Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Skios posted:

Gary Varvel

Varvel has a Twitter. It barely gets any engagement. His average cartoon is posted with zero replies, maybe a dozen retweets and a thousand or so views. He didn't post his Zelinsky the pickpocketing Jew cartoon on there. However, ever since that one came out, he's actually getting traction, mostly just from people calling him an antisemite.

What planet is that? I keep looking and I'm not sure if that's Africa or Australia. Probably Africa without the typical north south/up down placement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
if rall had just made it specifically about, say, bds or something similar it would have just been a mediocre cartoon instead of vague whining

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on Hamas, Netanyahu and Putin – Over the Christmas period, casualties have continued to mount in Ukraine and Gaza"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Times:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment I'm alive, I pray for death!

seiferguy posted:

That man isn't gonna gently caress Florida, is he?

Buddy,

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Pants Donkey posted:

I mean, most people on the left agree to at least some extent that your ability to live shouldn’t depend upon a company that can fire you for any reason including their profit being record-breaking, but not record-breaking enough.

Yeah, there's reasonable consequences and then there's bullshit consequences that (in a perfect world) would not be.

Like, if I started putting the place I work for on blast, tweeting on my personal account about how much it sucks and the boss is a pencil-dick and :words: for all the world to see, then yeah, I shouldn't be surprised when I get told I'm fired.

But, something like "I think billionaires should have the poo poo taxed out of them." should not be something you could be fired for. Which then gets into the weeds of "Well we didn't fire you for that, we fired you because you missed a spot when you were cleaning a window and that's a performance issue, *WINK*"

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Branco acknowledging that Trump ever polled below Biden is a step I didn't think he'd take, usually things they like have always been good and things they dislike always have been bad, what those things are depending on which week it is

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

The Islamic Shock posted:

Branco acknowledging that Trump ever polled below Biden is a step I didn't think he'd take, usually things they like have always been good and things they dislike always have been bad, what those things are depending on which week it is
trump polled WAY above biden until the second branco needed him to have polled under biden. at which point he'd always polled under biden but still way better than biden. after he was done with the point he no longer needed it so trump has never polled under biden.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

When they get excited about their guy polling above the other guy, it’s because other guy is sooooo unpopular even the pollsters can’t skew it.

Same dissonance they have to use to explain why Trump would seemingly run in another rigged election. This time, he’ll be sooooo popular that even the dems can’t cheat their way out of it.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

"How dare this guy spout rhetoric that I agree with!"

I think that's approval? It looks like he drew Trump's hair the way he draws it on top of Fetterman's head

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

Dyson:

Knight:

I thought about whether this cartoon was too local to Melbourne to post but the bike lanes tipped me over.

Spooner:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"Okay but what's the actual reason"

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
So the border is still secure?
Because unless we gave Mexico the lock...

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/Rob_Rogers/status/1740037481058402343

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Shugojin posted:

I think that's approval? It looks like he drew Trump's hair the way he draws it on top of Fetterman's head

Yeah, being a racist shitstain is a plus in Branco's book.
Now, he may pretend like it isn't if it lets him go "Heh, hypocrite much? :smuggo:" , but he's still ok with the actual racism.

Content:
https://twitter.com/EandPCartoons/status/1740102751982583863?s=20

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Clay Bennett

Jeff Danziger

Pedro X. Molina

Jack Ohman

Lee Judge

John Branch

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

David M. Hitch

Amjad Rasmi

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Oh so that's what Israel has been doing wrong all these years. They've been trying to ride the Gaza Strip without a saddle. What morons.

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

Kellies nomination: Worst Gaslighting
No, actually they aren't.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

No, actually they aren't.

Umm, they're sentencing people who agree with my political views with crimes that they committed, as determined by juries of their peers? Smacks of Nazi Germany tbh, anyway vote Trump so he can wreak vengeance and imprison his enemies kay thaaaanks

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Where was Hitch on Jan 6th?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Technowolf posted:

Where was Hitch on Jan 6th?

