Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

StumblyWumbly posted:

Are there any moderate republicans left who could say "gently caress this absolute shitshow, its dumb and bad for the country" and try to get democrats + like 20 republicans? Say its an anti-Trump republican who promises to just exclude the hard right anti-Kevin folks.
There have been some (relatively) moderate Republicans signaling to that and apparently some rumblings of the idea, but no there are not enough moderate Republicans, and probably not enough Democrats. While a functioning congress and competent Speaker would be ideal, we're far from that world. So, it's better for Democrats to crown Jeffries while Republicans cannibalize themselves and limp to the finishing line with a humiliated Speaker or other poo poo-show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Charliegrs posted:

Between McCarthy, Scalise, Jordan, Biggs, and Donalds who would the house Dems "prefer"? I mean I know they are all terrible but the least terrible from the Dem perspective is probably McCarthy right?
The Dems are rooting for chaos atm which is true in whatever situation. If McCarthy wins he'll be a humbled and ineffective leader, Jordan's a sack of scandals, and Donalds is a Black Matt Walsh who is coasting on some viral moments of him smartly (not really) owning libs while in fact just saying dumb bullshit. There really isn't anyone on the table who is going to be a strong leader.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I know that it wouldn't benefit the Republicans at all and would be entirely meaningless, but they should make McCarthy promise that he won't accept the office of President if Harris or Biden were killed because that would legitimately be funny

Also he has to wear Loony Tunes ties for his entire term.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Cumdog Millionaire posted:

I was asleep. Did republicans take it on the 14th vote?
I saw 217 - 212 and 6 present. I thought it had to be 218?
Kevin McCarthy is the speaker but in a Ship of Theseus kind of way.