Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

I think the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT NFT debacle may have been the final "the emperor has no clothes" moment for Trump.

A lot can change in two years, but 1) right now his influence is waning rapidly and 2) he doesn't appear to be doing anything to change that and get ready for 2024.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Anyone have a clue what that guy was shouting? The one with the Texas flag tie?

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

No, it wasn't that. But I did hear that one, too!

I'm assuming it was a Texas rep, maybe it was North Carolina? based on the tie. A Black man, shouting fairly angrily, then a "Jefferies" vote was tallied. :shrug:

Judgy Fucker fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jan 4, 2023

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Beechbone posted:

It was Rep. Al Green. I couldn't totally tell what he was saying but something about 71 (21?) unmarked graves and an atrocity?

Edit:

Found a source
https://twitter.com/albyselkie/status/1610696802709159936?s=20&t=EJDWTdmWma2vRxFv12-DNA

Thanks for solving the case! :tipshat:

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Jaxyon posted:

holy poo poo at first i thought it was the actual voice actor reading a script for comedy, but that's his actual voice?

I refuse to believe that's the voice of someone who is on the radio for a living.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Why would the Dems negotiate with McCarthy or anyone else in the Republican caucus? The last decade, if not generation, has shown them to behave in bad faith as their default modus operandi. Any deals/concessions would have to be viewed with extreme suspicion. Just look at the supposed concessions McCarthy has offered to the holdouts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Meatball posted:

Didn't Clinton's approval go up after his impeachment? I could see that happening here, especially if it's the transparent bullshit it's likely to be.

Yes, he's the only President to have left office with a higher approval rating than when their term began.

Though the economy probably played a bigger role in that than the impeachment stuff