Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Kevin McCarthy is a stupid rear end in a top hat with no shame or self-reflective capabilities and I hope he continues to be a stupid rear end in a top hat for a long time to come and you guys just have no Speaker of the House for the 118th Congress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Oh my god, Speaker Jim Jordan, here we actually loving come...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bel Shazar posted:

"Much like a Taliban, I also rape children."

gently caress you beat me to it!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mooseontheloose posted:

seriously though, when is the FBI coming down on this guy?

Never. They've already said they don't give a poo poo about prosecuting him/don't think they can make a case a jury will buy so they're just gonna let him walk.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I'm not gonna hand anything to Matt Gaetz but it WAS amazingly presumptuous of K-Mack to move all his poo poo into the Speaker's office before they even held the vote. So gently caress yeah, make him crate it all up and move it back to his original tiny cubicle, just for the continued humiliation alone.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

so how long before the next debt ceiling crisis forces Biden to Mint the Coin?

Oh that sounds ideal, let's make a list of those people

. . .

Put Kevin McCarthy's face on the $1 Trillion Coin

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mooseontheloose posted:

Fun fact, the House has to invite the President to the state of the Union.

Get ready for CNN's live coverage of "So Here's How We're Doing This Year" 2023 with Joe Biden, live from the White House lawn.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The US is long overdue, in my opinion, for good old fashioned east European/south Asian style parliamentary floor brawl.

If Kevin McCarthy wants to be Speaker, he can only trust his fist. His caucus will never help him.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TwoDeer posted:

Who is Master Shake in this context? I did a double take when I thought Dana Snyder had gotten mixed up with these people.

Mark Levin, whose natural speaking voice sounds exactly like the voice Dana Snyder does for Master Shake.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

cr0y posted:

So what's going to be different at 8:00

...it will be 8:00?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

smackfu posted:

It’s an actual yeas / nays vote, they are voting right now. Only one republican voted nay so far though.

Whoever it was flipped to Yes now. No breakaways from the Republicans so far, so it looks like they'll pull off adjournment,

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Per Jake Tapper, McCarthy had his guys whip hard for Yeys because someone was going to nominate Scalise, lol

So now we know what's on the agenda for tomorrow then :haw:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/LauraLoomer/status/1610677777853808640

Since there's no Speaker and no rules, Laura Loomer has decided to try and infiltrate the House and see how long it takes before anyone realizes she lost her congressional primary and kicks her the gently caress out :v:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shooting Blanks posted:

Chaos nomination for next speaker: Mitch McConnell

hosed up that you could actually find a way to make me feel bad for loving Addison Mitchell McConnell

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Pleasant Friend posted:

What about a joint speakership position? Would McCarthy be satisfied as co-speaker?

I doubt it. This has been his dream for well over a decade. It's all or nothing for him, and nothing is quickly bullying all out of the room. I doubt he'd take a pity part-time Speakership gig, no matter who offered it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Kammat posted:

SEVEN! SEVEN FAILS!

SEVEN FOR KEVIN!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

time for cloud to limit break Kev again

Extremely appropriate that Cloud kills Keviroth on vote VII.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

smoobles posted:

It's still funny after 7 times ahahaha

If I had a nickle for every time Kevin McCarthy lost a vote to be Speaker of the House, I'd have 35 cents, which isn't a lot but it's loving hilarious that it's happened seven times now :newlol:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Another historic loss for Donald J. Trump.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
:siren::siren::siren:GAETZ NOMINATES TRUMP FOR SPEAKER!:siren::siren::siren:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Let's have some applause for that!

two people clapped

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Who the gently caress is this rear end in a top hat even nominating? :confused:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Jaxyon posted:

GOP pulling a spite all-nighter

:sickos:

An all-spiter!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
The complete absence of Steve Scalise in all this has been an enduring mystery to me since this started. The fact that he has not emerged by now as the heir apparent to get McCarthy to sit down means that he probably doesn't want to be Speaker under any circumstances, so that's why the rest of the caucus is flailing about nominating clown show candidates because no one actually seriously wants the gig besides McCarthy. The #2 option for them at this point besides McCarthy is literally nobody. Because if it was Scalise, we'd know by now because Steve Scalise, the physically dickless wonder that he is, is more than ready, willing, and able to just walk in and poo poo down McCarthy's neck like a honking giga chad if he wants something, and he hasn't which means he doesn't.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Comstar posted:

Why is the Republican Party not throwing the chucklefucks out for doing this? Why is there no pressure on them to stop this?

Because the chucklefucks are the Republican party. There is otherwise zero daylight between Kevin McCarthy and Matt Gaetz on 99 out of 100 other issues. This just happens to be the 1 out of 100 that causes the whole apparatus to try and divide by 0 where those nanoangstroms of difference actually matter.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

coelomate posted:

somebody should tell gaetz that his face is like, upside down

His face looks like something you'd see if you had a special power to see the true face of demons posing as humans on earth, only it's his real, actual, normal face.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
lol the normal* Republicans are all walking out on Gaetz's speech

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

tecnocrat posted:

Gaetz now has a chance to do the funniest thing ever.

The only time I'm ever going to root for and have faith in Matt Gaetz

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rigel posted:

Boebert still has to vote present, she could (probably not) spitefully switch to "not McCarthy"

I hope she does. Come on crazies. gently caress. THIS. UUUUUUUP!!!!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gyges posted:

Of course Gaetz immediately realized 15 was just right.

:vince:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Silly Burrito posted:

just shut up and vote

looool the Dems are dragging out their nomination speech just to gently caress with the Republicans

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
If McCarthy wins this one change the thread title to "15 is fine for Matt Gaetz"

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Hopefully this causes some hilarious fights in the future. K-Mack sold the farm for some completely un-magical beans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Gyges posted:

Imagine caving to a degenerate acolyte of chaos so hard they can't even think of any new way for you to debase yourself. Now imagine that all of that, everything you gave up, didn't even get you his vote. No, instead he voted Present.

And now imagine all of the unlimited power he has over you personally and professionally for the rest of his and your careers, whichever one ends first.