Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Dang I bet they really wanted to be investigating Hunter by now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I mean I don't really think Jordan has the votes either?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I feel like that doesn't help kdawg in the slightest and might actually make things worse for him.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Lumpy posted:

Out of curiosity, why would that hurt him? Doesn't it give some of the crazies cover to vote for him after some performative no votes early in the day?

I could be completely wrong but Trump seems to be getting more and more toxic to the Republican party by the day and I think the more moderate flanks don't want their names in any way attached to voting for one of Trump's "guys".

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Also they don't even have plausible deniability anymore on how much Trump factored into their decision because they are on record as voting no three times until orange Hitler had an opinion on it.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Piell posted:

12 eastern

I think there is a small chance that McCarthy wins the first vote today, but if he doesn't I think we're probably here for weeks/months

I don't see how he magically has new votes, especially with little news overnight.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

What does that even achieve

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

JEB!

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Sounds like that phone call with Trump went very well

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

The Democrats should just turn this into a giant loving circus, wear silly costumes, eat pizza with their feet kicked up on the chairs, do bong rips, play beer pong in the aisles, have a karaoke station.

Any Republican that votes for Jeffries gets a ticket to the ice cream bar.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Kavros posted:

Please do not threaten me with a kinky legislature

The majority whip is whoever possesses this

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

So what's going to be different at 8:00

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

You can't burn boats they live in water

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

We will never surrender, now tell us exactly what you want and you'll get it, and let that be a lesson to you.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Booooooooooooo

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

STOP THE COUNT

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Yes but under the rules of bird law...

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Wait I'm not watching at the moment because I'm on a conference call but I thought they voted to adjourn?

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

First they vote against you
Then they laugh at you
Then they elect someone else
Then you win

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

This one's gonna do it. I can feel it guys.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I wonder if any of the Democrats are playing video games wirelessly with each other

I would be so loving bored

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

The dems should seriously do like a cameo thing where for a thousand bucks donated to charity gets your name announced on the house floor

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

This is truly the best way to govern a country.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Piell posted:

Trone had scheduled surgery and is now back.
https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1611434437408919562

LOL what a kick in the nuts that is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Why can no one explain why Obama wasn't in the white house on J6?

Makes you think