Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

So what do the MAGA Republicans want out of Kevin and rhe rest of the GOP in order to vote for him as speaker?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

evilweasel posted:

Nothing. They want to ruin his career just to show they can. They got everything they could want out of him. He has nothing left but his hope.

Yiiikes.

Just read something saying one of the things they wanted was one congressman being able for force a vote of no confidence on the speaker?

I admit, I haven't been following the invide GOP stuff. The gently caress did this guy do to piss them off this bad.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

per WaPo, the dem leadership is whipping a nay vote on any pre-emptive adjournment today

Dem Leadership to the rest of the Dems: Hey...know what would be really funny?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

If you think about it, all this is the Democrats fault!

https://twitter.com/JustinWStapley/status/1610489985790271493?t=ZEOUMkv-awOd-9-mkHj31A&s=19

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

nine-gear crow posted:

The US is long overdue, in my opinion, for good old fashioned east European/south Asian style parliamentary floor brawl.

If Kevin McCarthy wants to be Speaker, he can only trust his fist. His caucus will never help him.

I think the closest we ever got was Louie Gohmert getting in people's face after the Pulse Nightclub shooting