Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Taerkar posted:

@PagnattiJrESPN looks to be gone now.

But a similar named account seems to still be tweeting the same stuff. Neither was a verified account so it could be a troll account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, if it turns out to be commotio cordis the only thing I could imagine the NFL changing here is if something like his gear interfered with them performing CPR or AED. For example if they had to spend 2 or 3 minutes figuring out how to tear off his shoulder pads that's might be something worth exploring if they can fix somehow.

FWIW I think covid speculation should be okay here, but if you're not someone who usually posts in TFF and usually posts in politics/covid megathreads you should post about it there, not here.

MJeff posted:

So wait, did the dude have covid six weeks ago or what? I've heard it mentioned twice but couldn't find anything saying it on google or twitter or anything, because, well, searching "Hamlin covid" gets you exactly what you'd think it would right now.

I tried going back to October 2022 and excluding anything past Jan 1 2022 in Reddit, Google news Search, and Twitter and I can't find any reference to him having covid prior to last night. Maybe I'm searching wrong, but so far I found noting.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The thing I found surprising is I never realized how quickly cardiac arrest causes unconsciousness. I guess the Hollywood portrayal makes it seem much different.

I think it's because a lot of people conflate heart attacks and cardiac arrest.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

MJeff posted:

The solution here is to give every player nanomachine hearts like the guy from Metal Gear Rising.

Make them all get the defib implant things they give to people who have arrhythmias.

Don't actually do this of course

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Very happy to see the good news.