Read this for Brooklyn nine nine and sadly yes I can see Hitch at Jan 6th

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

I mean why wouldn't we call them something reflecting their otherworldly nature? If they are smart enough to get here from another planet Fishman's name sounds fine if difficult to turn into an acronym

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Chip Bok

John Deering

Mike Luckovich

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Sure, he may be a hateful bigot, but you can always count on Stiglich for the most boomer-rear end obituary cartoons.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

Umm, they're sentencing people who agree with my political views with crimes that they committed, as determined by juries of their peers? Smacks of Nazi Germany tbh, anyway vote Trump so he can wreak vengeance and imprison his enemies kay thaaaanks
Sure is gonna be real fun to watch Fox News go all-in on why whatever blatantly hypocritical revenge Trump's getting that day is good actually because the Dems always do to us whatever we're doing to them real or imagined and somehow that's enough to justify one hundred percent of heinous poo poo one hundred percent of the time. I'm curious if current conservatives can even understand the concept of being morally better than your political opponent by... actually doing morally better actions

Mind you the politicians and leaders of that party could not give less of a poo poo about anything but obtaining power but this should be such an easy concept for voters to grasp, everyone's taught "two wrongs don't make a right" at an early age and it's so weird that it seems like they don't reflect on the meaning of those words in a positive way loving once in their lives

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Dec 28, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Skios posted:

John Deering

Trump will last at least 700 million years. Concerning.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Kellies Nomination: Laziest Non-Gorrell

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the year ahead for Keir Starmer – With an election approaching in 2024, the Labour leader has his eye on No 10 – but how to plot the best route there?"

Telegraph:

No10 plans to end inheritance tax in spring ahead of election

Times:

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Sure, he may be a hateful bigot, but you can always count on Stiglich for the most boomer-rear end obituary cartoons.
god dammit i guess mother always did like him best!
i used to love the smothers brothers :(

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I dunno about work, but reading PC does feel like a chore :stat:

https://twitter.com/EandPCartoons/status/1740236131382526355?t=_92n6dzX6R5iULWfG27Gpw&s=19

Nooo!

https://twitter.com/EandPCartoons/status/1740217256356069861?t=2E9C8pL7O-LKK4Gk8uy6pw&s=19

the_steve fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Dec 28, 2023

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Well yeah, we've had machine clocks for a while now. And we replace them every year too

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
AI Father Time holding a digital kitchen timer would have been a cute detail.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Pants Donkey posted:

I think I’ll stop here before I raise too many blood pressures.

The second doctor is "taking out the cancer" by carving his initials into the patient's chest and setting the body on fire. So yes, stop the operation.

ScruffMcGruff
Sep 26, 2007
Scruffy's rollin' out the big pill...

I'm just curious. What does "standing up to China" mean? Threaten them with war if they don't uhhh....stop all drugs from being produced in their country forever?

I expect it looks something like sealing off the border. Wherein you station enough military to stand shoulder-to-shoulder along the border and shoot anyone who tries to cross.

Both completely feasible and rational ideas, and they would totally be done already if Republicans were in charge.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Plumber: So back when this apartment complex was built they only fitted a single main valve, and there's two people on dialysis machines living here so shutting the whole thing off is a non-starter, plus it would ruin things for everyone else in the building, and we'd need permission from the fire marshal. We could try freezing the pipe but that could cause more damage with the pipes you've got, so we've gotta just use buckets and towels and hope for the best here.
Drunk Duck: But my thing is more important than everyone else, just do my thing!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

ScruffMcGruff posted:

I'm just curious. What does "standing up to China" mean? Threaten them with war if they don't uhhh....stop all drugs from being produced in their country forever?

I expect it looks something like sealing off the border. Wherein you station enough military to stand shoulder-to-shoulder along the border and shoot anyone who tries to cross.

Both completely feasible and rational ideas, and they would totally be done already if Republicans were in charge.

I suspect his idea of standing up to China would be to ignore the massive debts we owe to them or some poo poo.
Threaten embargos or tariffs or something to that effect.

Which, y'know, not really feasible or smart, but it would look like a lot of tough guy posturing, which they love, and would love even more when it blew up in our face because then they have another week of material.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Just strait-up Calm Hitler unironically

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Broelman:

Knight:

Katauskas:

Pavlidis:

Leak, Son of Leak:

There's a bunch of opinion pieces in The Australian about how Albanese isn't taking personal responsibility for the loss of the Voice referendum.

Trapezium Dave fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Dec 28, 2023

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Can’t believe Albanese would make the Australian public so racist. smdh

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/Rob_Rogers/status/1740383440485351816

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

ScruffMcGruff posted:

I'm just curious. What does "standing up to China" mean?
Vague bullshit that the GOP and Drinky Duck can always accuse Biden of not doing because they will never, ever define it.