Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

a neat cape posted:

This would be very logical and the NFL could just take away the bye week before the Superbowl

I had thought this last night. The only set date is the super bowl. They could play week 18 as normal and let this game resume the week after. Just cancel all the pro bowl stuff and shift the rest of the playoffs back a week.

I think a lot though depends on Hamlin's updates. If it looks like he's going to pull through, it makes it a lot easier to keep playing football.

And honestly there's a big part of me that hates even thinking about the football aspect of it at all because that's the last thing that matters right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

mdemone posted:

It's all we can do, same as the guys who were starting to warm up on the sideline while he was still being attended. Humans look for routine and comfort in such times.

Oh I get it. Especially the guys on the field. It's a distraction of something routine to throw a ball around, even if you have no intention of being able to finish the game.

I came in to work one Monday morning to learn a coworker committed suicide over the weekend. People all handled it differently, but my boss was all about divvying up his work and reassigning tasks. Some of my coworkers thought it was kind of heartless to be so focused on work, but I'm pretty sure it was all he was able to do at that time to keep himself together. He was actually a really great boss to work for, and just a good person too, everyone just handles these situations differently.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Freaquency posted:

D. Hamlin - Doubtful - Death

sorry if that's a little macabre, but I feel better posting that knowing he's going to be ok

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

It's entirely possible that they don't actually know yet and that not everything is some vast NFL conspiracy

Only most things.

Not a doctor, but I would guess there will be follow up visits to ensure everything is still good. If it was a freak accident with nothing underlying, I would think the chances of it happening again to him would be pretty low. Seems there would be no reason not to play if that's what he wants to do (and he is mentally prepared to take another hit). Again, not a medical professional and I have no idea if this happening once increases it happening again.