Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

It's fun being in uncharted waters, politically speaking. I like being able to check Twitter and not see a gazillion wonks explaining what's going to happen before it happens. Instead, everything is just up in the air and no one really knows what the final outcome looks like so they're retweeting mid-credibility gossip and anonymous sources and speculating about every single tea leaf from body language to choice of food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

cr0y posted:

I don't see how he magically has new votes, especially with little news overnight.

Trump did re-endorse him this morning, but I'm not sure that's worth anything at all any more. If they don't have a decision today, I think they stay deadlocked until the debt ceiling starts looming.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

Baronash posted:

You could do a 1 minute period for representatives to cast a “yea” vote for each nominated candidate, with special snowflake voters going up and giving their vote to the clerk.

It’s not a technology problem, it’s just that some folks confuse the ceremony with the actual political maneuvering and nobody else cares enough to fight them on it.

Galaxy brain: assign each member of the house a morse code sequence to enter using yea-nay button presses.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

Kevin McCarthy's Final Fantasy Fourteen

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

Cabbit posted:

Stormchud

Endvoter