Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Edward Mass posted:

That's a relief - I thought she was voting for Kevin Hearn, keyboardist for Barenaked Ladies.

"How long have these ballots been going on?" It's beeeeeeeeeeeen..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

https://twitter.com/cabot_phillips/status/1611575316966776833

He is loving irate

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Kevin McCarthy in: Enemy at the Gaetz

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Rosalind posted:

Kevin McCarthy's Final Fantasy Fourteen

Stormchud

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

For those we have lol, for those we can yet lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Gyges posted:

The rules fight is currently set to potentially be an even bigger shitshow than the Speaker race. So long as Kevin was promising crazy poo poo, there was a good chance the rest of the party would save him from the crazier rules. However if he's giving away people's chairmanships, the rule where 1 member can call for his ouster is going to be set in stone. Which then snowballs from there as everyone scrambles to get their specific bribe codified into the rules instead of just being a pinky promise with Kevin.

quote:

Matt Gaetz says he finally flipped his vote to “present” on the House speaker vote after Kevin McCarthy caved to every one of his demands.

“I ran out of things I could even imagine to ask for,” the Florida Congressman told CNN reporter Melanie Zanona in the early hours of Saturday morning after a rowdy post-midnight vote finally saw Mr McCarthy elected to House speaker.

Source

If Matt Gaetz ran out of poo poo to ask for I have to think it's very plausible there's a chairmanship with his name on it, just above someone else's scribbled out name.