Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Eiba posted:

Even if such a person existed, can you imagine how these people and their base would react to a Speaker installed with the help of Democrats?

It would need to be someone from an ostensibly blue state with a legislature and governor willing to help out the republicans when need be.

Someone with broad spectrum appeal to the lgbt, Hispanic, Eastern European, and Jewish community.

Someone willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done and not let reality stand in his way.

Someone will to be the hero we need, not the hero we deserve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Getting McCarthy to commit to a vote on something that was already pre-struck down decades ago by the Supreme Court is a pretty novel demand. I can't imagine what the purpose of getting him to commit to pass a law that will never pass the Senate or be signed by the President, and if it did, would instantly become void other than just seeing what else he will agree to.

How many gop reps, McCarthy included, do you think know that?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

If you told me gaetz was planning to leave Congress and transition to hard right media grift Valhalla, I can’t imagine a much better way he could do it.

Easier gig, more lucrative and he’s already been cleared for under age sex trafficking so he probably thinks he’s invincible.