Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

smackfu posted:

Is Bishop actually going to nominate someone? Or just complain about tweets?

Complaining about tweets is praxis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug
Yep. Cloud brought Donalds to 5. McCarthy fails again.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

cr0y posted:

Wait I'm not watching at the moment because I'm on a conference call but I thought they voted to adjourn?

They got quorum, now they are doing a vote for speaker. Hakeeeeeeeeeem Jefferies!

Dr. VooDoo posted:

One aspect I don’t see brought up about how the Republicans doing this to themselves is those 20 anti-McCarthy freaks have no threats to their power due to the GOP gerrymandering and voter suppression in their districts so hard. They can do whatever they want, the GOP anointed them god kings of their territories they have no threat of being voted out. That sucks, huh, McCarthy?

They do have a threat to their power, being primaried by someone who can claim to be more recalcitrant, using their vote for McCarthy as an example of something the challenger would not do.

Tnega fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 5, 2023

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

Raenir Salazar posted:

21 Not McCarthy votes now?

Same as yesterday, only change is now Trump was proposed.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

Popete posted:

This all bodes well for a GOP controlled house getting a lot accomplished over the next few years.

Especially as it sounds like McCarthy is caving on needing only one member to start a vote to oust the speaker.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug
I for one, welcome speaker Jeffries, when the McCarthy gives up and tries a rule change to have the speaker elected by plurality.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug
This is the look of someone who knows they are presiding over a historical moment, and not a good one.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

Herstory Begins Now posted:

2 years of investigations into how the hell hunters cock got so dang big is an agenda afterall

Well, with SCOTUS quoting Matthew Hale, Hunter Biden being subpoenaed for his involvement with the ongoing koro epidemic is not out of the question.
For the benefit of our overseas friends, the next meeting starts at 17:00 GMT.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

Randalor posted:

So at what point is Gaetz/MTG/Boebert going to try to make a "big brain play" and "show that the Democrats are just as disorganized as us" and nominate the arch-extremist, AOC?

MTG is already on team McCarthy.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug
They flipped Bishop, interesting.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

if you want to know if McCarthy flipped any of the CFC, the early guys in the roll call are

Biggs
Bishop
Boebert
Brecheen
Cloud
Clyde
Crane
Donalds
Gaetz

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

surf rock posted:

Who were the three non-McCarthy votes?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_Speaker_of_the_United_States_House_of_Representatives_election#Votes_cast_by_members

Biggs, Boebert and Crane.

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug
Harris is 6.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX9J7WcYtxI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

Shogeton posted:

Is there anything in the rules stopping Mc Carthy from making the Rules 'need a 25% of Republican Caucus to initiate a vote to vacate, the House recognizes Gaetz is a fuckstain and I don't give a poo poo about a broken promise to him?' besides, well, the wrath of primary electorate?

From putting them down on paper? No, but you would still need a majority of the house to approve them to make them binding.