear but also to keep the connection to the actual plot. Yes, there's no explicitly political content this week, so I'm just nitpicking the comic's construction.

This one actually isn't bad either! He's really pulling out of stops to resolve this plotline by... wait, what? It's December 31st already? drat it, Tatsuya.

Pettyfest

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

idonotlikepeas posted:

I want you to look at panel 3 there and keep that in mind for later, because it's dumb. The hats shot at her. Why is she moving backward? Was she hit? Is she dodging? If she's dodging, why does she look like the movement was involuntary? This is the sort of thing they'd do on Saturday cartoons to keep the action ambiguous, and it makes no sense for Tatsuya to do it here.

It looks like she's just been caught by a particularly strong wind gust but still managing to stay in one place. While the shots fire around her. Those hats can't aim for poo poo.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

idonotlikepeas posted:

This one actually isn't bad either! He's really pulling out of stops to resolve this plotline by... wait, what? It's December 31st already? drat it, Tatsuya.

Hasn't this guy been defeated three times already?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

idonotlikepeas posted:

It's a good thing Ishida spent this week focusing on the story line that definitionally needs to be completed by January 1st, right?
Right?

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!
For someone who's against sex work, Tats sure does love drawing sex workers.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

also : Heck A Tease? like i get he's going Hecate but there's gotta be a better rename, something that isn't so hack. but then again it's tatsuya so maybe i'm expecting too much

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Alhazred posted:

Hasn't this guy been defeated three times already?
There was a different pimp before. This one was the Woke Pimp.

I’m assuming we’ll get a Trans Pimp or something similarly stupid, rendering this comic pointless like all the rest. Unless the pink girl stays dead and we’re spared at least one obnoxious character in 2024.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"So much for a happy new year – Climate change, war, famine… what other joys does 2024 have in store?"

Sunday Telegraph:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

How Britain's police are failing to tackle crime: Watchdog reveals how cops are missing leads to solve burglaries, thefts and assaults, and are arriving late at crime scenes - with more than half of forces across the country deemed 'inadequate'

:yayclod: Happy New Year, politooners!

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

DalaranJ posted:

It's a good thing Ishida spent this week focusing on the story line that definitionally needs to be completed by January 1st, right?
Right?

He could wrap this up in one more week, if he chose to. Which means that all he had to do to make it fit in was drop one week of strips about the Jews controlling the world through money and pedophilia.

Pants Donkey posted:

There was a different pimp before. This one was the Woke Pimp.

I’m assuming we’ll get a Trans Pimp or something similarly stupid, rendering this comic pointless like all the rest. Unless the pink girl stays dead and we’re spared at least one obnoxious character in 2024.

Even if she dies, she'll just be replaced by another girl who's a different color. There is no escape. There is no escape.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

idonotlikepeas posted:

There is no escape. There is no escape.

2024 thread title?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Ruben Bolling

Lalo Alcaraz

Brian McFadden

Nick Anderson

Mike Lukovich

Pedro Molina

Clay Jones

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer

Because nothing says "I am the one true feminism understander" like gratuitous panty shots.

Earth Day
Dec 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Technowolf posted:

Ruben Bolling

This thread is usually a wretched hive of scum and villainy so I am grateful for the genuine laughter here to finish the year.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

I'm guessing this... isn't actually about how asylum seekers are required to apply via a bullshit app even if they're in the middle of the loving desert and may not have access to phones, let alone places to charge them?

(Portable chargers are one thing mutual aid workers try to provide, along with, y'know... loving food and shelter because these people are stuck outdoors and not being provided for in any way.)

Or maybe it is? I dunno what Jones is saying here.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

New thread goes up some time tomorrow. Enjoy your celebrations, for Monday begins a year of presidential election cartoons :sickos:

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

After The War posted:

I'm guessing this... isn't actually about how asylum seekers are required to apply via a bullshit app even if they're in the middle of the loving desert and may not have access to phones, let alone places to charge them?

(Portable chargers are one thing mutual aid workers try to provide, along with, y'know... loving food and shelter because these people are stuck outdoors and not being provided for in any way.)

Or maybe it is? I dunno what Jones is saying here.

It's a joke about Apple Watches being banned from being imported because Apple lost a patent lawsuit.

Earth Day
Dec 11, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Claytoon's Trump caricature is asking too much of me.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Happy New Year. :toot:

:australia:

Downes:

Broelman:

Badiucao:

Knight:

Lethbridge:

Leak, Son of Leak:

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
is it ethical to kill baby new year?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
cause im gonna

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

World Famous W posted:

is it ethical to kill baby new year?

It would at least spare her the fate of being Ishida's newest prostitot.

Edit: Tweet full of content
https://twitter.com/claytoonz/status/1741468564719059395?t=hRVFdVVD3a4yFq03oJaQlg&s=19

the_steve fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Dec 31, 2023

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Technowolf posted:

Nick Anderson
i like this one but the words could have used a second or third pass.
maybe "but is the baby ok?" or simply "how's the baby?"

this comes close to implying the gop actually care about the fetus rather than just have no regard for the mother's life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Are NYE cartoons ever anything but the old man saying to the baby "next year will be worse"?
Granted in this case it's probably true but are there any different takes on it?

E: I don't remember the history of how this trope came about in the first place

L. Ron DeSantis fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jan 1, 2024