Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay (C) vs. Kenny Omega for the IWGP US Heavyweight Title - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17 1/4

:stonklol:

Human beings should not be capable of what these two do in the ring.

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Switchblade Jay White (C) vs. Kazuchika Okada for the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship - NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17 1/4

They had a hell of a job having to follow Omega/Ospreay and it was tough going at first, but they're two of the best wrestlers in the world today and they just did what they do so magnificently, and allowed it to build and build till I was completely on the hook.

Unnecessary nthing for both of these. The former was not at all what I was expecting and was excellent. The latter was exactly what I was expecting and was excellent. Absolutely incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Bryan Danielson vs. Bandido - AEW Dynamite 1/18

Holy gently caress this was good. Just a random Dynamite, Danielson out there having PPV Main Event Quality matches. Bandido just hurking him around with his surprising strength. Hot crowd. Amazing match.

Outstanding match, I loved it and I'm giving it another vote that it probably doesn't need.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

MassRafTer posted:

NWA Power 3/8

WMOTYC: Beast Mode vs Trevor Murdoch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI1yedgqi_4

The wrestler so incredible I had to create a thread, but he deserve the nomination here. This is the worst match you will see in TYOOL 2023 unless we get my dream match, Beast Mode vs Tyrus. Just click the video, you'll love it.

I'm laughing so hard. Nthing this.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Okada, Tanahashi & Ishii (C) vs. Blackpool Combat Club (Mox & Claudio) & Shota Umino for the IWGP Six Man Tag Titles - NJPW Dominion 6/4

Spectacular. Please put Claudio in New Japan again.

Nth, this loving kicked rear end

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

sportsgenius86 posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Will Ospreay, AEW/NJPW Forbidden Door, 6/25

Holy loving poo poo

nthing this, completely different than what I was expecting and absolutely incredible. I liked their January match better but this is right up there in contention for the best of the year.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Will Ospreay (C) vs. Shota Umino for the IWGP UK/US Championship - NJPW Power Struggle 11/4

The absolute best character work I have ever seen from Shota Umino, absolutely star-making stuff from a guy who was already in the process of becoming a star but kicked it up another notch tonight in an astonishing way. Plus, you know, Ospreay is absolutely phenomenal in the ring too which doesn't hurt! The 25 minute call absolutely blew my goddamn mind.

nthing this, if not for the Ospreay/Omega matches this would be the best match I saw all year. Watch this match!

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 12/27

MOTYC: Swerve Strickland vs. Jay White vs. Jon Moxley
MOTYC Bryan Danielson vs. Eddie Kingston
Nthing both of these, very excited to see World's End!

Chris James 2 posted:

AEW Dynamite 12/27
WMOTY: MJF and Samoa Joe defend the ROH tag titles vs two of the Devil's masked men

Nthing this too, not terribly interested in the main event. AEW is a land of contrasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Mark Briscoe, Claudio Castagnoli, Bryan Danielson & Daniel Garcia vs. Brody King, Jay Lethal, Rush & Switchblade Jay White - AEW World's End 12/30
Started slow, got better, turned great, finished extremely well.

MOTYC: Christian Cage (C) vs. Adam Copeland in a No Disqualification Match for the TNT Title - AEW World's End 12/30
From just before the opening bell to just after the bell rang at the end of the match, this was an incredible (and violent!) experience.

MOTYC: Eddie Kingston vs. Jon Moxley in the Continental Classic Final - AEW World's End 12/30
"YOU WANT 100% MOTHERFUCKER!?!" :sickos:

One of the weaker PPVs that AEW has done, but still managed to have two MOTYCs on it!

Agreed, nthing these!