Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

This chart from Wikipedia is my favorite thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Jesus Christ that last one :stare:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

not the house dems problem per se, but i imagine there's got to be some pressure on them once house staff start missing paychecks in a week

The insanity caucus specifically made it a demand to strip the staff of their union so I don't think they care.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

If we only count houses where there was a clear single party majority, what's the record for number of votes? We can't really compare to whatever the hell was happening in the 1800s with 6 different parties in congress.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

God if he Charlie Browns that football again I'm gonna laugh so fuckin hard.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Rigel posted:

well gently caress, it was historic, yall. Now we'll settle in for seeing whether the GOP house plunges us into national default or not, and an irritating torrent about some very important national congressional investigations over the massive size of Hunter Biden's surprisingly prodigious cock.

I hope they print a giant photo of it on poster board and display it on the house floor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Gyges posted:

Calls for McCarthy's head will be limited to Republicans in the rules. There are ways for a full majority to call for a vote, but that would include way more Republicans teaming up with Democrats than are necessary to call a vote on their own.

Given that congress is pretty much left to govern itself, is there anything stopping Republicans from saying "If Democrats want to vote, they have to do it by mail, and it has to be deposited by hand in a mailbox in bumfuck Alaska that gets pickups once a month"? Besides decorum and a desire to not be subject to the same rules when they lose the house, I mean.