Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What would you choose?
Be born
No
View Results

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Toxic Mental posted:

Also, we all die eventually and go back to unconscious nothingness anyways so I don't see why not at least give it a crack. You might eat some pepperoni pizza and even get laid on the way from nothing to nothing.

Rejoice, death is not the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

nice honeypot for the mods to swoop in and probe people with "check your pms" as tehy sigh and open up their suicidewatch excel sheet btw

lol

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I've spent over half of my life wishing it were over, so I'm going with no, op.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
What are we assuming about this pre-birth state OP? We seem to be sentient and individual if we're making independent decisions, have we achieved luxury gay pre-birth communism? Is it constantly itchy and we can't wait to leave? I have questions.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
The place you see when you smoke DMT is where we go when we die and it's where we chill before we're born. It's probably in Vermont. How do you people not know this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1h9OjS8NTw

hot date tonight!
Jan 13, 2009

Slippery Tilde
I don't want to die now that I'm here, but hard no on the being born thing. If I could skip out on the pure existential horror of existence I would.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

If I could NewGame+ this poo poo it would absolutely rule.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
no

K3nT3n
Oct 8, 2015
If you see me posting my own tweets, please report me so I will be probated for a month.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Look, if I genuinely had a choice then no way in hell am I dealing with this mess of a reality. But I didn't have a choice and I am a stubborn gently caress so I'm gonna be complaining until the bitter end. I'm stuck in a society, or something.

Every time I hear anyone talk about their "previous lives" I'm like gently caress, have you not learned your lesson?

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I voted no and then my guardian angel appeared and showed me how the world would be if I'd never existed.
It wasn't noticeably different tbh

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Nooner posted:

all the pain and sadness odf this life is worth it for the ability to send tweets to the blues traveler dude calling him fat and telling him to suck poo poo from your rear end in a top hat

You never cease to amaze me Nooner. You should send him one that says you cannot play a foot long hotdog like a harmonica.

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

nice honeypot for the mods to swoop in and probe people with "check your pms" as tehy sigh and open up their suicidewatch excel sheet btw

lol

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Guildenstern Mother posted:

What are we assuming about this pre-birth state OP? We seem to be sentient and individual if we're making independent decisions, have we achieved luxury gay pre-birth communism?

Would you even think about leaving if that were the case

bitterandtwisted posted:

I voted no and then my guardian angel appeared and showed me how the world would be if I'd never existed.
It wasn't noticeably different tbh

In my case I can see it actually improving my parents lives tbh, my mother had postpartum depression and other poo poo
Also my dad was dating someone else too and hosed my mom and then lol

Big Scary Owl fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jan 4, 2023

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
asked this question many times and the answer has always been the same: life sucks and then you die

HAM ON THE BONE
Aug 22, 2009

Pillbug
If you'd asked me 10 years ago, it would be a resounding NO.

But today, despite the fact that the past 10 years were still hard, I'd say yes. I've seen enough and stuck around long enough that I know life can get better.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Big Scary Owl posted:

Also my dad was dating someone else too and hosed my mom and then lol

Hello, fellow side piece baby :smith::hf::smith:

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

YeahTubaMike posted:

Hello, fellow side piece baby :smith::hf::smith:

Sup :hfive:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
If there is some prelife/afterlife I bet you’d feel a ton of FOMO hearing about all of those wacky adventures people got up to with meatbag bodies.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Of course not and you'd have to be insane to think otherwise. That having been said, if I meet the right person and the stars align, I intend to have at least two children. You see I can dish it out but I can't take it.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
If I had the ability to make changes, yes. Reliving things the way they are? No.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I'm going to be so mad if there is an afterlife. Haven't we suffered enough??

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Cant shoot those fat ropes if youre dead[from not being born]

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME

Mr.Acula posted:

Cant shoot those fat ropes if youre dead[from not being born]

yep. been shooting ropes, lately

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
So we got a total of :69snypa: votes, with "No" having 66.67% which is pretty significant. By the rules of democracy, we should be able to impeach and/or sue God

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfxE6dlrxt4

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
i didn't vote becuase the poll is a contrived and cacamamie scenario. OVBIOSULY the true poll results are 100% yes, because the no voters are still alive. qed

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Yes, I chose to divide myself yesterday

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If souls are self aware and god just shoves them into babies without asking he's a soul rapist

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I want to be a fish op, can i be fish?

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Icochet posted:

I want to be a fish op, can i be fish?

Gotta ask God for that

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Big Scary Owl posted:

So we got a total of :69snypa: votes, with "No" having 66.67% which is pretty significant. By the rules of democracy, we should be able to impeach and/or sue God

GBS: Attack and dethrone God

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I would simply choose to be born having achieved Nirvana, OP.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Yeah because my life's been pretty good. I just saw Paris in November!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Would I have to stay as a wildebeest like I was in my last incarnation or could I change species again?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

goatface posted:

Would I have to stay as a wildebeest like I was in my last incarnation or could I change species again?

Furry detected.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I could be moved to a higher state of animal life, like a slow loris or a quokka. Or a sea slug.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Big Scary Owl posted:

https://youtu.be/G1zx7ZacM48

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Colonel Cancer posted:

If souls are self aware and god just shoves them into babies without asking he's a soul rapist

and furthermore parents also make this choice for their kids without consent, so all parents are trafficking at the very least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Beard Dandruff posted:

If only escaping samsara was that easy.

for real, the harder you try the deeper you dig