Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
ken block, famous car driver, dies in snowmobile accident

https://mobile.twitter.com/RlArima/status/1610129147132792833

pour a can of monster to a real one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Well that loving sucks

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuDN2bCIyus
of all the things
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg6L_7qLIEQ
that he could have died doing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX2uXBMkO8U

leaves behind his daughter he was training to also be really good at cars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BVSHz1LJMc

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
At least he doesn’t have to live in Utah any more

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
Now he'll never be the blockhead of a major corporation

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

N. Senada posted:

At least he doesn’t have to live in Utah any more

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I guess he sort of died doing what he loved

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Devils Affricate posted:

Blunt force trauma?

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Devils Affricate posted:

Yeah. Being crushed by a snowmobile.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Should have stuck to cars.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Took a few chips off the ol’ Block

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Hoonin' in Hell

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Wait i thought he was blown apart by repurposed soviet ordinance?

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

wtf why is the snow trying to kill everyone???

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Ken cofounded DC shoes, the last maker of good skate shoes.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

The Management posted:

Ken cofounded DC shoes, the last maker of good skate shoes.

"I can totally heelflip I just need my skate shoes"

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
This answers the question I've always had which is how the gently caress do people do big mountain snowmobile riding and survive, those things are heavy and I've had one flip over on a steep slope. poo poo is deadly

I stick to snowboarding these days

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

wtf why is the snow trying to kill everyone???

It hasn't stopped snowing here in Utah in like two months

I broke my foot on a flat ski run at like 10mph a month ago loving snow

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
fuckin silly that a snowmobile killed him but rip hoonigan man

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

This answers the question I've always had which is how the gently caress do people do big mountain snowmobile riding and survive, those things are heavy and I've had one flip over on a steep slope. poo poo is deadly

I stick to snowboarding these days

Every winter in Wisconsin, deer hunting seasons opens up and half the dudes in my town would rush out to the woods with their guns and snowmobiles in the back of their trucks. And, every year, people would die in accidents involving snowmobiles in that region and it usually involves a combination of snowmobiles, reckless riding, and lots of booze.

Though a coworker in my department was riding his sober and someone had strung up a length of bare metal wire across the trail. It hit him straight in his neck under his chin while riding at speed and tore him off the snowmobile. He thinks if he hadn't had on full leather protective gear on, it could have killed him. People are sick, out there.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Catastrophe posted:

Though a coworker in my department was riding his sober and someone had strung up a length of bare metal wire across the trail. It hit him straight in his neck under his chin while riding at speed and tore him off the snowmobile. He thinks if he hadn't had on full leather protective gear on, it could have killed him. People are sick, out there.

what the poo poo

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Buce posted:

what the poo poo

whomst among us hasn't at one point laid a cunning trap to catch the most dangerous game?

_____!
May 2, 2004

I'm just surprised it wasn't a helicopter accident. It's ALWAYS a helicopter accident.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

https://twitter.com/kblock43/status/1608579829443735552?s=20&t=Ef5yRxUhTLiPu30ElaR_Jw

https://twitter.com/i_lost_my_juul/status/1610119739149537280?s=20&t=Ef5yRxUhTLiPu30ElaR_Jw

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

RIP. rally cars are really neat

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

legendary rally guy. met him once when he came here for rally of the tall pines. we were just an amateur team then with no hope of even winning our class, he still talked to us like we were competitors that he was battling neck and neck for the podium. great guy, great father and he will be missed sorely. one of very few celebrity deaths that has actually saddened me in my life. RIP ken

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I got to meet Ken at a SCCA event once, despite his cocky appearance in his Gymkhana events, he was really friendly and nice to everyone.

It says something that Rally safety standards have made the dangerous stuff he did in Rally tame, but a snowmobile is still a deathtrap.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

legendary rally guy. met him once when he came here for rally of the tall pines. we were just an amateur team then with no hope of even winning our class, he still talked to us like we were competitors that he was battling neck and neck for the podium. great guy, great father and he will be missed sorely. one of very few celebrity deaths that has actually saddened me in my life. RIP ken

yeah, i never met him but he seemed genuine from everything i saw him in. also sad about this one. extra sad that he'd just finished that quattro with one of his daughters and she was really starting her motorsports career too :(

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I will miss watching him drive in ever-more exciting ways.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I liked it when he turned left and made a traffic cone feel like a real fool

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Catastrophe posted:

Every winter in Wisconsin, deer hunting seasons opens up and half the dudes in my town would rush out to the woods with their guns and snowmobiles in the back of their trucks. And, every year, people would die in accidents involving snowmobiles in that region and it usually involves a combination of snowmobiles, reckless riding, and lots of booze.

People do this on mountain bike trails too. Slower speeds but just as psychopathic.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Catastrophe posted:

looked this up and apparently it’s a common thing around the world to booby trap trails to try to kill bikers, snowmobilers, etc :what:

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Buce posted:

what the poo poo

I've read about this a lot so I think it happens more than people think. Probably jaded chuds who are mad that a trail is running too close to their property, or some other modern American psychopath, of which we have many.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I bet it could be PETA-brand hippies trying to murder people who drive gas vehicles through nature, too.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

CommieGIR posted:

I got to meet Ken at a SCCA event once, despite his cocky appearance in his Gymkhana events, he was really friendly and nice to everyone.

It says something that Rally safety standards have made the dangerous stuff he did in Rally tame, but a snowmobile is still a deathtrap.

Even with his cocky appearance in the Gymkhana stuff (never seen him live), he still seemed like he wouldn't be a dick, just an extreme sports bro. In the show they made for Amazon Prime, even the manufactured drama was pretty mild.

When I got my first big non-CRT tv, this was the very first thing I watched on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qanlirrRWs

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Even with his cocky appearance in the Gymkhana stuff (never seen him live), he still seemed like he wouldn't be a dick, just an extreme sports bro. In the show they made for Amazon Prime, even the manufactured drama was pretty mild.

When I got my first big non-CRT tv, this was the very first thing I watched on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qanlirrRWs

Yeah, it really was an appearance for branding it seems. He was rebuilding a Ur Quattro with his daughter since he got Audi sponsorship recently, I can only image how the family is taking it right now.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Took a few chips off the ol’ Block

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, it really was an appearance for branding it seems. He was rebuilding a Ur Quattro with his daughter since he got Audi sponsorship recently, I can only image how the family is taking it right now.

his last instagram post was him saying that the final video of the quattro build will be out tomorrow :(

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
People should treat this like Steve Irwin's death and start hunting down innocent snowmobiles and murdering them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Songbearer posted:

People should treat this like Steve Irwin's death and start hunting down innocent snowmobiles and murdering them

Is anything that burns fossil fuels truly innocent?