Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

It’s an actual yeas / nays vote, they are voting right now. Only one republican voted nay so far though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I appreciate the 53 people waiting ten minutes to vote.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The Supreme Court already struck down term limits as unconstitutional in the 90's when Gingrich passed them.

When did Gingrich pass term limits? I don’t think that stuff ever got put into law.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Curious to see if McCarthy can chip away anyone in today’s vote. Hopefully they don’t just come in and recess immediately, like last night. Although the recess vote was quite amusing to watch.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

If they wanted to speed up the votes, I assume they could just use the electronic system they typically use and that they used for the recess vote yesterday.

Doesn’t really accomplish much, the second two votes yesterday were pointless regardless.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Ah, good point and makes a lot of sense.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

At least that dem speech was short.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Is Bishop actually going to nominate someone? Or just complain about tweets?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Wow they are going fast today.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

if you want to know if McCarthy flipped any of the CFC, the early guys in the roll call are

Biggs
Bishop
Boebert
Brecheen
Cloud
Clyde
Crane
Donalds
Gaetz

All the Bs voted for Donalds so welp.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Appreciated that CSPAN had the camera tight on the woman who didn’t hear her name called because she wasn’t paying attention.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I assume the Reps don’t get their salary either.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I’m surprised more people aren’t making pointless floor speeches as part of a nomination of a random person.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Don’t understand how they “made concessions” to the Not Kevin crew but didn’t pull away any votes. Someone’s not good at negotiating.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Ha, the clerk was like, “what is this BS, are you nominating someone or just giving a speech?”

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

So currently three against plus Gaetz I’m sure.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I had to come in from the other room to see who got booed.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Only 432 voters this time, so half is 216 and McCarthy had 214. Close!

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Youth Decay posted:

The other risk for McCarthy is if he concedes too much to the point of losing support from the non-batshit side.

Gets Speaker, can’t manage to pass rules package… that would be fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Rules package passed with zero drama so I guess this thread is done.