Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

The breathing being 50% doesn't necessarily mean anything and I wouldn't take it as a good thing or bad. That's coming from a family member who is in an incredibly stressful situation learning about things are are incredibly complex and relaying something he might not have understood. I'm not saying he's too stupid to understand it or anything, it's just not useful right now. Plus the people reporting on it don't understand it either.
This can be so frustrating, and there's just not a good way to handle it. Years ago my grandmother was in the hospital for heart issues, and my mom came home from a visit fretting that "they said she'd returned to a sinus rhythm! :ohdear:"

It took her idiot non-doctor son who works with cardiac-related medical equipment (me) to explain that it was actually potentially a good thing.

I mean, I guess you could just give less info and resort to a thumbs up/down system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

his jersey number

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

The first time I saw someone wake up from a cardiac arrest, she coded mid sentence (VF arrest from a big inferior MI). We defibbed her, got pulses back, then before I could secure an airway she woke up and started speaking right back where she was in her sentence. It was one of the trippiest loving things I’ve ever seen.
Yep! Had someone with an ICD or similar on a call with tech support, they suddenly stop talking and we hear commotion, then a thump and they picked back up where they left off. Found out after the fact they went into VF and got automatically treated and had no idea it happened. Wild poo poo.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Amazing

:hmmyes: Burn this face into your brain, Buffalo goons

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1611121121142931456
glad to see Mr. Hetfield found work after the music thing didn't work out

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

It's entirely possible that they don't actually know yet and that not everything is some vast NFL conspiracy
yeah lol if we're gonna work from the assumption that the NFL is conspiring to downplay any inherent risk to the game, why not consider that they're downplaying the inherent risk of playing a game during a pandemic which has already proven to cause weird heart poo poo in otherwise healthy people