Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Matches that ALMOST but didn't quite make the threshold for Best (and Worst!) of the Year. I'll add matches to these lists at the appropriate threshold (4 for MOTY, 3 for WMOTY), to keep the lists from getting too long:

(ALMOST) Matches of the Year:

01/01 | Takashi Sugiura & Satoshi Kojima (C) vs. Naomichi Marufuji & KENTA for the GHC Tag Team Titles - NOAH The New Year (6 votes)

I'll add a vote to this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

WMOTYC - New Japan Ranbo, January 4th, New Japan Pro Wrestling

Sloppy, at times confusing and incomprehensible, and stacked with people that were aggressively too good for this kind of poo poo (Shingo, Taichi, KENTA, O-Kahn, Cobb and Ishii, among others).

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jan 4, 2023

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Ren Narita for the Inaugural New Japan Television Title - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 1/4

Incredible from both guys. Ren has come so far since his excursion, and he was already at a high level before then!

Yep.

This Ren kid is going to go places.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Rarity posted:

MOTYC: Taiji Ishimori (c) vs. Master Wato vs. El Desperado vs. Hiromu Takahashi, NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17, 04/01

I was going to go HM but then they made me believe in Wato

Yep.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay (C) vs. Kenny Omega for the IWGP US Heavyweight Title - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17 1/4

:stonklol:

Human beings should not be capable of what these two do in the ring.

Yes

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Switchblade Jay White (C) vs. Kazuchika Okada for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17 1/4

They had a hell of a job having to follow Omega/Ospreay and it was tough going at first, but they're two of the best wrestlers in the world today and they just did what they do so magnificently, and allowed it to build and build till I was completely on the hook.

Came to post this, got beaten like Jay White.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Rarity posted:

HM: Brian Cage vs. Willie Mack, AEW Rampage, 20/01

Agreed

Also

HM: Daniel Garcia and his pants vs. Action Andretti, AEW Rampage, 20/01

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

I saw a Mahabali Shera match in TYOOL 2023 and I am not here to nominate it for WMOTY. I'm definitely not here to nominate it for an HM or MOTYC, but I think that is notable. I turned on an OVW all cage match show expecting some all time crap and got "mostly fine or boring."

Wait, is he the lad that did that silly dance at TNA? I didn't realise he was still going.