Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
Do the Dems really need to argue in favor of the debt ceiling increase? It seems like most of the moderate Rs would grumble and be forced to support it anyway because it would cause massive economic issues and they are still beholden to businesses and billionaires.

And it seems like the House would be blamed for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

James Garfield posted:

Anything that passes the senate with 60 votes (like a clean debt ceiling increase) would easily pass a house vote, but the freedom caucus want changes that would let them stop the vote from happening

Right. To me it seems like the Dems should just call the bluff and pass a Senate bill and play chicken. The Republicans seem like they have a much weaker hand here since they're just as or more invested (well, most of them) in avoiding the stock market taking a big dump and bond rates increasing if US debt gets downgraded. Like I just can't imagine a world where billionaires and the Chamber of Commerce aren't calling up and screaming to just pass a bill and Republicans are way more beholden to this crowd.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

There is a close to 0% chance Santos gets removed.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

Google Jeb Bush posted:

I'm not saying it's likely, but at this point I'd be completely unsurprised if he faked his district residency, US citizenship, and/or not having murdered the original George Santos and stolen his identity

"Whomst among us hasn't..."