Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
If this nonsense goes on long enough and the house can't do anything because it doesn't have a speaker then eventually the debt ceiling is going to be reached and then that's a massive issue right? I can actually see that become a factor in the speaker race. In fact I'm wondering if that's part of the plan for the
MAGA wacko wing. Like something they can hold over the heads of the "moderate" Republicans AND Dems. Like "We are only putting up Gym Jordan for speaker. Vote for him, or the entire economy will be doomed". I mean I can totally see the MAGA folks doing that. They don't care what effect it will have on the economy .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Between McCarthy, Scalise, Jordan, Biggs, and Donalds who would the house Dems "prefer"? I mean I know they are all terrible but the least terrible from the Dem perspective is probably McCarthy right?

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
I declare a mistrial

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Youremother posted:

This is incredible how much longer until we get outright tears on the floor

How much longer until we get outright fistfights?

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
This poor clerk must want to kill herself by this point

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
So correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the concessions McCarthy made to the mega chuds was that any one Congress person can initiate a no confidence vote on the speaker right? I'm not sure I worded that right. So does that mean that someone from the opposing party can do that too? Or is it only for the party in the majority?

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Did I just see someone getting physically held back?

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
I swear if a fight breaks out in Congress on Jan 6th...

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Youremother posted:

Matt Gaetz will stop loving this vote once we hit 18

:bravo:

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
I think some guy just gave Gaetz a massive smooch on the cheek

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Who would have thought I'd be tuning into CSPAN on a Friday night hoping to watch the very real possibility of a fistfight

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
So not adjourned? Lol I'm not even tired yet let this royal rumble continue

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Well all I can say is SA is at its best when there's complete chaos in our government. The Gaetz jokes alone made my night.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Jan 6th is really such a crap day for the US government

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
LOL chanting USA USA after this near 3rd world shitshow

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

If SNL hasn't got him already they're going to have someone go all in on his weird hand movements.

I bet SNL is kicking themselves for getting rid of Chris Redd right now because he's a drat spitting image of Hakeem Jeffries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
Is Jeffries doing this speech off the cuff?